Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    That said, she has a good genetic structure and most of she seems motivated to improve!

Workout Barbie is offline Admin's Bitch ;-)

Talking

THank you!

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    That said, she has a good genetic structure and most of she seems motivated to improve!

Wink

Oh wow I guess they miscalculated because I'm not anywhere close to looking like that...but soon!

For reference here is what 16% looks like.

Stick to skin fold or hydrostatic testing. If you have a skin fold done be sure they do at least 7 and preferably 9 sites on the pinches. Chest/Sub Scap/Bi/Tri/Kidney/Suprailliac/Ab/Quads/Calves is a good 9 point. Too many people do a 3 point (usually all upper body) and it does not give you accurate results. Especially on females who tend to carry more fat downstairs. 18% will look very sloppy on a man but a woman at 18% will look very fit.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    You have a good base to start with.....I think you'll do well....keep motivated!!

I actualy showed my trainer this pic and I didn't understand her completely I was closer to 19-20% body fat.

wB

For reference here is what 16% looks like.

What did she do to calculate it? If it was a skinfold what areas did she pinch?

manwitplans is offline Senior Member
    What? is that 16%? Sounds wrong to me :P

Towel is offline Associate Member
    hehe she uses a lot of funny smilies. I like that
    goodluck

@FireGuy
    if thats 16% i will eat my shoes allive.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Towel View Post
    goodluck

@FireGuy
    i'd start eating then, you have to remember that women carry about 5-6% more bf on average than we do, so 16% on them is like 10% on us

RAILroad is offline Junior Member
    ive been following your log just havent posted yet...! how is the progress comin? like everyone else said--you look very good for starting out. im sure you will be above you expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Towel View Post
    goodluck

@FireGuy
    Hope you like leather cause I did the 9 point body comp on her myself. Most figure women go in around 12-14% these days, trust me I have comped several at all stages of dieting. A woman at 18% will look like she is in very good shape while a man at 18% will look sloppy.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    hows the training going WB?

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Hope you like leather cause I did the 9 point body comp on her myself. Most figure women go in around 12-14% these days, trust me I have comped several at all stages of dieting. A woman at 18% will look like she is in very good shape while a man at 18% will look sloppy.
    I'd put her at around 19-20%, but regardless, at 31 years of age and not having a strong workout program already in place, she looks great. As you get started you are gonna feel beat the hell up, but as time goes on and your program progresses, you are going to start to see and feel the fruits of your labor!! You just have to hang in there and start practicing diet discipline, which tends to be the piece of the pie that people fail at.

One thing my wife does, which has always worked well for her, is to keep some protein (she prefers the BSN Dessert protein) already mixed and ready to go so when she gets that "craving" for something bad, she can suck down a serving and that and get her blood sugar and insulin levels are in place to help stave off that craving for something BAD! It also helps her keep up her protein intake as well so it's a win/win for her. Come up with your own plan on how to beat the, " I want a large pizza" syndrome when it's 11:30 p.m.

Anyway, you look great, keep at it. You have a gorgeous face and I don't tend to tell women that too easily. I hope that doesn't make me sound like an ass, I just know what looks good and what doesn't- it's my job!!! I'd love to see your 3 months in pictures so use that as some motivation. If not, we are all going to send you endless pm's, regardless of who you are dating!!!

Good luck!

Doc M

Talking

Thank you everyone for your messages....I am already seeing some results which is AWESOME!!!! They are small changes but I notice them. I have been working out for two weeks 5x a week. Unfortunately I took off because of the holidays....I wasn't too bad on my eating though. It has really changed me already I actually look forward to my workouts...I'm starting up again tomorrow so there should be no more time off. Thank you for all your comments they really keep me pumped up! You guys ROCK!

Talking

You don't sound like an ass at all thank you for the compliment you are a sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M View Post
    I'd put her at around 19-20%, but regardless, at 31 years of age and not having a strong workout program already in place, she looks great. As you get started you are gonna feel beat the hell up, but as time goes on and your program progresses, you are going to start to see and feel the fruits of your labor!! You just have to hang in there and start practicing diet discipline, which tends to be the piece of the pie that people fail at.

