Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Progress log

endurojerz is offline Banned
    Your definitely leaning out. Keep up the good work man.

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Sorry 6ft5, forgot about ya lol!!! On the tan note.....YOU REALISE I LIVE IN IRELAND?

Ya im finding it hard to gain mass while cutting down carbs etc!! just had aterrible weekend of drinking and eating, which MUST end now before i go back into that hole!! Worry a tiny bit that im not eating enough, i dont particulaly want to lose any more weight!!

Thinking about giving this another couple of weeks then trying my best for a lean bulk until the end of the summer!! though il find it very hard to be eating more than i have been!!

So you guys think iv done good? honesty is the best policy!!

Cheers guys

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    It's working.... don't give up no matter what. I am 11 weeks into my natural cut and looking at probably 8 more weeks as I am shooting for 8% BF and I had a diet-breakdown on saturday.... I made it through it without cheating on the diet or freaking out or anything but it did make me a little depressed. Keep your head up and work hard.... it's going to be worth it.

Don't let anything bring you down!!

Little Herc is offline Associate Member
    I just broke down on my diet and went on a 3 day binge of eating whatever I wanted. I got on the scale and I had lost a pound so don't get discouraged. Sometime your body needs some extra calories to force you out of starvation mode. Back at it hard today

Alright cheers lads!!

Would you believe today was the first day back on proper PROPER food intake!!

Just to update the log, the last few days, maybe last week or more iv been down about it, but i suppose theres always days like this and it will pass im sure after a few more days back training properly!!

My weight is back up to 174lbs, but i feel i may need to start upping my calories and clean bulking to add some muscle mass!! getting my motivation back and really want to continue and progress a lot more before the end of august

After watching a documentary on Kai Greene, i feel i need to up my intensity and concentration on my goals in the gym, not letting outside things get to me, not giving up and working hard until im glad its the end of a session because im too tired to continue!!!

Cheers

steakline is offline New Member
    Thanks for the posts I am just getting back in and am glad I found this place. keep up the good work. I posted pics of my fast a** in the new male members.

Ok guys updating this, few pics just taken about 10mins ago!!

Weighing in now at aroun 174-176 mark, think there is some very good progress from the start??

Trying now to add some good muscle mass

Please take a look and comment if you want...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Progress log-progress-week-8..day-4.jpg   Progress log-week-8-progress.jpg   Progress log-week-8-progress-2.jpg   Progress log-week-8-progress-3.jpg  

You're getting the results.... no doubt!

Keep up the hard work my Irish friend

Thanks Bertuzzi means a lot!! getting there now i feel

Anyone else feel free?

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    Ok guys updating this, few pics just taken about 10mins ago!!

Weighing in now at aroun 174-176 mark, think there is some very good progress from the start??

Trying now to add some good muscle mass

Please take a look and comment if you want...
    Don't worry about putting on too much mass right now.... trust me, I know what you're going through. I have been cutting for 12 weeks now and started at 208lbs and now down to 191lbs I am 6'1 with a slightly bigger frame than you. I am probably going to finish at around 180lbs which to me is shocking... never in a million years would I believe I could get that low, but looking at myself at 191 I need to shed more fat as I am shooting for 8% BF.

I know how hard it is thinking that you're getting too small and all that shit but keep it up. Cut all the fat away and build from there, you will be much happier with the end result I am sure. If you start trying to bulk and cut at the same time you won't see the results as fast. Keep cutting and keep training and you will gain mass as you go. Once you get rid of all that fat and start bulking you'll be very happy.

Like I said before, you are getting awesome results just stay focused on the task at hand and don't let anything bring you down..... anything or anyone!!

Look at this thread I have linked below.... the guys is 6'0 and 190lbs and look how shredded he is. Don't focus on the number on the scale focus on the overall results. To look at this guy you would think he would weigh more but he doesn't.... If you are shooting to get really lein you will probably end up around 160lbs. Maybe that number scares you, maybe it doesn't just keep it up.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=421333

Thanks man...and yep 160lbs scares the crap outta me....lol but i understand what you mean!!

Stregth has gone up so im pretty happy with the way things are heading, hopefully il get another burst now and il see some more results!!! Im not drinking any alcohol for a while so thats going to help me along, though i am getting cravings for some crap food....especially today.

