Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Congrats on wanting to change your life brother.

Now, not to destroy you but 26% is far from right. I'd say you're close to 40%.

Diet is the most important thing here. Make sure you make one that you can stick to and is easy enough to deal with.

1 gallon of water a day is another important thing. Every bodily function including breaking fat down to provide energy needs water to happen. So make sure you stay hydrated.

Cardio is the other important thing. It will slim you down real fast.

Another thing, stay away from the scale. Please do not make the mistake of weighting yourself everyday because it will get discouraging real fast.

I say once a week maximum first thing in the morning before you eat.

Same with the pictures, don't look at them for too long cause you might discouraged yourself.

Good luck my friend and I'll see you in the diet section!

KnowHope is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357 View Post
    Congrats on wanting to change your life brother.

Now, not to destroy you but 26% is far from right. I'd say you're close to 40%.

Diet is the most important thing here. Make sure you make one that you can stick to and is easy enough to deal with.

1 gallon of water a day is another important thing. Every bodily function including breaking fat down to provide energy needs water to happen. So make sure you stay hydrated.

Cardio is the other important thing. It will slim you down real fast.

Another thing, stay away from the scale. Please do not make the mistake of weighting yourself everyday because it will get discouraging real fast.

I say once a week maximum first thing in the morning before you eat.

Same with the pictures, don't look at them for too long cause you might discouraged yourself.

Good luck my friend and I'll see you in the diet section!

Thanks Rex for the kind and inspirational words. Okay 40% I guess I can deal with that. I only go by this stupid scale [even though I know it's wrong, i probably lie to myself]

I only plan to weigh myself every week, and I definitely won't look at the pictures too long, those are great tips. I definitely love to know about nutrition and am taking more steps to understand exactly how things will effect my body and why/when I put them in my body. I also plan to stay waaay hydrated too.

I also plan on doing cardio everyday, plus I walk to and from Uni. 2-3x a days [minus Sat/Sun] so that will help too.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    bro i am so happy to hear you are changing your life! this is where you need to be! one piece of advice is take maybe 1 set of pictures a week instead of everyday, you see yourself everyday in the mirror and you will see better progress in the pics if you have them once a week. i agree with rex and stay away from the numbers! they will make u super paranoid! just go by the mirror and what it tells you. you will see better progress that way! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay in the game and do not give up! you will achieve your goal in less time than you think! best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by vishus View Post
    bro i am so happy to hear you are changing your life! this is where you need to be! one piece of advice is take maybe 1 set of pictures a week instead of everyday, you see yourself everyday in the mirror and you will see better progress in the pics if you have them once a week. i agree with rex and stay away from the numbers! they will make u super paranoid! just go by the mirror and what it tells you. you will see better progress that way! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay in the game and do not give up! you will achieve your goal in less time than you think! best of luck
    Thanks man, I appreciate your words. It is these types of posts with this type of support that will keep me motivated and get me through this in good spirits.

January 13 - End of Day 1

Just finished day 1. Kept on target with my diet. Ate everything I had planned and on time by taking meals to class and by spacing everything out accordingly.

Gym was great, and really refreshing. Doing some anatomical adaptation [high reps, low weight] for a few weeks to get myself back in the groove and will move on to hypertrophy later. I made sure I got my cardio in. I ran to the gym, and back, which is about 5km total. It was freezing! I live in Canada and it is really cold where I am now. I kept my rest intervals short to keep a good sweat up as well [bpm in fat burning zone according to my HR monitor]

So far, I am exhausted as my body seems to be in shock. I haven't been this tired in ages. This excites me, I can feel this will be a positive step in the right direction for my life. Changing just my diet and exercise regime will surely have a good impact on my sleep/school/study patterns as well. I look forward to keeping you guys informed and I look forward to Day 2.

- KnowHope

Quote Originally Posted by KnowHope View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate your words. It is these types of posts with this type of support that will keep me motivated and get me through this in good spirits.

January 13 - End of Day 1

Just finished day 1. Kept on target with my diet. Ate everything I had planned and on time by taking meals to class and by spacing everything out accordingly.

