Rockin Z28 is offline Associate Member

feeling like a bloated cow on Omna/Deca

i just started my 2nd week of omna/DEca and i can say ive already gained about 13 pounds and i feel uncomfortable in my own skin LOL..i was doing cardio 4-5 days a week pre cycle and was about 18% bodyfat (down from 31%), i did some research and took advice from a few people not to do cardio on a cycle like this 500mg omna/250mg deca a week..but feeling this its hard not to jump on the elliptical or step mill a few tiems a week..ive been lifting no joke extremely hard and heavy and intense everyday (5-6 days a week now very intense short intervals) much heavier and faster paced then pre cycle and my strength seems improved but i feel like my face is turning into a moon..should i start doing cardio again every single day?

wukillabee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin Z28 View Post
    i just started my 2nd week of omna/DEca and i can say ive already gained about 13 pounds and i feel uncomfortable in my own skin LOL..i was doing cardio 4-5 days a week pre cycle and was about 18% bodyfat (down from 31%), i did some research and took advice from a few people not to do cardio on a cycle like this 500mg omna/250mg deca a week..but feeling this its hard not to jump on the elliptical or step mill a few tiems a week..ive been lifting no joke extremely hard and heavy and intense everyday (5-6 days a week now very intense short intervals) much heavier and faster paced then pre cycle and my strength seems improved but i feel like my face is turning into a moon..should i start doing cardio again every single day?
    Without scolding u too much and going into ur stats and what not ill give u this. Bein close to 20% and cycling will cause more problems for u and watch out for gyno. Try cutting out as much sodium and salt from ur diet as possible, this will bloat u especially while on and at ur bf level. Deca wont kick in for another 3 weeks at least and omnas r probably barely kickin in, probably the prop ur feeling.
    Now list everything else, the important facts to fully answer ur question like, height, weight, age, exp with aas/training, ur current cycle plans and pct, u get the picture. A daily diet will also greatly help since diet is key! How r u shooting it all?

Rockin Z28 is offline Associate Member
    yea sure not a problem..im 25 with very minimal cycle experience (took 6 weeks of EQ at 250mg in 2003..gained nothing, poor diet barely worked out) let myself get unbearably out of shape..started liftign again in late 2005 but just being a sally for the most part..got fairly serious in 2007, diet became serious in 2008 (dropped from 31% down to 17%..about 18 now..cardio also became prominent)..injured my shoulder in october benching 315 which is the most ive ever done in my life weighing 219 pounds..rehabhed/nursed it, got a cortisone shot now its at about 90% (i stay away from certain exercises) did a lot of research in the last 5-6 months and i wanted to take it a step further..came into the cycle weighing 224 at 6 foot, repping 225 14 times so im fairly strong just a little thick still, my goals for this cycle are to gain about 8-10 pounds of lean mass with some expected water weight, minimize any fat gains if possible (thus integrating cardio back into my plan) taking nolvadex daily..after PCT i want to do a serious cardio cut cown with a mild steroid such as anavar to preserve muscle in the process..my diet is not perfect due to excess supplemntation usage but ill give you an example this is what i ate today

meal 1 - 1 chicken breast and 2 wings with a half cup of oatmeal
    meal 2 - met-rx 100 bar 32g protein
    meal 3 - 3 turkey sausages and a 100 calorie pack of dorritos (sorry sorry, but im not gonna lie)
    meal 4 - two south beach bars 38g protein
    meal 5 - Whey shake 52g
    meal 6 - 30 grams of turkey on a 45 calorie piece of bread (1 slice/wheat)

clearly not perfect and i am open to suggestions, if you are to make a suggestion please be budget oriented if possible

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Why on earth would you stop doing cardio?

wingsta is offline Junior Member
    Hey Rockin,

I think people get the bad misconception that you shouldn't do cardio will trying to bulk up but i personally think that's crazy.

Firstly doing low intensity cardio should only strip your bf% and not muscle providing your diet is high in protein which should at least help a little with your bloating problem.

Secondly cardio makes you feel better and works your most important muscle your heart. Maybe just lower the cardio to 3 times a week low intensity 30-40 minutes.

If you search cycles on the education forums most of the guys would recommended to still do cardio

Thread Information