Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: ThisGirl's Anavar Log

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmybody
    Yup, still hero! Maybe I should try this thing called stretching...really bad about that!
    Ditto

bina is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Ditto
    It makes a world of difference. Stretching was one of the main things I did when I injured my lower back alright at the beginning of my cycle. It helps with flexibility and will deepen your squat

thisgirllifts is offline Female Member
    stretching regularly has definitely saved me from a lot of recurring issues I'd been having with muscle tension

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by thisgirllifts View Post
    So I'm finally home after lifting, Spent the 4 hours after the gym at the mechanic and then quoting car parts. Not fun. so I was hungry and irritable. But now that I've eaten I am finally able to post about today's lifts

My squats are feeling a little better now that I've gotten suggestions on some more stretches for my tight left hip flexor. But it's still an issue I've got to work on daily. Plus I got some new shoes. Since when did chuck taylor's get so damn expensive?!

Squats
    3 sets of 6 - 145
    worked up to some singles of 185 after my working sets

Sumo Deadlift
    2 sets of 6 - 190
    1 set of 3 - 205
    worked up to 2 singles of 250
    (I take a good few minutes to break between each set because they're each so demanding)

And that's all I lift for leg day!

and believe me, that's enough for me to need a nap lol. I finish with 20 minutes on treadmill then another 15 minutes at least to stretch. Taking that long to stretch has made a difference in flexibility (obviously) but it's also helped my muscles grow. Since I started making myself take the time to stretch I've been able to lift heavier and I've ripped through 2 pairs of jeans...That speaks for itself lol

My weight was at 159.4 when I woke up this morning. I'm losing a little more fat, but I would more likely guess that my water weight is fluctuating.
    Take a look at the rumble roller and do some rolling of the hip flexor's, IT bands, abductors and glutes this will help a great deal with flexibility when squatting and you'll be able to get in a better position to produce more power in the seat. Its rather a painful roller but it really digs deep into your muscle and its done wonders for me regarding power, strength and flexibility
    NACH3 and RaginCajun like this.

Nach suggested the same, so I am gonna look at getting one of these rumble rollers. My squats have gone down so much and I would definitely say that its related to flexibility. Who knew having a desk job would make everything so difficult

I am going to have to make the investment as well. I think their are full size and half size. Anyone have a recommendation on roller length - short or long?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    So I'm finally home after lifting, Spent the 4 hours after the gym at the mechanic and then quoting car parts. Not fun. so I was hungry and irritable. But now that I've eaten I am finally able to post about today's lifts

My squats are feeling a little better now that I've gotten suggestions on some more stretches for my tight left hip flexor. But it's still an issue I've got to work on daily. Plus I got some new shoes. Since when did chuck taylor's get so damn expensive?!

Squats
    3 sets of 6 - 145
    worked up to some singles of 185 after my working sets

Sumo Deadlift
    2 sets of 6 - 190
    1 set of 3 - 205
    worked up to 2 singles of 250
    (I take a good few minutes to break between each set because they're each so demanding)

And that's all I lift for leg day!

and believe me, that's enough for me to need a nap lol. I finish with 20 minutes on treadmill then another 15 minutes at least to stretch. Taking that long to stretch has made a difference in flexibility (obviously) but it's also helped my muscles grow. Since I started making myself take the time to stretch I've been able to lift heavier and I've ripped through 2 pairs of jeans...That speaks for itself lol

My weight was at 159.4 when I woke up this morning. I'm losing a little more fat, but I would more likely guess that my water weight is fluctuating.
    Awesome lifts!

I Ned to work on stretching more after as well(I know it'll help stretch the muscle to grow(as you mentioned)...