Gym was great, and really refreshing. Doing some anatomical adaptation [high reps, low weight] for a few weeks to get myself back in the groove and will move on to hypertrophy later. I made sure I got my cardio in. I ran to the gym, and back, which is about 5km total. It was freezing! I live in Canada and it is really cold where I am now. I kept my rest intervals short to keep a good sweat up as well [bpm in fat burning zone according to my HR monitor]

So far, I am exhausted as my body seems to be in shock. I haven't been this tired in ages. This excites me, I can feel this will be a positive step in the right direction for my life. Changing just my diet and exercise regime will surely have a good impact on my sleep/school/study patterns as well. I look forward to keeping you guys informed and I look forward to Day 2.

- KnowHope
    That sounds like a great day bro! Make sure if you mess up one day, don't let it get to you. You know it's like those people trying to quit smoking and as soon as they have one puff of a smoke they figure they f*ed up and have to start smoking again. Don't give up. If you fall, stand back up and keep going.

I'm looking forward to your progress pics.

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    good luck mate

i actualy about 5 years ago use to be 5'6 and 110kg, and could only bench 50kg lol

so i was super fat and no muscle mass

but i cut down, and have put on the muslce mass now

so im sure you can do it if i could

BEST OF LUCK and hope it goes well for you

i think to thing to remeber is be patient, and stick to it, the results come eventually, the first 4 weeks are always the hardest since u dont notice major results unitll the end of them

once u see results, the motivation will come easy

Kiki is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranging1 View Post
    good luck mate

i actualy about 5 years ago use to be 5'6 and 110kg, and could only bench 50kg lol

i think to thing to remeber is be patient, and stick to it, the results come eventually, the first 4 weeks are always the hardest since u dont notice major results unitll the end of them

I completely agree with ranging. At one point I was also very fat with no muscle mass. When you see results it will give you the motivation to continue.

The results however will not be seen unless you're following the right diet and doing enough cardio.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    id sex you if u were nicholas cage

That sounds like a great day bro! Make sure if you mess up one day, don't let it get to you. You know it's like those people trying to quit smoking and as soon as they have one puff of a smoke they figure they f*ed up and have to start smoking again. Don't give up. If you fall, stand back up and keep going.

I'm looking forward to your progress pics.
    Thanks man! I will definitely take that into consideration. As of right now I am so focused a falling out doesn't even seem possible, but I know with time, temptations will arise. I think the progress pics and weekly weigh-in will help subside these in the future. I plan to post a progress picture or two here every two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ranging1 View Post
    good luck mate

Jesus, that is impressive. I have something to strive for now. You are huge now. Definitely something I will keep in mind when I am working out. Other people achieving the same goals and who HAVE achieved the same goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    I completely agree with ranging. At one point I was also very fat with no muscle mass. When you see results it will give you the motivation to continue.

The results however will not be seen unless you're following the right diet and doing enough cardio.
    Definitely going to do an ample amount of cardio and diet properly. I am actually tweaking my diet a bit now so I have more solid food consumption, and less Whey powder [as I have 2-3 meals of just whey. I will have to give it a week or two so I can wait to get paid as I just had to pay for books at school, and that was a pretty penny out of pocket. Cardio is more important to me at the moment than weights, but regardless I won't let that be an excuse not to do my best to get to the gym and slam the weights around.

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    I would too.

January 14 - Day 2

Day 2 started off with a bang. After getting to bed at my earliest time in months [11 p.m. haha] I woke up around 8 and I was already feeling some muscle pain in my legs from running. I get terrible shin splints. Also, I I think I have a small cold coming on from that stupid run to the gym last night in the blistering cold. That was dumb of me. No more of that, I will just bus it to the gym and do cardio there instead. I just hate treadmills. Regardless, I didn't let it stop me. I went for a run this morning and felt great! I haven't done that in awhile, run in the morning that is.

Really gave me a zest for the day. I then went home and had my solid breakfast of 4 eggs whites, 1 whole egg, and bran cereal with all of my necessary vitamins. I have a busy day today and am at school, so far I am about to have meal #3 which is Chicken and split peas. I plan to head to the gym for weight training around 6-ish.
    Last edited by KnowHope; 01-14-2010 at 12:25 PM.

DeepDiver is offline Junior Member
    Keep it up, pain is good (sometimes) best of luck!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    tag team ?

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    tag team ?
    shotty anus

Hey Guys, didn't want to just flood this with updates, but I have been keeping a private journal and will just update here with some bulk.

January 15 - Day 3

My calf muscle in my left leg really hurt [I guess from getting back into running] so I just did light cardio at the gym and did a nice Chest/Tri routine today. Not getting as winded doing the sets which is a nice feeling as well, seeing as I used to be able to do that before. I am doing circuit workouts in a super set style. Diet was on point today. No hindrances as I only had one class today.

