Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by aanold
    Check the website of the camera manufacturer to see if they have updated the software that came with the camera.

Are you low on diskspace?
    I'll be taking both of your suggestions to heart and practice when I get home, but I'm frustrated as hell because I just got the computer fairly recently (it's 80GB, so I hope diskspace isn't the issue) and the camera is brand new and ran me around 600 bucks, so I'll be royally pissed if it has something wrong with it. Hopefully I have good news.

aanold is offline Junior Member
    BigGreen,

Another good thing to do before reinstalling any software that you have to is to visit windows update (if you have Win XP the computer was probably updating itself periodically but still a good thing to check).

BigGreen,

Another good thing to do before reinstalling any software that you have to is to visit windows update (if you have Win XP the computer was probably updating itself periodically but still a good thing to check).
    that might be my problem...i get pissed off with windows always prompting me to update all the time, so I just ignore it and keep X'ing it out...kinda my own personal stand against microsoft.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    you can turn off automatic update by right click on my comp, properites, then AUTOMATIC UPDATE....
    bill goves you choices in the world he has created, so you believe you are standing up, when in all actuality you are another conformer..

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    you say you have 80 gig hd, then space surely isnt a problem.. i would suggest a new install...
    1st go to control panel remove program
    2nd go to run and type regedt32- go to system config and remove any lingering file types that have that software.
    then reboot and start over.
    of course this is assuming all your cables and connections are running right. ping them in comm prompt by typing ping 127.0.0.1 for network connectivity

END OF WEEK THREE

Start Weight: 241
    End of Week One: 250
    End of Week Two: 253
    End of Week Three: 256

First and foremost, I continue to feel terrible about not having pics up and running yet. The good news is that they've been taken and are saved....it's just a matter of getting them onto a computer. I'll be making a serious effort to work on whatever is preventing me from doing so asap.

Other than that, I'm getting a little impatient. Impatient for the eq hunger, impatient for the test "rush" and impatient for the big gains. In the grand scheme of things, however, I'm more than pleased with the results so far. Strength is climbing nicely in every department except the biceps (for whatever reason) and size, as you can see, is steadily coming on at a nice rate.

With regards to injections, either my body is used to the BA or I've gotten better at the process (probably both) but I don't have that debilitating soreness like I used to the first three injections or so. That was a VERY welcome change. I'm cutting the update here, as I want to keep things short till I deliver on the pics. Oh, one more thing, I'm going for broke on diet and just eating like a pig (clean though) in hopes of making the best gains possible...i'll post a sample diet soon for suggestions and critique.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    i refuse to comment further on this thread without pics

Originally posted by majorpecs
    i refuse to comment further on this thread without pics
    Happy Now?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You think you know, but you have NO idea (blatant MTV diary ripoff)-me.jpg  

Big Presser is offline Junior Member
    very funny bg... dog it sounds like you're doing great. I wish we could get some beginning and now pics. Oh well. Has it been necessary for you to start nolva yet? I'm just curious.

BIG PRESSER

I had my first really bad day today insofar as AAS is concerned. The first I'll chalk up to experience and let you all learn from. Something to never, EVER do while on dbol : German Volume Training for quads with squats as your exercise of choice. I had to quit and move over to leg presses after four sets as I could hardly stand up as a result of the lower back "throbbings"! Only three sets into leg presses and the throbbing in my back went all the way up to my head and gave me the worst friggin headache i've EVER had...i'm not joking when I say that I thought I was gonna pass out.

Oh, and to top it all off, I got home to do my injection, hit a friggin nerve (and, oh yeah, it hurts...not horrible, but definitely not "just a sting") and rather than pull out and start over, just pushed through it...i was so f'ed up by the experience that I forgot to aspirate ! No light headedness, no rush, so I'm sure I didn't mainline, but what an end to a bad day.

GeauxTigersLSU is offline New Member
    I am enjoying this thread, going through some of the same stuff.

David B. is offline Member
    Originally posted by BigGreen

Happy Now?
    Lookin' lean, dude. You've got a good base to put on some serious mass.

--dave

Something to never, EVER do while on dbol: German Volume Training for quads with squats as your exercise of choice. I had to quit and move over to leg presses after four sets as I could hardly stand up as a result of the lower back "throbbings"!
    OUCH! I bet the drive home was fun, squirming in your seat all the way.

That d-bol lower back pain is the gift that keeps on giving, you'll be feeling that one for DAYS.

--dave

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by David B.

Lookin' lean, dude. You've got a good base to put on some serious mass.

--dave

Poppa Pump is offline New Member
    Where are the updates? This thread was so bitchin!