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I am going to have to make the investment as well. I think their are full size and half size. Anyone have a recommendation on roller length - short or long?
    For me the firmest - but you've got to relax and let the roller/& spikes dig in

The smaller one will do

I know this is not a source board
    Looks like the black firm compact roller is preferred, for an example.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rumble-roller

Wow you're awesome, thank you! Deciding whether to get blue or black just cuz I haven't used one before. But I'd sat type right in saying that black may be preferred

Say* you're*
    RaginCajun likes this.

itsmybody is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Recommendation Don't do it...it will make you cry and whimper and sweat more than lifting! Decided to stretch and roll today since y'all made me feel so guilty. Instantly remembered exactly why it might be worse than being locked in a room with eyelids stapled open and being forced to watch a teletubby marathon for 3 straight days without food. Yes it's great for us but you would think I was giving birth to a full grown whale it hurt so bad...only reminding me once again why it should be done more often. Thank you so much for the pleasurable experience...what's your address so I can send you a gift basket full of chocolate...just kidding. Seriously though thank you for the reminder to put this back in to the routine.
    NACH3 and RaginCajun like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmybody View Post
    Recommendation Don't do it...it will make you cry and whimper and sweat more than lifting! Decided to stretch and roll today since y'all made me feel so guilty. Instantly remembered exactly why it might be worse than being locked in a room with eyelids stapled open and being forced to watch a teletubby marathon for 3 straight days without food. Yes it's great for us but you would think I was giving birth to a full grown whale it hurt so bad...only reminding me once again why it should be done more often. Thank you so much for the pleasurable experience...what's your address so I can send you a gift basket full of chocolate...just kidding. Seriously though thank you for the reminder to put this back in to the routine.
    Yes they can hurt(all depends how tight one is, and also) the main point to focus on is relaxing and letting it work! I had difficulties in beginning - I would actually lock up b/c I wasn't relaxed making the whole process worse than it was...

Don't quit on it - obviously you may need one that wasn't soo stiff... I like the pain b/c I know it's going to help(but when you start to get used to it it's not so bad - actually refreshing) you seem very tight like myself - I use a lacrosse ball on my back and rear delts(and that's painful - also need a total reverse joint replacement)...

It can't be worse than Birth c-mon lol - just try one not as firm(like the white foam roller(but w/the spikes)

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i still need to get one of those rumble rollers. i have been using a lacrosse ball, hurts like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Yes they can hurt(all depends how tight one is, and also) the main point to focus on is relaxing and letting it work! I had difficulties in beginning - I would actually lock up b/c I wasn't relaxed making the whole process worse than it was... Don't quit on it - obviously you may need one that wasn't soo stiff... I like the pain b/c I know it's going to help(but when you start to get used to it it's not so bad - actually refreshing) you seem very tight like myself - I use a lacrosse ball on my back and rear delts(and that's painful - also need a total reverse joint replacement)... It can't be worse than Birth c-mon lol - just try one not as firm(like the white foam roller(but w/the spikes)
    It's called heavy breathing/hyperventilation!!!!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    It's called heavy breathing/hyperventilation!!!!
    Are you referring to the giving birth line? It was a joke... Lamaze class lol
    Last edited by NACH3; 06-17-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Are you referring to the giving birth line? It was a joke... Lamaze class lol
    Noooooo. I haven't ever been preggies and lost my girl parts so no kiddos for me!!!

I was referring to my reaction when I dig into my extremely tight muscles. I wince.

I also use lacrosse balls for my back. That is not painful. Deep tissue massage on IT bands. when I read that Marcus was in pain rolling on this contraption I know it's gonna hurt!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Noooooo. I haven't ever been preggies and lost my girl parts so no kiddos for me!!!

I was referring to my reaction when I dig into my extremely tight muscles. I wince.

I also use lacrosse balls for my back. That is not painful. Deep tissue massage on IT bands. when I read that Marcus was in pain rolling on this contraption I know it's gonna hurt!
    I Wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone

I was actually licking up b4 I realized to relax - it definitely can be very painful - especially at first... When your body is already screaming - and sooo tight... I'm to tight myself(gotta make DTM wkly) IT Bands and my ass will tighten until the muscle actually relaxes(from re-flexing)

I definitely plan on investing in a rumble roller soon! Once I get through these car repairs lol.