One thing my wife does, which has always worked well for her, is to keep some protein (she prefers the BSN Dessert protein) already mixed and ready to go so when she gets that "craving" for something bad, she can suck down a serving and that and get her blood sugar and insulin levels are in place to help stave off that craving for something BAD! It also helps her keep up her protein intake as well so it's a win/win for her. Come up with your own plan on how to beat the, " I want a large pizza" syndrome when it's 11:30 p.m.

Anyway, you look great, keep at it. You have a gorgeous face and I don't tend to tell women that too easily. I hope that doesn't make me sound like an ass, I just know what looks good and what doesn't- it's my job!!! I'd love to see your 3 months in pictures so use that as some motivation. If not, we are all going to send you endless pm's, regardless of who you are dating!!!

Good luck!

Doc M

Good so far I feel guilty for taking off but I had to be with the family for xmas and it was crazy! You know how the holidays are!

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    hows the training going WB?

yeah it was a time for over indulging, time now to knuckle down and reach those small goals every week, and stay on top of that diet!
    Keep it up

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep up the great work Barbie, I'm sure that by summer of 2009 you will be breaking necks.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    fire guy that looks more like 10 ish or 9 ish... imho

motivation :
    *"the average person thinks he/she isnt" you are tell your self that, remember you were made perfect.
    *with your diet and you work outs "remember when you feel you have reached the end of your rope and your done or ready to quit, TIE A KNOT AND HOLD ON" when that happens to me i look for my lee Haney lifting straps lol.
    *"if you hope & follow your dreams and beliefs, your actions will follow, solid commitment too!! & u will find what is on the otherside of you hopes and dreams"

*****last one by lance armstrong -"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” i'll add a amen to that

one more thing: you hired a trainer... let me tell you what i really dislike - i see a "trainer" with a new "trainee" just starting up and doing kettle balls and weighted sticks or doing ever set on a ball or half of a ball ... please ... please grab some iron!!!! and pump it - make sure you give you work outs here and have some experts comment on what your doing to get to where you want to get... good luck and do an extra rep for all of us here

Aww thank you I am trying...you are sweet!

wB

Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    Keep up the great work Barbie, I'm sure that by summer of 2009 you will be breaking necks.

Wow thank you that was extremely motivating to me. My trainer makes me pump iron haha so that is a good thing! We have sat down and talked about my goals and she understands so I feel that she is really working me. Thank you for the encouragement it is soooo appreciated!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    fire guy that looks more like 10 ish or 9 ish... imho

motivation :
    *"the average person thinks he/she isnt" you are tell your self that, remember you were made perfect.
    *with your diet and you work outs "remember when you feel you have reached the end of your rope and your done or ready to quit, TIE A KNOT AND HOLD ON" when that happens to me i look for my lee Haney lifting straps lol.
    *"if you hope & follow your dreams and beliefs, your actions will follow, solid commitment too!! & u will find what is on the otherside of you hopes and dreams"

*****last one by lance armstrong -"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” i'll add a amen to that

one more thing: you hired a trainer... let me tell you what i really dislike - i see a "trainer" with a new "trainee" just starting up and doing kettle balls and weighted sticks or doing ever set on a ball or half of a ball ... please ... please grab some iron!!!! and pump it - make sure you give you work outs here and have some experts comment on what your doing to get to where you want to get... good luck and do an extra rep for all of us here

How's the training going? Keep up hard work!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I'm still curious to see the diet.

Anyway, keep up the hard work.

Big_gRunt is offline Associate Member
    Hey WB, I went to the beach the other day and I can tell you that you're in better shape than 98% of the women there already. You've got a great base!

Areas for development in my opinion would be glutes, quads, abs and lower back. Posture muscles of the back too. Your posture seems good in those photos, but a more pronounced posture will really set you off.

All the best in your training. I'm sure you're going to really enjoy the results.

dovedescent is offline Associate Member
    Well IMO i think your great the way you are! But thats just gay so anywho... you dont have much to do dear..im sure youll do great,and do it with relative ease....Good luck!

blimp is offline New Member
    very nice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information