mikeloop is offline Junior Member

Waking up with pinched nerve in lower back on Christmas Day, still hurts!!!

Hey guys, I wanted some serious input on this as I am starting to get worried about my back, because it did happen 5 months ago! I woke up on Xmas morning and could NOT move whatsoever. Even moving my back a few degrees forwards to backwards caused an incredible pain that shot a bit into my upper glutes but mainly just radiating lower back pain. I did not train for a good 3 weeks or so and could barely move, it was not fun!

Now a days, it is mainly just sore when sitting for long periods of time or just after waking up as it gets REALLY stiff. It's more of a DULL ACHE than a sharp pain. The only real pain comes when I LEAN BACKWARDS! When I get going on my day or leave the gym, it is just about 95% fine!! Sometimes when I lean forward too much I feel a little bit of cracking but I think it's due to normal stiffness!

I did consult my family doc and he believes it was a little tweak I did in my sleep and to start getting chiropractor adjustments or to see a deep massage therapist. Many docs obviously don't give the time of day to their patients but he's a nice guy and usually listens, he doesn't think it's anything major but I'm in my early 20's and should not have back pain like this..

Any suggestions/comments???? (Thanks for reading I really appreciate it guys, really!)

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with the go see a Chiropractor and if your doc will write you a prescription for massage HELL yes... I use to hate the idea of massage until I got injured and had to have them done. Now I cant get enough. When I go to Thailand or Philippines I will get them ever day if possible.

Find a good Chiropractor who will xray your back, who will spend time talking to you, explaining what is out and about how long it will take to fix it. If after the first adjustment you feel 100% better then STOP, dont go back until you think you need to. Dont let him tell you how often unless you agree. If his adjustment helps but not 100% then keep trying 1 or 2x a week for a couple of weeks but if it does not get 99% better quickly you might want to find someone else. Some just like to keep you coming back. Mine gives me an adjustment and says that's all until I want to come back. He does about 10 minutes of DEEP massage first and OMG it can be painful in a good way.

Defiantly if it's out and it's been this long you need to see a chiropractor. Anything over 1 week is most likely not going to self fix. I have one spot between the upper shoulder blades that goes out sometimes. It's one of the few places I cant adjust easily myself. I cant move my neck to the left but the right is OK. He is good at knocking that back in 99% of the time the first try. I did find a nice big desk with a big rounded edge the right height I can press myself against and pop it in myself most of the time now. LOL
    Last edited by lovbyts; 05-17-2011 at 12:07 AM.

mikeloop is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I agree with the go see a Chiropractor and if your doc will write you a prescription for massage HELL yes... I use to hate the idea of massage until I got injured and had to have them done. Now I cant get enough. When I go to Thailand or Philippines I will get them ever day if possible.

Find a good Chiropractor who will xray your back, who will spend time talking to you, explaining what is out and about how long it will take to fix it. If after the first adjustment you feel 100% better then STOP, dont go back until you think you need to. Dont let him tell you how often unless you agree. If his adjustment helps but not 100% then keep trying 1 or 2x a week for a couple of weeks but if it does not get 99% better quickly you might want to find someone else. Some just like to keep you coming back. Mine gives me an adjustment and says that's all until I want to come back. He does about 10 minutes of DEEP massage first and OMG it can be painful in a good way.

Defiantly if it's out and it's been this long you need to see a chiropractor. Anything over 1 week is most likely not going to self fix. I have one spot between the upper shoulder blades that goes out sometimes. It's one of the few places I cant adjust easily myself. I cant move my neck to the left but the right is OK. He is good at knocking that back in 99% of the time the first try. I did find a nice big desk with a big rounded edge the right height I can press myself against and pop it in myself most of the time now. LOL
    Good stuff thanks for the reply, keeping my fingers crossed! You think that one adjustment could do trick though, is that possible!? Sorry am all to new to this!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I had bad experiences with a chiropractor after my back seemingly exploded six years ago. I found out I had an extruded disk (ruptured with the fluid still attached outside the disk) and a few bulging disks. I didn't want surgery, so I tried spinal decompression therapy. they said my injury was so bad that they didn't even give me 50/50 odds of success, but I was lucky. In a week I could get around again, and after a while I could do my day-to-day without pain. Insurance didn't cover it because it was classified as "experimental", but the money was worth it to get my life back.

Thread Information