January 16 - Day 4

Today is my rest day. I know it comes soon as I just started but I want to keep it on a constant cycle. My gym closes really really early today so I thought it'd be the best option if I ever had other things to do and missed a workout for whatever reason. Diet was kept to the schedule, but at lunch I did have a cheat [accounted for however] which was a Diet Pepsi. Just a day of rest here as all of my roommates are going to the bars, I am just going to sit back and relax and watch some movies.

January 17 - Day 5

Feeling really relaxed from the rest day which is awesome. My calf seems to have gotten back into shape. Had some glutamine yesterday which I forgot to mention. I think that helped [along with the rest] heal it up a bit. Hit the gym this morning as I have some appointments later in the day. Ran to the gym and did Back/Bis w/ Abs Circuit routine high reps/70% 4sets/15reps of 4 different exercises for each group. Felt great after. Went to go see Book of Eli. No cheats [which is nice as I live for Movie Popcorn] BTW, the movie isn't that bad either. haha. Things are going well.

January 18 - Day 6

Lots of class today but I am managing my meals better around it. Bought some new Tupperware and made sure I have lots of water bottles. Cook my meals in the morning whilst making breakfast and showering and such then just put some labels on them for which meal is which. I started slowly incorporating more "real" meals into the diet so I am not just having protein. I have had to ask the rents for some more cash but they seem to be supportive, and are happy it isn't just going to booze and strippers anymore. Did a nice Leg workout today which I will definitely be feeling in the morning. I think my legs are feeling the lack of exercise the most at the moment. My friends seem to notice my new outlook towards eating and working out which is positive. I know from past experiences though, I can't let them bring me down.

I plan on weighing myself Wednesday morning [every week one time, this seems to workout better for me then every day. Seems more exciting] and I cannot wait for that to come. Take care guys.

JR G lady is offline Associate Member
    Good for you bro, Also happy to see you are making a change I just started too AGAIN. Im doing the keto diet. 2nd day into it.

HeavyL is offline Junior Member
    goood luck

Good job on keeping a log bro. That will definitely help you.

corsa5000 is offline Associate Member
    your on the right track

Thanks for all of the encouraging words, friends. I appreciate them and they are definitely helping. Thank you for the comments!

January 19 - Day 7

Today was a great day. I had a day off from class as I have a spare. I also have intramural dodgeball today haha. It actually provides more of a cardio session than you think. Played dodgeball for an hour, then decided to do 30 minutes of low-intensity cardio for 30 minutes after that. Hit the weights today as well, chest and tri's. I have to find a way to do the split without having myself fail on some exercises due to tri's. I guess I will do chest first then Tri's later on perhaps, or even switch them to a different day. Diet was really clean, a lot of temptations thoughas all of my friends went boozing after a dodgeball win. Great day overall! Weigh-in day tomorrow!

January 20 - Day 8

Just the morning so far, and all I have done is weigh-in. Got some very good news, and now I weigh 226 Lbs. That's almost a 4 lb loss! [I was actually 229.6 when I started, forget to put the decimal in OP] I am very pleased with the result! The hard work is paying off. I will update this later today with gym and cardio activity.
    Last edited by KnowHope; 01-26-2010 at 11:43 AM.

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Rock on brother - I was a fatty myself years ago and lost the fat - now packing on the poundage, but as muscle!
    KEEP GOING!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sorry i'm late to the party, but I agree with what the others above have suggested - do NOT take daily pictures! I wouldn't do more than once a week, and personally I only do once a month. That way you will see changes for sure.

Dude, you can do this - I finally got myself into a routine on 12/7/08 (I remember the date because it is of great importance to me) and have since lost 65lbs. and managed to put on a few lbs. of muscle. I was a lazy couch potato with ZERO motivation to even move - so if I can do this, you certainly can! Good luck my man, and keep us posted with your progress!

PS - I used to get those terrible shin splints too - it subsided after I dropped the weight, and I can run (almost) like a marathon runner now. Hope it works the same for you, it probably will. =)

stpete is offline Banned
    Keep up the good work man.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyB View Post
    Rock on brother - I was a fatty myself years ago and lost the fat - now packing on the poundage, but as muscle!
    KEEP GOING!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Sorry i'm late to the party, but I agree with what the others above have suggested - do NOT take daily pictures! I wouldn't do more than once a week, and personally I only do once a month. That way you will see changes for sure.

