chitownhustler is offline New Member

Pectoral Tear from Bone - Whats next?

Hey guys,

First post to the board but have been reading for years.

Decided to go powerlifting for the first time with a bunch of guys I've worked out with for years. My normal heavy day is 4-5 sets of 225-275lbs.

In a test driven mood, and loaded with stupidity, I decided to bench heavier...8 sets increasing every time....410 lbs and some bad form tore my right pec right off the bone. Yeah I know.... But hey, I wasn't tired, was doing two reps with every increase and didn't even fathom something like this. Surgery to reattach was under the 2 week window and it looks symmetrical. Doc says I could be at my old self in a years time, sans bad ideas. So lets consider that powerlifting night a one night stand.

Anyway, I have a few concerns/questions. Started working out when I was 15, always natural. On and off over the years....sometimes dedicated 9-12 months and then something in life threw me off. Never tried gear.

Then, Sept '10 did my first cycle, 10 weeks of 500mg a week Test enth.

Then, Second cycle, after a 60 day break, 10 weeks of 500/750 Test enth and 600 mg tren per week. After week 6, and old chronic back issue (unrelated) showed up and I stopped gear. They treated the inflammation in my back with Cortico injections and two oral medi-paks of cortico's. Took another 60 days off. Back issue actually dissppeared AFTER I started doing deep squats, showing later I had a tight Glute min issue that was from running years ago. Been GREAT since.

Third cycle, 10 weeks over this past summer, 500mg Test Enth and 300mg week of Tren 200, first 8 weeks did 400 of deca . Made amazing gains in strength and size. It was a damn near perfect cycle in my mind for 3 substances.

I'm under an 8 week recovery plan with almost no movement of my arm for the first 6 weeks. The atrophy of course is insane....I've already lost 20 lbs. But my right arm looks pathetic...and doctors orders are "no use of the arm" and PT for the prescribed time. So I have an almost stagnant arm till day 60 from surgery. Yeah it sucks.

Few Questions:

- How many of you think that the break might have been from gear? I don't believe it had anything to do with creating bad tendon issues? It wasn't much gear...my sides were always VERY minimal so I've had a great experience overall.

- Does anyone suggest a cycle to help with repair? Something that tendons would heal with better? Is there such? I'm reading stuff like HGH, small amounts of test with deca

- When would you begin another cycle? just hold off 6 months or get back into it? m I"m interested to getting back where I was, sans my chest workout which will prob take a year to get back to 185...lol

Any advice appreciated.

Personal stats:

Age 36
    6'0 Tall
    210 Today (was 235 at end of week 10 3rd cycle)
    Best bench WAS 390...before I snapped
    Squat 400
    8% BMI
    High pain threshhold lol
    Last edited by chitownhustler; 09-21-2011 at 07:48 PM.

MastaMan is offline Associate Member
    Save the juice, it'd just be a waste with no training. Eat good, keep protein up so your body can heal, and keep it clean so youdon't get fat. It would be smart to staynatural for a good while after you begin lifting too.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Stay off the juice not going to do you any good.I would work back slow all nat.I am sure someone here has blown a pec b4.Talk to Marcus he can lead you in the right direction.

Thread Information