Originally posted by Poppa Pump
    Where are the updates? This thread was so bitchin!
    Sorry, two big factors:

1. Until I clear up the pic issue, I feel bad flooding the thread with anything other than the scheduled weekly updates.

2. My school is on the quarter system and we don't graduate until June, so I still have some end of the year odds and ends to clear up and solidify to insure that I graduate, not to mention job interviews....nothing major, but enough to have me running around in a manner that I'm finding it hard to devote deserving time to this thread. I'll give a good update later tonight and find some way to have those pics up ASAP so I can get this thing up to speed again. Thanks for keeping on me!

It seems fitting to give an update here, as tomorrow represents my final day of dbol - something which is at once a source of great trepidation and total elation. As to the former, dbol has treated me quite well in terms of strength gains, and there will certainly be some sense of fear on Tuesday morning that the strength gains will not only cease to continue, but may actually begin to regress. Insofar as the latter is concerned, looking back on my workout log shows that three workouts in the last four weeks have been cut short as a result of the intense lower back pain caused by dbol; this "inconvenience" will not be missed. Whether or not the strength dissipates, dips, or keeps climbing unfettered, I would like to address this over the next few weeks, as I'm sure many first-timers are more than a little nervous about taking out the one component of their first cycle they know for sure is working.

In honor of its departure, here is my tribute to dbol, OR, what it did for me (the good, the bad, the ugly)

The Good:
    *Four weeks ago I was leg pressing 18 plates for 6-8 reps (and, yes, my reps are deep...knees to armpits), while my last heavy session I was able to get 20 plates for 8 or 9 reps.
    *I began "pause reps" for bench when I began the cycle. My friend advocated it as a way to blast through a sticking point. The technique (it may also be called a JM Press?? or it is similar) involves taking a weight you normally do for ten reps or so, unracking it, and holding it a millimeter away from your chest, keeping the tension tight for a count of three full seconds before exploding up. Supposedly, upon doing this, you normally get half the reps the first time, and gradually work your way (over a few months) up to that same rep range. The first workout I got three, and only three! Last workout, I got ten...accomplishing in four weeks what it was expected would take months.
    *GVT saw great gains, as dbol increased my endurance in this regard most noticeably.

The Bad:
    *As already mentioned, lower back pumps wreaked havoc on my leg workouts.
    *I'm still unsure as to whether I can technically blame it on the dbol, but the drowsiness SUCKED!

The Ugly:
    *HEADACHES! Ouch, ouch, ouch! these were awful. On Holistic training days, where I'm all over the place and HR was elevated, they would come screaming back. There were more than a few workouts where I had to lay down on the floor for a few minutes just to insure i'd be walking out with all my senses.

Those are VERY brief summaries, but you get the idea, i'm sure. Till next time.....

In my opinion, after you've been off the d-bol for about a week, you'll need to back off the intensity of your workouts some. If you keep training as though you're expecting the same sort of progress you were making on d-bol, you'll be headed for overtraining.

--dave

END OF WEEK FOUR

Start Weight: 241
    End of Week One: 250
    End of Week Two: 253
    End of Week Three: 256
    Current Weight: 258

This will be brief, as I'll be back on tonight to post my pics...i was finally able to extract my pics from the OLD digital camera using the HP Vectra at work...yeah, old school. Until then, however, most of what I want to add has to do with what this next week will bring. While I am VERY confident in the legitimacy of the test and eq I have, now is where i find out F'UH SCHIZZLE if it's the real deal, as dbol and I have now parted ways (on fairly amicable terms, however). While I'm not particularly nervous about it being fake, the lack of any testicular atrophy thus far does have me a bit concerned.

Well, this keyboard is AWFUL...so I'm cutting it here and check it out tonight for the pics.

PRE PICTURE CAVEATS!!

YOU MUST READ THIS BEFORE VIEWING PICS!!

Okay, while I am aware that, by and large, our members here at AR feel no real desire to knock others in order to feel bigger or more muscular than they are, I do feel compelled to offer a few caveats not only against the possibility of such actions, however remote, but also just to give you a greater understanding of my goals as well.

*as i've mentioned many times in the past, i'll be the first to admit I don't necessarily look my weight. I quite possibly have the most dense bones in the world (I once took an aluminum bat to the ribs walking by an on-deck circle as a kid and didn't even crack one), and that contributes to what sounds like a big weight, but does not necessarily look like one (I weighed, I believe, 251 at the time of these pics). That being said, I can do without the, "my boy's 250 and he looks way bigger than you, man". Keep in mind i'm also 6'3" with some long ass arms (my wingspan is near 6'6" or 6'7").

*I'll be posting a pic of myself at a high school graduation pool party so that you can see just how far i have come...and to me, not to sound cliched or cheesy, but that is truly what matters - i have naturally added just a hair over 100 pounds to my frame as it was at that time, and hope to take it further with this cycle. Additionally, I'll be posting a pic from two summers ago and one from last summer, so that you can see the progress (or what i hope is apparent as progress).