Dude, you can do this - I finally got myself into a routine on 12/7/08 (I remember the date because it is of great importance to me) and have since lost 65lbs. and managed to put on a few lbs. of muscle. I was a lazy couch potato with ZERO motivation to even move - so if I can do this, you certainly can! Good luck my man, and keep us posted with your progress!

PS - I used to get those terrible shin splints too - it subsided after I dropped the weight, and I can run (almost) like a marathon runner now. Hope it works the same for you, it probably will. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Keep up the good work man.
    This is just Great guys, thank you so much for all of the inspiration and motivation. It is really priceless, especially with all of the naysayers in my life that keep coming out of the woodwork saying things to the sound of I won't be able to do it. I appreciate it guys!

Moving on with the diary

January 21 - Day 9

My rest day. No workout or cardio at all. Just kept the diet very clean and did my school work instead. Wednesdays are one of my most busiest days [hence why I have put it as a rest]. Preparing to get back into it tomorrow.

January 22 - Day 10

Man, I am REALLY sore from my Chest/Tri workout on Tuesday. So sore, I didn't want to hurt anything, so I didn't do my scheduled Shoulder/Trap/Core workout today. I did do my cardio, but my muscles were just way too sore. I will Spread my exercises from the ,missed to day throughout my new workout sessions so I am not neglecting, then I will just get back on the horse tomorrow. ALSO, I should note I place an order for AR-R clen today. I have done some extensive research on it, and ordered it because at this time I just happened to have the funds. I don't plan on using it until after a month of dieting to see where I am at, but even then I doubt I will use it for awhile. I only bought it because I happened to have money which is usually a scarcity for me haha.
    Last edited by KnowHope; 01-26-2010 at 11:43 AM.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Hey man.....well done for decideing to change you're life.....it will be a hard road sometimes but just keep you're head up and never stop trying!....you seem to have an upbeat attitude and this will help you greatly!....good luck mate....

Thanks energizer! I appreciate that. yes, I indeed do have a positive outlook towards it. If you even have the slightest negative conotation towards it, you have already set yourself up for failure. I believe, anyway.

January 23 - Day 11

Had breakfast which consisted of Egg whites, bran flakes, and a splash of 1% milk. Going to be going to class soon and will be hitting the gym later. Didn't do cadio this morning as it was phucking freezing out there, but will make sure I get it in at the gym. Did massive amount of cardio keeping my HR in check. Ran to and from the gym, and did 10 minutes worth of rowing too. I did a great Shoulder/Ab/Core workout today which is really leaving me haggard at the time of writing. Something interesting happened to me tonight. As I was running home, some douchebags in a car [prob frat boys] called me Stay Puft Man from Ghostbusters because I was wearing a white sweatshirt. I know, I know, pretty decent burn, even I admit. Although, it left me more motivated on the run home to get in better shape, and also gave me inspiration to think of helping others when I finally reach my goals.
    Last edited by KnowHope; 01-26-2010 at 11:44 AM.

January 24 - Day 12
    Stayed clean today guys. No gym because it was closed [school gyms, eck!] but got my cardio in. Stuck to my diet nicely. Nothing major to report today. Just took it easy.

January 25 - Day 13

Really dropped the ball today guys. At noon my friends and I went for all you can eat sushi, as my treat. I planned to keep it moderate, with only really consuming Sashimi with a diet pop and limited soy sauce. Unfortunately, it got out of control and I had way too much. Got so full couldn't eat for the rest of the day. Feel really bloated. Have to get back on my horse. And I will.
    Last edited by KnowHope; 01-26-2010 at 11:44 AM.

aussiecol is offline Junior Member
    Awesome job so far mate. Short term goals lead to long term results.
    As a trainer, the one piece of advice I give to my clients who are new to running or any cardio involving any impact is to make sure you wear the correct footwear.
    Get fitted for the correct shoes. Go to a pro, not your shmo at the cheapy store.
    Pay $$ for good footwear. It is key...

Mr. Xrcise is offline New Member
    Best of luck to you in your journey brother! Stay motivated and don't give up. I look forward to seeing your progress!!