Today was my heavy push pull day

Bench Press
    3 sets of 6 - 115lbs
    3 singles of 125
    4 singles of 135
    I sat up with a few friends watching my set. Apparently NO girls here bench lol

Dumbell Rows
    3 sets of 6 - 60lbs

Seated Military Press
    3 sets of 10 - 65lbs

Lat Pull Down
    3 sets of 10

Cable tricep pushdown
    3 sets of 10

Cable curls
    3 sets of 10

20 minutes treadmill

Definitely seeing some growth in my back, I'm definitely loving it. My chest is getting bigger too across to the front of my delts. Got a compliment on that today My weight was floating around 158lbs this morning so not bad
    NACH3 and marcus300 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thisgirllifts
    I definitely plan on investing in a rumble roller soon! Once I get through these car repairs lol. Today was my heavy push pull day Bench Press 3 sets of 6 - 115lbs 3 singles of 125 4 singles of 135 I sat up with a few friends watching my set. Apparently NO girls here bench lol Dumbell Rows 3 sets of 6 - 60lbs Seated Military Press 3 sets of 10 - 65lbs Lat Pull Down 3 sets of 10 Cable tricep pushdown 3 sets of 10 Cable curls 3 sets of 10 20 minutes treadmill Definitely seeing some growth in my back, I'm definitely loving it. My chest is getting bigger too across to the front of my delts. Got a compliment on that today My weight was floating around 158lbs this morning so not bad
    I am stealing this workout for myself!

I am stealing this workout for myself!
    Haha go for it!

The heavy singles aren't part of the program, but I do them to push some lifts. If you wanted more detail on any of the workouts just look up candito linear program and I'm sure there's a version to download somewhere

I wanna come over...then there can be two of us!
    thisgirllifts likes this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I'm undecided on big goals as of now. However, I think down the road I'd like to shoot for competing in a powerlifting meet. I'm definitely wanting to gain strength from this cycle. And I'm really liking anavar so far I think that having heavy lifts is what's gonna make the most of it.

As for future future cycles, I think I'd use anavar again to maintain what I gain here and make some more steady gains. Learning more from everyone here is whats gonna help me make informed decisions

The crazy thing is that one goal of being able to bench 135 is what's pushed me every day for the past 3 years. I'm gonna need a new goal lol

Fair enough, set goals and meet em'

Straight up, something about a female being able to bench 135+. I only seen it once in person at my local LA fitness - After that most I have seen is like 95 - maybe 110 or somethin'

Shit, I started with 135 a decade ago

Good for you!

Yeah! haha I appreciate the fact that I can be part of the few ladies benching 135. I'll be happy once I am repping that much!
    I'm still debating on goals. I wanna see what weight I can gain, maintain or lose with this cycle. For instance, if I tighten my diet up a little and work with a slight caloric deficit I could probably trim down a bit. But I'd want to see what kind of muscle I can maintain.

While I'm living in sin city I might be interested in trying to get a serving job for which I'd actually want to put in the effort to lean out a bit. I'd still want to gain strength and continue my efforts lifting, but I'd not be trying to bulk.

Still deciding. But I can say that just by lifting I'd have a more unique look to bring to the table
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

Blog Entries
    I don't think there's a way I can maintain sanity living in Vegas unless I was occupied with intense work or something.

For most it takes a while to figure out exactly what we want out of ourselves.

I just didn't wanna be average any more. Who wakes up & says I just want a average day. Not me at least.
    thisgirllifts likes this.

Here's a bonus of a food and bev job...either serving or bartending...for me anyway if my nutrition is on point there is not an ounce of cardio that I have to do...seems the job takes care of that. Heck you probably would have to eat MORE! Hell yeah, who doesn't love more food.
    NACH3, thisgirllifts and tarmyg like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I don't think there's a way I can maintain sanity living in Vegas unless I was occupied with intense work or something.

For most it takes a while to figure out exactly what we want out of ourselves.

I just didn't wanna be average any more. Who wakes up & says I just want a average day. Not me at least.
    Exactly! Avg attracts avg(line from a video)!! Fvk avg, I sure don't want to be...

Exactly! Avg attracts avg(line from a video)!! Fvk avg, I sure don't want to be...
    IMO...@thisgirllifts has already surpassed average and graduated to extraordinary...benching 135...ahhhh one day me too.

Thanks for the compliments and support ladies and gents!
    I've been MIA a bit. working in the Vegas industry on holiday weekends (like EDC unfortunately) makes it really tough to make it to the gym consistently. So I was away from the gym for 4 days and it killed! I was worried that I was losing strength because I managed to lose a few pounds from having irregular water intake and an erratic eating schedule. But I hit the gym yesterday and was able to push my squat 10lbs, get my Sumo Squat working weight up to a solid 200lbs for 2 sets of 6. I didn't have energy for heavy singles, but was really happy with the fact that I managed to gain strength through a pretty severe caloric deficit and not lifting over the weekend.