*As per the previous, i'm well aware my bodyfat is a bit high (i'd go so far as to estimate it at 25%, but would appreciate more experienced guesses), but I've been eating like a horse in anticipation of this cycle (and while on) as I'm looking for as much size as I possibly can without getting too fat...guys who are 6'3" like myself will appreciate the fact that it takes that kind of fat gain in many instances to fill out a long bone structure, particulary one that was as long and narrow as mine (as you'll see).

*My acknowledged worst parts: ARMS!! As you'll see, they were tiny at HS graduation and are still fairly tiny. In addition, my lats are pretty poor.

*What I perceive to be my strong points: I've always felt, and been told, that my shoulder girdle is a strong point of mine. I've worked hard to bring out the traps and give the illusion of width. In some ways, this may contribute to the small look of my arms, and it is something I'm trying to balance out. Additionally,while my lats are a weak spot, i paradoxically believe that my back is a strong point. Perhaps my pics can convey what i mean by that more than I can.

*The weird area: my quads are my largest and strongest bodypart, though the pics do not really demonstrate that in the least. It may be due to two factors: 1. my inseam is a short 32" at 6'3", so they tend to look blocky and unsymmetrical (which they are to some extent) and 2. bodyfat tends to deposit there and stick there in an odd fashion...ie, if my body is at 10%, my quads will look like they're at 15%. Well, the pics'll be up as soon as I get home...HAPPY VIEWING!!

Originally posted by Big Presser
    Has it been necessary for you to start nolva yet? I'm just curious.

BIG PRESSER
    Sorry I missed this.....no, it hasn't been, and I've even dropped the liquidex down to .25mg/day with not even the slightest indication of gyno...and I'm pleased with that, to say the least.

KICKIN IT OFF WITH THE BABY PIC

Stumbled across this while looking for my pool party photo. It's me at six months old...was I destined for the weight room??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You think you know, but you have NO idea (blatant MTV diary ripoff)-baby.jpg  

ME IN HIGH SCHOOL

Okay, here I am at a high school graduation party...this should give you a decent idea of just how far I had to come to crack 200, let alone 250! I believe I was about 160 lbs in this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You think you know, but you have NO idea (blatant MTV diary ripoff)-pool.jpg  
    Last edited by BigGreen; 05-27-2003 at 07:40 PM.

ME TWO YEARS AGO

Me at a rocky, sandless beach in Maine...here I'd been training (though not seriously, as is evident) for over a year. I'd argue that there is considerable progress from the pool party, and maybe even the hint of a good foundation If memory serves, I was about 215-220 pounds in this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You think you know, but you have NO idea (blatant MTV diary ripoff)-maine.jpg  
    Last edited by BigGreen; 05-27-2003 at 07:41 PM.

ME LAST SUMMER

Finally, some muscle becomes apparent!!! If I'm not mistaken, I was around 212 in this pic. It was a botched attempt at dieting down after a nice bulking phase; as you can tell, I flattened out rather noticeably.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You think you know, but you have NO idea (blatant MTV diary ripoff)-somewhat-lean.jpg  
    Last edited by BigGreen; 05-27-2003 at 07:42 PM.

AN ATTEMPT AT BACK DOUBLE BI (2 Weeks Ago)

Not the best pic, as my posing sucks, and the quality matches, but I think you can start to get an idea of my assertion that my back is good while my lats are poor? In this pic, as with the rest, I'm at just about 250 even.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You think you know, but you have NO idea (blatant MTV diary ripoff)-back-double-bi.jpg  
    Last edited by BigGreen; 05-27-2003 at 07:48 PM.

TRYING TO SHOW THE UPPER BODY (2 Weeks Ago)

Again, i do have trouble with posing, and the poor quality of the camera boths masks some of my glaring weaknesses (doesn't reveal just how pasty and white I am) but simultaneously hides some of my strengths (I actually have pretty solid upper chest definition and even some vascularity that doesn't come out in these pics....I swear).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You think you know, but you have NO idea (blatant MTV diary ripoff)-pic3.jpg  

ARMS ARE MY WEAK SPOT

I mentioned it earlier, and it likely comes out in ALL the pics except the baby pic...but here's a close-up of what I believe to be my worst bodypart. In it, I think i see some hope that it can be overcome. Anyone else?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You think you know, but you have NO idea (blatant MTV diary ripoff)-right-bi-peaked-close.jpg  

AND FINALLY...THE WHEELS (Comparison Shot)

As mentioned earlier, though my quads have quickly become a VERY strong point, they tend to store fat. I've put this as a comparison shot just to show you the progress i made in this department before I even touched a syringe (and I believe I'm justifiably proud of the developments I made in this department). The pic on the left is from about 7-8 months ago...the pic on the right from two weeks ago. I largely credit the Westside routine as the catalyst behind what I perceive to be a pretty rapid change in quad size (I believe they're just under 28" now if not at that dead even).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You think you know, but you have NO idea (blatant MTV diary ripoff)-quad-comparison.jpg  

AND THE SUMMARY

and the final comparison to give you an idea of where I've come from and gone in the last two years. I'm fully aware that it is more than eclipsed by the accomplishments of many members on the board, but I'm very happy with what i was able to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails You think you know, but you have NO idea (blatant MTV diary ripoff)-last-comparison.jpg  

Re: PRE PICTURE CAVEATS!!