Quote Originally Posted by aussiecol View Post
    Awesome job so far mate. Short term goals lead to long term results.
    As a trainer, the one piece of advice I give to my clients who are new to running or any cardio involving any impact is to make sure you wear the correct footwear.
    Get fitted for the correct shoes. Go to a pro, not your shmo at the cheapy store.
    Pay $$ for good footwear. It is key...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Xrcise View Post
    Best of luck to you in your journey brother! Stay motivated and don't give up. I look forward to seeing your progress!!
    Thanks guys! Yeah I have definitely been looking into some new shoes. I think I am going to get some under armour ones. I have had my feet checked out by an orthopedist. My dad has bad feet and I inherited them, so I already have special insoles for my shoes.

I plan on posting my two week progress pics tomorrow along with my weekly weigh-in, so look forward to that, anyone who is interested and still following, that is hahaha.

January 26 - Day 14

Went for a run this morning to get the heart rate going. It was cold so only did about 15 minutes, but it was enough to get a good sweat going, and the metabolism roaring. Great diet day and workout day today. Hot off the heels of my cheat day, I found myself not wanting to slip so I really focused on my diet. Hit the gym for 2 hours running there and back with about 1 1/2 worth of circuit weight lifting. Some of that mind you, was waiting for some weights, but still I feel exhausted. I plan on getting up early tomorrow and going for a run. Went grocery shopping yesterday and picked up some new foods for the diet, excited to try them out.

A question to all the cardio buffs: Is it a) better to do cardio before or after weight training? [I have read that most say before, which I do] and b) is it alright to do cardio after weight training if you consumer your PWO after you lift weights? The reason I ask is that my gym is on campus which is about 25 minutes away and I run there, however buses stop running by the time I am finish and I can't just walk back because it is cold, so I jog. I just don't want this to effect my gains [if any] because my body would be eating my tissue as expenditure. Thanks for any feedback.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    mate youll be better off doing cardio after weights.......a) youl have more energy to put into you're weights...b) you're body is primed to burn fat after weights.....

also i wouldnt worry to much about loseing muscle (not at this stage anyway)....if you really want to, then take some BCAAs inbetween you're weights and cardio......take you're whey shake immediately after cardio..

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    mate youll be better off doing cardio after weights.......a) youl have more energy to put into you're weights...b) you're body is primed to burn fat after weights.....

also i wouldnt worry to much about loseing muscle (not at this stage anyway)....if you really want to, then take some BCAAs inbetween you're weights and cardio......take you're whey shake immediately after cardio..
    Thanks mate, I really appreciate that. Exactly the type of answer I was looking for. That is mainly what I have been doing now, minus the taking PWO shake right after cardio, I have been doing it after weights instead. Thanks energizer.

Hey bro!!! Awesome you're keeping up the diary. Very pleased with what I just read. Keep up the good work. Make sure if you fall, you stand back up and keep running!

Hey bro!!! Awesome you're keeping up the diary. Very pleased with what I just read. Keep up the good work. Make sure if you fall, you stand back up and keep running!
    Thanks again Rex for all the support! I am doing the best I can, and positive reinforcement like this does nothing but help!

January 27 - Day 15

As promised, this marks the second week of my diet. With this comes a picture update [including changes from day 1 to day 8 and day 15!] along with my weight update.

So...below is my weight progress

Day 1: 229.6 LBS
    Day 8 : 226 LBS
    Day 15: 223.9 LBS

So my current weight is 223.9! meaning a loss of more than 5 1/2 LBS in 2 weeks from diet and exercise! That is great! In addition, even though I don't trust it for calculation, my scale says my body fat has dropped 3%. Was around 30% but now is 26.8%. I know this is more than likely way inaccurate, but I will take whatever gains and put them toward my motivation. And if it says contrary and I have gone up, I will just say it never worked in the first place Ignorance is bliss, really!

Now for the pictures. I have put them in .gif format so it is an animation with about 3 seconds between each of the three pictures. I apologize in advance. Taking steady shots with a camera phone is difficult. Taking them at the same angle and brightness is difficult as well. I did my best. With that being said, check them out below.

FRONT

SIDE

Thanks everyone for the support thus far and the kind words! I hope I can continue to show good progress and move forward with my goals!

- KnowHope
    Last edited by KnowHope; 01-27-2010 at 11:26 AM.

javerton is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro - awesome progress so far! I would personally not bother with the clen at this point.

