Enz0 is offline New Member

Before and after pics

I signed up on this forum a few months ago, but haven't really posted much. I come here often to look at the input from other members. I'm 18 years old, been in teh gym for 6 months. All the working out has been natural, and I haven't followed any diet.

This is my pic when I was running track (130 lbs)

This is after being in the gym for 6 months. (160 lbs)

I'm going to start working more on my abs. Wondering if anyone can give me a structured ab work out. Feedback is appreciated.

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Lighting in the pics are different. It seems like you added good mass to your chest. What does your current workout routine look like?

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Also, the best way to expose abs is cardio and diet. I am just not motivated enough to see my abs

mon=chest, calves and abs
    tue=back and traps
    wed=shoulders and abs
    thurs=arms and forearms
    fri=legs and abs
    sat and sun rest

I tend to vary in sets and reps, i dont have a set routine for that.
    and btw, if u can see a have a ball in the middle between my first 2 abs. It's really hard, and i thought it was a muscle, but sum1 told me it wuz actually a ball of fat. is that true o_o?

Okinawa_Power is offline Senior Member
    You added some mass to your chest. Start hitting those inclines because all your mass is in your lower chest. Also you may want to hit traps with shoulders. Good Luck and keep at it.....Now go lift some ****ing weights.......

Quote Originally Posted by Enz0 View Post
    mon=chest, calves and abs
    tue=back and traps
    wed=shoulders and abs
    thurs=arms and forearms
    fri=legs and abs
    sat and sun rest

I tend to vary in sets and reps, i dont have a set routine for that.
    and btw, if u can see a have a ball in the middle between my first 2 abs. It's really hard, and i thought it was a muscle, but sum1 told me it wuz actually a ball of fat. is that true o_o?
    By the way tell that someone who told you that he/she is a moron. That is the muscle that covers your sternum and due to your genectics that is what you are going to have to deal with. It is not a ball of fat.......

wow man thx a lot for that. i knew that something was wrong about my chest i just couldnt figure out what. i just noticed that all my chest mass is at the bottom -_-! Is taht the reason why i can bench more weight when i hold teh bar closer, instead of a wider grip?

Quote Originally Posted by Enz0 View Post
    wow man thx a lot for that. i knew that something was wrong about my chest i just couldnt figure out what. i just noticed that all my chest mass is at the bottom -_-! Is taht the reason why i can bench more weight when i hold teh bar closer, instead of a wider grip?
    When you hold the bar closer you are using more triceps and front delts to lift the weight. Concentrate on either DB incline or BB Incline with Incline flys. This should equal out your chest. Start with Incline and then do one movement for all of your chest like DB Flat or BB Flat. Good Luck and keep lifting.....

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    You did a great job adding some quality mass with very little BF. You keep this up and you'll have the body most strive for and never achive

the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Just a suggestion, if you really want your abs to grow, dont train em anymore than twice a week. There just like other muscles, and need just as much time to recover.
    However, why not work lower abs one day, then upper on another day, and then finally do your whole abdominals on your last training day of the week.

I think these are some of the best all over ab builders; Hanging leg raises (wieghted or unwieghted), Weighted situps (on a decline bench), and also, wieghted twists whilst seated (on decline bench).

Body fat needs to be low to really see your abs, cardio and diet will do that as mentioned earlier by kuntry.
    Last edited by the big 1; 11-07-2009 at 08:21 AM.

thx ill follow both of those advices and post the results later.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    Just a suggestion, if you really want your abs to grow, dont train em anymore than twice a week. There just like other muscles, and need just as much time to recover.
    However, why not work lower abs one day, then upper on another day, and then finally do your whole abdominals on your last training day of the week..
    except for the fact that they are the fastest recovering muscle group in the human body.

you can definitely train abs more then 2x per week.

I do mine 4 times EW.

Monster87 is offline Member
    ^^^X2, I train em every other day and have no problems.
    Nice progress so far, you'll grow faster the first year in the gym than at any other time so enjoy it!

urbanbody is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian-Man View Post
    except for the fact that they are the fastest recovering muscle group in the human body.

you can definitely train abs more then 2x per week.

I do mine 4 times EW.
    Ya train abs more than 2 times a week. Shoot for 4 and see how they react!

It's been a week since i made this thread. I have worked out by abs for 3 sessions this week. Maybe ill shoot for 4 if they are really the fastest recovering muscles. In a month or so, ill take some pictures of any improvement!

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Just do abs every other day. twice a week is fine, especially if you are actually training them intensely

Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    However, why not work lower abs one day, then upper on another day, and then finally do your whole abdominals on your last training day of the week.

I think these are some of the best all over ab builders; Hanging leg raises (wieghted or unwieghted), Weighted situps (on a decline bench), and also, wieghted twists whilst seated (on decline bench).

Body fat needs to be low to really see your abs, cardio and diet will do that as mentioned earlier by kuntry.
    Big1 who the hell is that in your picture??? That dude is ****ing SICK!!!!! ****ing back from HELL!!!!!! ****ING AWESOME!!!!!

2 weeks have passed now. I havent noticed much difference on my chest, but eating healthier and following the abs advice i was given are starting to show some results. I'm almost down 5 pounds, from 160 - 155. In 2-3 more weeks ill post a new pic to show my progess so far. Oh and i hate running on the treadmill so i go run about 6-8 miles on my own bout 3 times a week( used to be a track runner). 6 miles take me about 45 minutes and 8 miles about an hour. Thx again for every1's help.

Enz0 I thought you were trying to add mass? Why are you losing weight? Start eating more......

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep working hard, don't forget those meals

Quote Originally Posted by Okinawa_Power View Post
    Enz0 I thought you were trying to add mass? Why are you losing weight? Start eating more......
    But I want my abs to show more especially the 2 bottom ones. So i thought dieting and doing cardio would help that out. Im probably just losing more calories than i'm taking in? Help me D:

Enz0,

Don't worry about seeing your abs yet!!! Worry about consuming lots of food!!! After you get to the weight you want to be then do a cut cycle and worry about seeing your abs. Eat clean though...I'm not telling you to go out and eat 3 gallons of ice cream everyday, I'm telling you to eat clean and consume 7 meals a day and lift heavy....This will get you on the right track.

Hey guys, a couple more days to complete a month. I have been following the advice, and also started doing less cardio as i was losing weight. Back around to 151, and as far as the chest advice goes, its been working out pretty good. Not only is the top part of my chest started to get more proportiate but i went from doin sets of 135(10 reps) to doin sets of 185(10 reps). And like okinawa said not to worry about seeing my abs atm, im trying to gain more again so then i could cut down and worry bout the abs.

Thread Information