Stats:
194lbs
33" Waist
340 Bench

I want to hit 350lbs in four weeks, June 2nd. This is the goal I set back in February when I was benching 230x3 after a long academic/athletic year. My previous best bench was 315, so I relied on muscle memory and hard work to get me back to 260x3 by mid march. From there, a 6 week Prop/Tren cycle got me to 310x3, and it's up to me to make up the difference. My reason for making this log is to:

1. Illustrate some benching methods that aren't too common on this board.
2. Self-motivation.

This was my benching routine since February:

HEAVY DAY
Flat Bench 4x3
Close Grip Bench 4x3
Military Press 4x5

LIGHT DAY
Flat Bench 4x10
JM Press 4x10
Lateral Shoulder Raises 4x10

After around 12 weeks of that and coming off the cycle, I feel my routine needed to be switched up. Obviously I made great gains with this routine, and I will definitely go back to it after this month, but I want to hit my bench from different angles for the next four weeks.

Routine for the month of May:

HEAVY DAY
Flat Bench w/ Double Mini Bands 4x3
Close Grip Bench w/ Double Mini Bands 4x3
Military Press 3x5

LIGHT DAY
Decline Bench 4x8
Tricep Pushdowns 4x10-15
Lateral Raises 3x10

I'm dropping the number of sets a tad to give myself a little bit of a breather. I'm also dropping the JM presses for the next 4 weeks. I gained tremendously from them, but I couldn't increase the weight last week and felt my triceps were getting too burnt out. I also want to give my elbows a breather since I'll be doing heavy band work weekly. My military press is still increasing so I'm keeping it in, but dropping one of the sets.

Follow along...