Thread: Shaving rash

DanB is offline Banned

Shaving rash

Ive tried every type of razor,foam,gel,cream,balm and nothing gets rid of it. After every shave im left with a noticeable red rash on my neck for 5 or 6 hours minimum. Any suggestions?

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Maybe try : Use a like Epson salts to exfoliate skin than product with salicylic acid in it before shaving to remove oils and dead skin in prep for a shave, put a hot cloth on area for a few min to soften hair a calm skin, just use water to shave (so no products are irritating skin) and use razor without lube strips on them, shave the direction of hair growth with sharp blade and take your time to go slow without too much pressure, after re apply a warm towel.

hope this helps

DanB is offline Banned
    Thanks im going to google them now to see what i can get and fingers crossed it will work

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100

Eppson salts are sold every where from CVS to Walmarts to grocery stores
    around $2.00 a bag

salicylic acid is in MOST acni washers

*not sure why the pix are not showing? but the links work.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post

Eppson salts are sold every where from CVS to Walmarts to grocery stores
    around $2.00 a bag

salicylic acid is in MOST acni washers

*not sure why the pix are not showing? but the links work.
    face scrub i use at min has salicylic acid in it funnily enough,local health/herbal shop has eppson salts will pick them up at weekend thanks

jkn399 is offline Junior Member
    i get it also its annoying

Richie83 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    Maybe try : Use a like Epson salts to exfoliate skin than product with salicylic acid in it before shaving to remove oils and dead skin in prep for a shave, put a hot cloth on area for a few min to soften hair a calm skin, just use water to shave (so no products are irritating skin) and use razor without lube strips on them, shave the direction of hair growth with sharp blade and take your time to go slow without too much pressure, after re apply a warm towel.

hope this helps
    ^^^^^ agreed

However, the reddness is typically from irritation. If you are new to shaving, this is common. If you are a seasoned shaver, and you still get irritation then follow the above with a few amendments:

1. Make sure your hair is short - use a clipper if you need to first and shave in the direction of the hair.
    2.Prep the skin with non irritant bead wash - the idea is to loosen the hair on the skin - salicylic acid can be quite irritating because it penetrates through the skin and can also dry it out. Being a liquid, it doesn't immediatly lift the hair or remove skin covering hair. Shaving gets rid of enough skin and this is where the irritation develops, so be gentle.
    3. Softening the hair is your next objective. Leaving shaving cream/gel on the hair for a couple of minutes will do this. Have a warm shower before you shave.
    4. And of course, shave in the direction of your hair with short sharp strokes and keep the razer clean.
    5. Finally, get a clean cloth and wet it with cold water. Place this over your face and let the cold water sooth your face. This should reduce irritiation and redness a lot sooner. There are after shave lotions but cold water is much better, at a young age your natural oils will replenish quickly enough.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie83 View Post
    ^^^^^ agreed

However, the reddness is typically from irritation. If you are new to shaving, this is common. If you are a seasoned shaver, and you still get irritation then follow the above with a few amendments:

1. Make sure your hair is short - use a clipper if you need to first and shave in the direction of the hair.
    2.Prep the skin with non irritant bead wash - the idea is to loosen the hair on the skin - salicylic acid can be quite irritating because it penetrates through the skin and can also dry it out. Being a liquid, it doesn't immediatly lift the hair or remove skin covering hair. Shaving gets rid of enough skin and this is where the irritation develops, so be gentle.
    3. Softening the hair is your next objective. Leaving shaving cream/gel on the hair for a couple of minutes will do this. Have a warm shower before you shave.
    4. And of course, shave in the direction of your hair with short sharp strokes and keep the razer clean.
    5. Finally, get a clean cloth and wet it with cold water. Place this over your face and let the cold water sooth your face. This should reduce irritiation and redness a lot sooner. There are after shave lotions but cold water is much better, at a young age your natural oils will replenish quickly enough.
    being doing this for couple weeks now, works quite well, better than any aftershave balm ive used. . . . .funny how simplest things are most effective. . . . .thanks

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    the only thing that works is to either run the shower over your face or submerge your face in hot water for afew mins, makes the blade go through hair like a hot knife through butter

a good cream is any that contains witch hazel, or put suda cream over the tender areas before going to bed

shirt collars etc really flare mine up, i dont do the top button anymore and keep a tie loose

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    the only thing that works is to either run the shower over your face or submerge your face in hot water for afew mins, makes the blade go through hair like a hot knife through butter

a good cream is any that contains witch hazel, or put suda cream over the tender areas before going to bed

shirt collars etc really flare mine up, i dont do the top button anymore and keep a tie loose
    i always try to shave after a shower or if im in gym at the time after a sauna. . . .ive been to the grafton barber numerous times aswell as few other places and still neck is irrated afterwards. very sensitive . . ill look into the witch hazel, amount of people i know that can shave with an old blunt twin blade using cold water and not a bother on them

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    i always try to shave after a shower or if im in gym at the time after a sauna. . . .ive been to the grafton barber numerous times aswell as few other places and still neck is irrated afterwards. very sensitive . . ill look into the witch hazel, amount of people i know that can shave with an old blunt twin blade using cold water and not a bother on them
    yeah im the same mate, hate shaving rash. suda cream is the best and fastest for clearing up a bout of it

Thread Information