Today was a little haphazard too, but I can happily report that I was able to maintain my working bench at 115lbs and managed to do 2 solid singles of 135 without a spot (dream come true!!) I'll get back to posting regularly now that my daily routine has settled. Tomorrow is my rest day so I'm gonna take advantage.

btw I posted about considering the possibilities of leaning out specifically so I could try for a cocktailing job. I think I'd rather keep doing what I'm doing with lifting heavy and watching my portions and macros so I can continue to make as many strength gains as I can. If I lean out to the degree that I was looking for as a happy side effect, then awesome! but I don't want to lose out on getting all I can out of this cycle and lifting heavy (which I love). As I was thinking about this I read a post from an athlete on IG that I follow named @stephie_squats. I like her because she has a really great perspective on dieting and lifting that I don't often see on the average "fitness" pages on IG. She's more akin to the stuff I see on here in regards to her workouts. But anyway, I just wanted to post what she said because it totally helped me put my own fitness goals into perspective!

@stephie_squats

When my focus is more on strength, health and overall well being and less on the scale, body composition and being neurotic to achieve physique goals ASAP...the side effects are quite rewarding.

Majority of times obsessing over belly fat, the scale dropping, being 'skinnier', getting abs, etc actually steer us away from those goals. We sabotage ourselves because the pressure we put ourselves under.

- GAL -->

Blog Entries
    135 x2 is still so beast mode - way cool

Oh man, not EDC - shit, I'd lose like 10 pounds if I went this year. . . But, working there just can't be my kinda fun.

Scale - well, it can be our worst enemy or our best motivation. I haven't seen the scale move in almost a year. Yet, I am leaner - which means, I am recomping very very slowly

Just how it is, just tough to put all of this shit into perspective and not psyche yourself out in the process.

Awesome work - still don't know how you do it! Keep at it

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Awesome progress w/your lifts and drive! Obviously your body is maintaining it's strength(plus) which is great on a caloric deficit - very hard to do!

Have to agree w/Samson on the scale... Imo, It's truly a love hate relationship, b/c I want to see if I'm gaining(weight but not fat) etc, mirror I like, if in the same stance(position) angle, lighting etc will give you the best gauge! I just can't stop weighing myself lol(it's going up very slowly) lol

Glad your back on track(always something when on cycle)

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    IMO...@thisgirllifts has already surpassed average and graduated to extraordinary...benching 135...ahhhh one day me too.
    That's was my point, no one(you/me, TGL, GGR, etc) wants to be avg, I think a lot of us feel avg(but are beyond) I just don't see it in myself yet.... Others I see it all the time...

And I agree, I think TGL is far from avg(way above)

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Average in today's society is fat and lazy, none of us here are average in that regard. I like Nach don't see myself the way others do, but when I see myself in a mirror beside someone, it is quite evident I am far from average. All we can do is crush our workouts and try to be dedicated in and out of the gym, the goals will come.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

That's was my point, no one(you/me, TGL, GGR, etc) wants to be avg, I think a lot of us feel avg(but are beyond) I just don't see it in myself yet.... Others I see it all the time...

And I agree, I think TGL is far from avg(way above)
    Aw shucks, I like you guys too
    NACH3 likes this.

I def don't see it in myself a lot of times cause I'm still new but then at other times I see all the glares and stares which means I'm doing something right and swear it's a motivator to push harder and keep going cause skinny/fat sucks, SOLID IS SEXY!
    marcus300 likes this.

I def don't see it in myself a lot of times cause I'm still new but then at other times I see all the glares and stares which means I'm doing something right and swear it's a motivator to push harder and keep going cause skinny/fat sucks, SOLID IS SEXY!
    Being extraordinary is incredibly rewarding and I completely agree, solid is sexy!! Weighing in at 158 is my badge of honor :P
    NACH3 likes this.

Never give up! It took 3 years from the time I committed to wanting to bench 135 to the day I could actually do it. I literally started with 70lbs!! You can do anything you put your mind to. Plus, lifting with the guys always pushed me to wanna get stronger to keep up
    marcus300 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information