Anyone else feel free to comment

Ya, stay away from the alchohol and if you get cravings for crap food, eat some beef jerky. Just make sure you look at the label some of them have a lot of sugar in them, but msot of them don't. Beef jerky is high in protein and low in fat and takes the cravings away. Just drink lots of water due to the soduim content.

Will do, beef jerky here is very hard to come by but i will get something to keep the cravings down!! pics are helping me maintain insporation, think its working well!!

Cheers for the help canadian friend and happy canada day

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    You should take inspiration from you own photo's, your body is really changing and taking shape..

As ive said before this isnt a sprint but your working fast towards your goals...

Well done bro, im proud of my Irish friend....
    Do not ask me for a source check.

6ft5 is offline Member
    Definalty seeing changes, waist looks a lot smaller makeing the rest of you pop out. Chest is growing and pecs are rounding out. When working with your tdee the I think the most changes are up front.. I binge eat sometimes but at a beginning level what do you expect? its hard to keep loosing. Your body and CNS and brain are still trying to fugure out what's going on. Kinda like gettn into a cold azz pool, you either jump in and freak out for a minit and try to get used to it, or wade in and dip your sack till your ready for it.

Cheers 007, as always your comments are appreciated and valued!! ya iv just about got it into my head that this is a marothon lol!! its hard but im getting there as my name says!!

6ft5 thanks you again, you really helped me from the start!! ya your right about the brain thinking a certain way, thats why im really trying to take the more psychological approach to this!! feeling better about my shape now, gonna keep working hard though

Thanks guys

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Obvious drop in bodyfat, especially around the mid-section. Bicep/arm in general is clearly larger and more defined. You are making definite progress my friend! We're in the midst of the summer now; turn up the heat and KILL IT every day!

Cheers mate, ya i think youve summed it up well, and that was my aim from the start! gonna keep powering on and hope this time another 4weeks we'll see some more improvement

Cheers 007, as always your comments are appreciated and valued!! ya iv just about got it into my head that this is a marothon lol!! its hard but im getting there as my name says!!

6ft5 thanks you again, you really helped me from the start!! ya your right about the brain thinking a certain way, thats why im really trying to take the more psychological approach to this!! feeling better about my shape now, gonna keep working hard though

Thanks guys
    Cheers mate, ya i think youve summed it up well, and that was my aim from the start! gonna keep powering on and hope this time another 4weeks we'll see some more improvement
    It is a marathon and trust me its longer than you think.... Just a little tip from a guy who is currently 12 weeks in to his cut.... don't count the weeks forward. Feel free to count the weeks past but don't start thinking "I am gonna have a six pack by August" or "At this rate I'll be done this cut in 6 weeks" If you do do that and I am not saying you are..... When you get into the future and you have not achieved what you thought you would by that point you get depressed and hard on yourself and if you're ever gonna start slipping on a diet, thats when it will happen. Trust me I have done that to myself twice on this cut and have now realized that it was the worst thing for me mentally. Now I just focus on getting it done and not stopping till I am 8% BF whenever that may be.... I never put a time on it anymore.

Good Luck my friend and stay strong.... your body is responding extremely well.

Ya i suppose your right we cant really put a time frame on it realy!! i did that at the start, thought oh a few weeks of good eating and training and il see some amazing changes....like looking in the mirror after 3 or 4 days thinking is there any change yet lol madness!!

I have seen some real good changes but im not gonna rest on them, i feel iv educated myself so much more with you guys help, im not gonna let this go now after coming this far!! gonna upload again in a few weeks.....cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    It is a marathon and trust me its longer than you think.... Just a little tip from a guy who is currently 12 weeks in to his cut.... don't count the weeks forward. Feel free to count the weeks past but don't start thinking "I am gonna have a six pack by August" or "At this rate I'll be done this cut in 6 weeks" If you do do that and I am not saying you are..... When you get into the future and you have not achieved what you thought you would by that point you get depressed and hard on yourself and if you're ever gonna start slipping on a diet, thats when it will happen. Trust me I have done that to myself twice on this cut and have now realized that it was the worst thing for me mentally. Now I just focus on getting it done and not stopping till I am 8% BF whenever that may be.... I never put a time on it anymore.
    EXCELLENT advice, listen to this man! I am a huge culprit of this kind of behavior and honestly i'm almost always feeling in the dumps. You've probably seen my posts where i'm bitching about my body, genetics, etc.