*As per the previous, i'm well aware my bodyfat is a bit high (i'd go so far as to estimate it at 25%, but would appreciate more experienced guesses
    Nowhere near 25%. No more than 18% max, maybe less.

--dave

Blog Entries
    Finally BigGreen I can once again post on your thread.....nice job on all the pics showing us your progress so far. Let me be one of the first to say that you've made GREAT natty progress and that I think after this cycle your pics are going to blow people away. Stay Swole!!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Hellacious natural gains brother....I can't wait to see the gains that will be accomplished with AS!!! I to will be posting pics next week or so, in which all you guys will come to find out I'm really a 5 ft. 110 lb, frail little man. Good job BG and keep up the progress bro.

.................... oh by the way..... I didn't forget all the little people.

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    bro if i was guessing id say more like 15%. and i do feel you im 6-3 about 245-250 and i look alot smaller at least in my eyes. i went from 185 at graduation to where i am now so to me its a big change. you have a good build and have potential to get to 270+ which is about where i want to be and i can do it no problem my long term goal is 255-260 at 7-8%
    JLI

aanold is offline Junior Member
    BG,

I just wanna give you props on the transformation you've made in two years. Those comparison pics are really incredible. After seeing your quad progress pics I'm planning on looking into the Westside routine.

I have one question regarding the Liquidex:

You said you didn't have it until week 4 (I think). Did you notice a huge change in water bloat when you started it and were there any changes when you dropped it down to .25 mg/d? ...and what made you drop the mg?

BG,

I have one question regarding the Liquidex:

You said you didn't have it until week 4 (I think). Did you notice a huge change in water bloat when you started it and were there any changes when you dropped it down to .25 mg/d? ...and what made you drop the mg?
    I think I mentioned how quickly the dbol initially dumped the water on me. Within five days of beginning it, while no one made any comments about appearance, my face (particularly the cheeks and directly under the eyes) felt extremely puffy. There was some additional blurred definition in the midsection and chest, but that was probably more a result of my rapid increase in calories intentionally undertaken to give me a natural boost at the onset of the cycle.

I started at .4-.5mg and within three or four days, that watery feeling in my face was gone. Based simply on the fact that I don't want any more chemicals in my body than are necessary, i decided to see what would happen if I popped it down to .25mg, and so far so good. As the test seems to be kicking in a little harder now, i may have to up it a bit if the situation dictates, but I feel confident that i'll be okay at .25mg.

no way in hell you're 25%... maybe 15. bro you're looking huge. Great natural improvements. Biceps are not a weekpoint you really dont have a weakpoint I can see. Lookin swole!

Great job.

BIG PRESSER

dude BG... it's real wierd bro, but I checked your pics again... you're built very similar to me... and I mean VERY similar. Big chest, relatively small arms in comparison to the chest (even though I still don't believe you have a definate weakpoint)... shoulders are built almost identically. I'll have to get up my pics sooner so I can show you what I'm talking about!!!
    I'm JUST like you, only 9 inches shorter and 95 pounds less!

BIG PRESSER

To all: thanks for the encouraging feeback on the pics...my hat comes off to all who have the guts to post them; I imagine it will always be tough to do. Biceps and lats continue to be a big focal point of mine, and i hope that the diligence shows in seven or eight weeks when I post pics at the end of the bulking phase. From there, I go into a cutting phase of sorts and will post pics at the end of that portion as well. Additionally, I'll no doubt have a better cam by then, so you should have a much better idea of my strong points and my weak points.

The Whole "Too Good to be True Concerns..."

I just wanted to make a quick update with regards to my luck insofar as sides are concerned. At present, there has been virtually nothing in the way of negative sides. I was concerned that eq and test might cause some hairs to fall out....not a thing so far. I was afraid of gyno...again, nothing. I'm fairly pale so acne looks pretty bad on me...but not a thing out of the usual.

Aside from the dbol headaches off the bat (that occassionally returned) and some recent nightsweats, there have really been NO negative sides. Now, I know i'm only in the beginning of week five here, so I half feel like I'm out of the woods with regards to these sides but half feel as though i'm tempting the AAS gods with this post. In fact, if I weren't making very steady strength and weight gains, the lack of any sides might lead me to believe the stuff was fake; so either I'm experiencing the single greatest placebo effect of ALL TIME, or I'm very fortunate. I'd like to believe the latter.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information