Tesla is offline Member

Ever try this thing for zits?

Anyone ever try this at-home light therapy for zits? I saw a segment on CNN once (you can watch the segment on their web site) and their does seem to be something to it. I'm thinking about getting one and checking it out...

http://www.lumiport.com/products.html

~Tesla~

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Looks retarded to me.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    I Would Not Use It Bro, Dermabrasion Is Very Hard To Get Right Even The Best Can F*** A Face Up Leaving You Worse Than You Already May Be.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I actually heard these things wrok - one i heard about was more epxeisve however - not sure i would use this cheaper version

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Let's think about this

Sounds dreamy to me. Not to say it doesn't work.

The immediate causes of acne have been know for more than 40 years.
    Acne develops from four fundamental processes:

1.) blockage of the follicle opening (pore)
    2.) overproduction of skin oils (sebum)
    3.) inflammation and infection of the pimple
    4.) bacterial colonization

So why spend $150 burning away your zits when instead you can prevent them in the first place with an otherwise safe and effective treatment?

Why even let your skin get to the point where your "applying red and blue light" to it when in fact there is other methods available to insure clear skin all along?

Just something to think about....

Tesla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Sounds dreamy to me. Not to say it doesn't work.

The immediate causes of acne have been know for more than 40 years.
    Acne develops from four fundamental processes:

1.) blockage of the follicle opening (pore)
    2.) overproduction of skin oils (sebum)
    3.) inflammation and infection of the pimple
    4.) bacterial colonization

So why spend $150 burning away your zits when instead you can prevent them in the first place with an otherwise safe and effective treatment?

Why even let your skin get to the point where your "applying red and blue light" to it when in fact there is other methods available to insure clear skin all along?

Just something to think about....
    You make an excellent point. I've already tried accutane, retin-A, glycolic acid, antibiotics, etc, etc and I'm still prone to getting these things. I currently take the pantothenic acid, which does a pretty good job but I still get an occasional zit. At this point, applying red and blue light is more of a last resort than a first line of defense. Oh, and I'm 32 y/o....not some kid trying to look good for the prom.

kihop is offline Associate Member
    Looks shadey to me... LED lights???
    I thought this was using a laser or something not LED lights.

marsab73 is offline Junior Member
    well they do have a 60 day return policy so buy and try it....if it does works your only assssed out of 15 bucks for the restocking fee.....keep us posted....this may be a savior for those of us with backne......

Suggestions

Tesla,

Believe me, I can completely relate to your post. I've tried practically every acne medication under the skin. Sure some worked better than others. But I'd continue to breakout what seemed like every other week (of course always when a gathering/event was coming up!). Anyway, after much research I'd finally got to the heart of the problem and resolved my skin issue once and for all. Although the site is still under contruction, it was this cream that finally cleared my skin for good. You can find it at: www.anabolicarmor.com.
    In addition to the cream, diet is without a doubt (proven scientific studies) a leading cause of acne. If you are hesistant (as I was at first) you can study the lifestyle of the Inuit (Eskimo) people living in remote islands, who were 100% free of acne as a group (acne was completely absent
    in their culture across age groups). It wasn't until they altered their native diet and became more and more westernized, their health began to decline and cases of acne started to show up. For more info check this out: http://www.thepaleodiet.com/articles...%20Article.pdf
    Well, I don't want to stuff anything down your throat here bro, just passing along some info that may be useful and helpful to you. It was enough to make sense to me. Take it as you well.
    Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

~US~

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla
    You make an excellent point. I've already tried accutane, retin-A, glycolic acid, antibiotics, etc, etc and I'm still prone to getting these things. I currently take the pantothenic acid, which does a pretty good job but I still get an occasional zit. At this point, applying red and blue light is more of a last resort than a first line of defense. Oh, and I'm 32 y/o....not some kid trying to look good for the prom.

Tesla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Tesla,

Believe me, I can completely relate to your post. I've tried practically every acne medication under the skin. Sure some worked better than others. But I'd continue to breakout what seemed like every other week (of course always when a gathering/event was coming up!). Anyway, after much research I'd finally got to the heart of the problem and resolved my skin issue once and for all. Although the site is still under contruction, it was this cream that finally cleared my skin for good. You can find it at: www.anabolicarmor.com.
    In addition to the cream, diet is without a doubt (proven scientific studies) a leading cause of acne. If you are hesistant (as I was at first) you can study the lifestyle of the Inuit (Eskimo) people living in remote islands, who were 100% free of acne as a group (acne was completely absent
    in their culture across age groups). It wasn't until they altered their native diet and became more and more westernized, their health began to decline and cases of acne started to show up. For more info check this out: http://www.thepaleodiet.com/articles...%20Article.pdf
    Well, I don't want to stuff anything down your throat here bro, just passing along some info that may be useful and helpful to you. It was enough to make sense to me. Take it as you well.
    Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

~US~

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check into the acne cream. Any idea what's in it?

Mike_Huck is offline Banned
    Dude use some Pantothenic acid B5 powder, this stuff will clear your face its really good give a try.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Huck
    Dude use some Pantothenic acid B5 powder, this stuff will clear your face its really good give a try.
    what dosage you use? 5grams a day?

Tesla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Huck
    I'm already on B5 powder. It helps a lot but doesn't completely dry it all up.

Basic info...

Triclosan (0.3% Irgasan 300, Ciba Geigy) is the active ingredient. In addition to Triclosan, all ingredients found in the product are Generally Regarded As Safe and Effective (GRASE).

Steel Curtain Acne Defense is a highly potent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal skin protectant originally designed for highly toxic pesticides, hazardous chemicals and biological contaminants.

In fact, Steel Curtain Acne Defense is so strong it suspends a proven antibacterial in the polymer for up to four-hours, thus helping curtail exposure to a wide range of unwanted bacteria.

Furthermore, when applied, it temporarily protects and helps prevent chafing, chapping, cracking, and dryness of skin while allowing your skin to breathe and perspire normally.

As for application, it is recommended to start application prior to your cycle and continue defense until you see a great improvement or complete remission of your acne.

One size only: 8 fl. oz. bottle should last you approx. 4 months (using 2 applications a day).

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to check into the acne cream. Any idea what's in it?

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    www.myzeno.com

supposed to work well.

Ah, not so sure about the long term consequences of this method.
    Don't know about you, but putting fire/heat/electric shocks or whatever form of heat to your face...can't possibly be good for your skin. I'd precede with caution here....thats just me though!

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    www.myzeno.com

supposed to work well.

Thread Information