We really just need to forge ahead and let this take us where it will. As long as you know you're doing the right thing, it can't be bad. We KNOW where the wrong thing takes us... and I personally don't want to go back there!

jjfman is offline Associate Member
    Bravo my friend im proud of ye

can definatley see the graft paying off.
    i see your worried about weight etc but through my cut i hardly bothered to get weighed as it was all about stength and appearence for me man.

if your cutting up and getting stronger then what more can you ask for, you will look better for sure.

id say stick with the cut and like its been said dont worry about a time on this because it will happen for you. be inspired by yourself looking at your starting pics to now undoubtedly a good amount of progress

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    EXCELLENT advice, listen to this man! I am a huge culprit of this kind of behavior and honestly i'm almost always feeling in the dumps. You've probably seen my posts where i'm bitching about my body, genetics, etc.

We really just need to forge ahead and let this take us where it will. As long as you know you're doing the right thing, it can't be bad. We KNOW where the wrong thing takes us... and I personally don't want to go back there!
    Ya i feel that mine and your psychological approaches are quite similar, i find myself delighted with myself one minute and down the next!! but its all about getting through it!! ya thats a good point, i do not want to go back to that guy who people know works out but also know he musnt be dedicated that much, i wanna stay as the guy that people are looking at and thinking how does he do it type of thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by jjfman View Post
    Bravo my friend im proud of ye

can definatley see the graft paying off.
    i see your worried about weight etc but through my cut i hardly bothered to get weighed as it was all about stength and appearence for me man.

if your cutting up and getting stronger then what more can you ask for, you will look better for sure.

id say stick with the cut and like its been said dont worry about a time on this because it will happen for you. be inspired by yourself looking at your starting pics to now undoubtedly a good amount of progress
    Thanks a million jjfman, i probably have you to thank the most because you helped me through pm all the way through this, not saying you other guys didnt because you really did but this guy helped me sort out my routine to my diet to what shakes are best at what time etc!! your log also gave me great inspiration and still does!! now im kinda giving myself inspiration as i feel i hae made good progess and if i keep going the way i have then itl be brilliant!!

88mustang is offline New Member
    Wow! This thread alone makes me believe I joined the right website for support and knowledge. I am about to start my second cycle soon. My first cycle got cut off short. My tendinitis is almost gone, just nervous it will return.

BTW Gettingthere,your making good progress and remember "Rome wasn't built in a day".

Quote Originally Posted by 88mustang View Post
    Wow! This thread alone makes me believe I joined the right website for support and knowledge. I am about to start my second cycle soon. My first cycle got cut off short. My tendinitis is almost gone, just nervous it will return.

BTW Gettingthere,your making good progress and remember "Rome wasn't built in a day".
    Thanks mate appreciated, you sure have chosen the right site, some real great people on here

Thanks a million jjfman, i probably have you to thank the most because you helped me through pm all the way through this, not saying you other guys didnt because you really did but this guy helped me sort out my routine to my diet to what shakes are best at what time etc!! your log also gave me great inspiration and still does!! now im kinda giving myself inspiration as i feel i hae made good progess and if i keep going the way i have then itl be brilliant!!
    No probs man more than welcome.
    you should be inspriation to yourself definatley and others will take inspiration from this thread no doubt. just keep up that hard work.

also that quote from 88mustang is brilliant for you right now "rome wasnt built in a day"

dont let your mind get the better of you.

cjw2021 is offline Banned
    It loooks like you need more saturated fat in your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by cjw2021 View Post
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by cjw2021 View Post
    I'm too lazy to look right now, but I just saw this same comment in another thread - the OP was talking about depression or something. I hope you're not the same guy just running around from post to post telling people to get more saturated fat in their diet!

If I have the wrong guy, my apologies. Do you want to elaborate as to why you're suggesting this to the OP?

Yeah that's kinda puzzled me.

Please explain :s

Alright guys, thought i should change up my routine a tiny bit to shock them muscles again!!