Just gotta think, it may be a slow process, but every day just focus on adding that one brick as perfectly as possible. In no time at all you'll have an awesome as hell house!

bowwow is offline Junior Member
    Keep up the good work bro! One day at a time.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    keep it up man.

digzober is offline New Member
    Looking sharp man. I am in the same situation you are in; however, I a bit shorter and have weigh less. On the other hand, I start tomorrow, and I have tried Clen . Personally, it works, but only if you are working out. On the other hand, the side effects suck! I would rather do it right and on my own than having to deal with the shaking all day status. Way to go budd, keep it going, you are really inspiring me now.

Quote Originally Posted by javerton View Post
    Hey bro - awesome progress so far! I would personally not bother with the clen at this point.

Just gotta think, it may be a slow process, but every day just focus on adding that one brick as perfectly as possible. In no time at all you'll have an awesome as hell house!
    Thanks man I really appreciate that! Yeah I am currently on the fence with the clen right now. I am just doing as much research as possible. And the sides would definitely suck, although there seem to be some other ways of doing it [that I have read on here] the seem to cause less sides. I think I am going to keep on my 40/40/20 diet for a month and a half, then try keto for the same amount of time, then maybe try clen afterward. Thanks for the kind words my man!

Quote Originally Posted by bowwow View Post
    Keep up the good work bro! One day at a time.
    Thanks man! Just adds to the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    keep it up man.
    Thanks penn! Your profile is one of the ones I look at every few days to keep me motivated! Just shows what you can achieve with hard word and dedication! Thanks for giving your $0.02!

Quote Originally Posted by digzober View Post
    Looking sharp man. I am in the same situation you are in; however, I a bit shorter and have weigh less. On the other hand, I start tomorrow, and I have tried Clen. Personally, it works, but only if you are working out. On the other hand, the side effects suck! I would rather do it right and on my own than having to deal with the shaking all day status. Way to go budd, keep it going, you are really inspiring me now.
    Awesome man! It is nice to know I can be joined by others on this adventure! Yeah those sides do suck, especially if I'd be sweating and shaking everyday while I am in class. Totally look like some phuckhead weirdo! haha. Thanks for the kind words man and if you decide to do your own log, definitely link me to it!

January 28 - Day 16

Hot off the heels of my weigh-in, just kept on going. Did legs today, felt great. Really nice to feel it, all the running I feel is strengthening them up! Just stuck to the diet and doing my thing.

January 29 - Day 17

Had a big exam today, so spent most of the day studying meaning I had to hit the gym later. After that, my friends were going out and brought over some nasty food, but one of my friends brought over some honey garlic chicken wings to congratulate me on this one exam. She knows I am working hard, so she got them baked and only got me eight. I ate 6 and said I just ate after the gym. It is positions like these that I find difficult personally. I am not tempted when people are eating bad things around me. But when people bring me things specifically, like this instance, I find it hard to say no. Have to hit the gym harder tomorrow and add maybe 10 more mins onto the early morning cardio. Did shoulders/Traps/Calves/Core today, for anyone interested.

January 30 - Day 18

Early morning cardio went well. Stuck to my plan and did a bit more to burn off the wings. With it being so cold, my lungs were really taking a beating but still pulled through. Hit the gym today for chest/tris, definitely be feeling that tomorrow. Diet went well as always, just found some new turkey bacon and turkey lean ground meat at the groc, will fit nicely into my diet, which I am most excited to try!

January 31 - Day 19

Woke up, did cardio again. Kept things really clean in the diet of course. I bought some all-bran, what does anyone think about this? Has moderate sugar, but a lot of starch. I'd only have it in the morning on days where I am just strapped for time in the A.M. Any opinions would be appreciated. I have about a half/cup with egg whites in the morning. I have a super slow metabolism and it really keeps me more "regular" than normal, so I do enjoy it. But I guess if I need to cut it, I could and replace it with just flax or something of the sort. Another downside is I have to add so mLs of 1% milk to it as well, but it does save me a buttload on time.

Worked out forearms, abs, some lower back [as I dont have more workouts tailored to LB in my back/bi days, also helps with the abs workout too] with some rowing machine in for cardio. Since I missed two gym days last week I decided this would make for some nice catchup without phucking up some up coming workouts due to fatigue.

Notice my pants are fitting looser and most of my belts have to be tightened one or two more notches. Things are coming up aces at the moment!

Thanks to all reading and leaving inspirational comments thus far!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information