So right now this is the way its looking:

Monday Chest/Triceps
    Bench Press 3 sets
    Incline Dumbell Press 3 sets
    Flys 3 sets
    Dips 2 sets

EZ Bar triceps extension sets
    One hand dumbell tricep extension 3 sets
    Underhand grip pulldown 3 sets

Wednesday Back/Bi's
    Pull ups 2 sets
    Cable Row 3 sets
    Lat pulldown 2 sets
    Reverse dumbell 2sets
    Deadlift 5 sets

Close grip EZ Bent over bar 3 sets
    Wide grip 3 sets
    Hammer curls 3 sets

Friday Shoulders
    Dumbell press 3 sets
    Front raises 3 sets
    Side raises 3 sets
    Concentrated shoulder press 2sets
    Shrugs 4 sets dumbells

Now im keeping my rep range to 8-12 for some mass building.

Things id like to improve, my traps i think have slowed down a bit, like some more height in my traps. also like my delts to have more definition, and of course we all wat the arms bigger!!

Cheers for input guys

Right so no pics going up this week, maybe next week!! this week has probably throughout the hole thing been the hardest and possibly the worst!!

Training has actualy not been bad at all, strength still seems to be going up a tiny bit each week!! But on thursday i went drinking with my mates which leads to bad eating for a few days.

Then today i just feel like crap, looking at myself in the mirror and thinking my progress isnt as good as it should be, damn annoying!! and when i sit down i feel my stomach and it feels too loose for my liking!!

Im sure after a few days il be back to feeling a bit better, but its damn hard sometimes

But on thursday i went drinking with my mates which leads to bad eating for a few days.

Then today i just feel like crap, looking at myself in the mirror and thinking my progress isnt as good as it should be, damn annoying!! and when i sit down i feel my stomach and it feels too loose for my liking!!

Im sure after a few days il be back to feeling a bit better, but its damn hard sometimes
    Welcome to my world bro! I've been having some rough weekends lately as well in regards to drinking/eating. Then I get in the mirror just like you and feel like I just threw away so much time of hard training... in one weekend.

Rationally though we have to know that's not true, it's all head games we play with ourselves. If anything, you have some water retention and it'll subside in a day or two. I feel your pain bro!

cobra305 is offline Member
    Right so no pics going up this week, maybe next week!! this week has probably throughout the hole thing been the hardest and possibly the worst!!

Training has actualy not been bad at all, strength still seems to be going up a tiny bit each week!! But on thursday i went drinking with my mates which leads to bad eating for a few days.

It happens we are human and cannot be perfect, the key is to minimize these bad days. Overall your progress is coming along nicely do not get discouraged. Brush it off and get back at it. Keep up the good work.

NMacFar is offline Member
    Excellent progress!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Welcome to my world bro! I've been having some rough weekends lately as well in regards to drinking/eating. Then I get in the mirror just like you and feel like I just threw away so much time of hard training... in one weekend.

Rationally though we have to know that's not true, it's all head games we play with ourselves. If anything, you have some water retention and it'll subside in a day or two. I feel your pain bro!
    Exactly, couldnt have put in better words myself!!

And thanks guys for the support

boDAWG is offline Member
    gonna post up any new pics now? been a while since you posted some, but bro good progress i can definitely see that

one thing that worked for me but your ass on cardio and i mean not some boring ass cardio, i do intervals to constantly keep your body guessing, people say low intensity cardio is best for fat burn, yeah when you're at 10% already for us who are above 15 i do high intensity 100% of the time, give it a shot for 2 weeks, every day and diet dont let your diet slip and you will see some great results

Quote Originally Posted by boDAWG View Post
    gonna post up any new pics now? been a while since you posted some, but bro good progress i can definitely see that

one thing that worked for me but your ass on cardio and i mean not some boring ass cardio, i do intervals to constantly keep your body guessing, people say low intensity cardio is best for fat burn, yeah when you're at 10% already for us who are above 15 i do high intensity 100% of the time, give it a shot for 2 weeks, every day and diet dont let your diet slip and you will see some great results
    Its been about 3 weeks since i posted some so im probably gonna wait until maybe sunday and then put some up!! damn i really gotta get on to that cardio, its so damn boring its frightening!! tommorow is has to happen, i HAVE to add in some cardio, i have nothing major coming up with events or anything so i can concentrate again hard!! thanks for the kinds words mate, all help/positive feedback/criticism is greatly wanted and appreciated

alright mate just looking at your routine and it looks good apart from back day id say take out lat pulldown and another set of wide arm pull ups and get either t-bar row or bent over barbell row in ther for back thickness.

other than that keep up the work mate

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information