Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Progress log

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    As I stated in the whore thread... you got this handled... Just keep your head up... remember what you're doing is the impossible in some peoples eyes and you'll only have to do it once.

6ft5 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjfman View Post
    alright mate just looking at your routine and it looks good apart from back day id say take out lat pulldown and another set of wide arm pull ups and get either t-bar row or bent over barbell row in ther for back thickness.

other than that keep up the work mate
    ^Agreed w need more wide pullups. If your doing deads or a lower back exercise then do the t bar (I lovvvveee the t bar). If not do a bent row.. On anuther note..Did you know that the wider you grip is on a pull down the higher on the lat it works, and the narrow grip works lower lats. Just thought I'd add that in.. Just checken in on ya man... And oh hell I'm in 3rd week of pct and I'm tryn to keep myself together its fkn hard man!! think I'm gettnthere tooooo. Lol! I learn from experience, and this is a hella experience.. Keep it goin man!! Great work.

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    So some new pics just taken right now!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Progress log-new-pics-2.jpg   Progress log-new-pics-3.jpg   Progress log-new-pics.jpg   Progress log-new-pics-4.jpg   Progress log-new-pics-5.jpg  

^^ Wow.... your body is responding very well to the dieting, even though you keep cheatin

Keep it up.... you are looking AWESOME!!

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Good work keep it up

Stop cheating

Blog Entries
    keep it up bro your almost as sexy as kp,bert and iggy....it will be a few years though till your in the big leuges with me lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    keep it up bro your almost as sexy as kp,bert and iggy....it will be a few years though till your in the big leuges with me lol.....
    The big leagues?? Thats it?? Come talk to me when you're in the Major-Super-Turbo-Mega-Elite Leagues like myself!

Blog Entries
    yea that leauge will last about as long as the xfl football leauge here in the usa....like ten min....

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiCC View Post
    Good work keep it up

Stop cheating
    I WILL I WILL, im promising myself now not to cheat anymore....thanks Manicc appreciated!!

Haha good stuff, if i keep going like this il be happy enough!! thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    ^^ Wow.... your body is responding very well to the dieting, even though you keep cheatin

Keep it up.... you are looking AWESOME!!
    lol it seems to be, but thats not gonna encourage me to keep cheating!! not drinking the other night was a huge thing i think, i wouldve cheated on food aswell if i did drink!!!! thanks bert your a good man for the motivation

yea that leauge will last about as long as the xfl football leauge here in the usa....like ten min....
    I almost pissed myself on that one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    lol it seems to be, but thats not gonna encourage me to keep cheating!! not drinking the other night was a huge thing i think, i wouldve cheated on food aswell if i did drink!!!! thanks bert your a good man for the motivation
    I try my best.... It's just cause I know what you're going through.... Feel free to shoot me a PM if you are feeling depressed and slipping... I'll get it to my Blackberry and be right on to sent you a response!

Will do Bert!! sometimes i have bad days so its good to know you got friends to re assure you!! thanks everyone who has responded!! anyone else with a view feel free

gonnagetmebigger is offline Junior Member
    WOW man, just read through this whole thread your looking amazing since the first pic!!! keep it up your doing gret. you'll be a beast when your done!

the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    So some new pics just taken right now!!
    looking great, arms and traps are really filling out, well done

boDAWG is offline Member
    good job bro, i can def tell the difference there

Cheers guys, im actually feeling better today than i did when i took those pics!!

Just a predicament im in now is this:
    At then end of august me and my mates are going to a music festival in england, so there will be 4days without training and also without eating properly, bound to be loads of drink and crap food no doubt because of where we'll be.

SO as some may say its only 4days, i really dont want to come back with that feeling that iv thrown away months of hard work, thatd be crap!! so anyone got any tips on minmising this? been in the same position?

Cheers guys, im actually feeling better today than i did when i took those pics!!

Just a predicament im in now is this:
    At then end of august me and my mates are going to a music festival in england, so there will be 4days without training and also without eating properly, bound to be loads of drink and crap food no doubt because of where we'll be.

SO as some may say its only 4days, i really dont want to come back with that feeling that iv thrown away months of hard work, thatd be crap!! so anyone got any tips on minmising this? been in the same position?
    I dunno what to tell you, you have quite the predicament on your hands. I personally would not attend the festival, but I am strange and don't expect you to sacrafice your personal life that much.

Just don't drink... thats a good start and try to eat as healthy as possible and don't bindge and only eat twice a day.... even if the food is not as healthy spread your meals out and still eat minimum 6 times a day.

Good Luck

I dunno what to tell you, you have quite the predicament on your hands. I personally would not attend the festival, but I am strange and don't expect you to sacrafice your personal life that much.

Just don't drink... thats a good start and try to eat as healthy as possible and don't bindge and only eat twice a day.... even if the food is not as healthy spread your meals out and still eat minimum 6 times a day.

Good Luck
    I sure did think about not going bert, but it has been booked, and dont get me wrong i cant wait to go but thats in the back of my mind!!

I get im just gonna have to do my best with the eating part, spread out some meals etc

So.... whats the good word? Anything new and Exciting?? Still in the groove I hope!

Whats up Bert, been flat out busy at work last few days and trying to get stuff together!! havent even got time for whoring lol!! things being going good gym wise, workouts are nice and intense with good burns!! i feel my size is definatly up a bit...in a good way!! so right now im happy with the way its going..

Whats up Bert, been flat out busy at work last few days and trying to get stuff together!! havent even got time for whoring lol!! things being going good gym wise, workouts are nice and intense with good burns!! i feel my size is definatly up a bit...in a good way!! so right now im happy with the way its going..
    Good to hear... keep that diet clean and stay positive! I watch for updates.

Good to hear... keep that diet clean and stay positive! I watch for updates.
    ...x2

OK well here are updated pics taken just now!!

I cant lie about this im pissed off to say the least, maybe there are improvements from the last set but i think i look worse in the pics, think my arms look considerably smaller and i look like crap!!

My diet has been pretty look, and my strength has gone up and i felt i had put on some good size, but after this i really dont know
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Progress log-week......jpg   Progress log-week....jpg   Progress log-week...jpg   Progress log-week..jpg  

You feel like you are looking smaller because you are leaning out. You cut down some fat and you can see it in your top abs. You're making progress, trust me.... you are at the same point I was at, where it is hard to see the change. You have that last little bit of fat to cut and that is the hardest.

You have to remember.... you are building muscle naturally while cutting. You can't expect drastic muscle changes in 3 weeks time or even 2 months time. Gorwing muscle naturally takes time, especially if you are just developing new muscle.... meaning you have never had it and you have no muscle memory. Keep pushing my friend... now is the true test of mental strength and stamina! Don't focus on growing huge muscle right now. You already stated, that you are still seeing strength increases. Focus on defining and strengthening those muscles, size will come in time!

You look awesome and I have nothing but faith in you!! Stay strong my friend!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Nah, your arms actually look bigger to me. Perhaps you lost a bit of bodyfat on the arms and to you they appear smaller? Don't get discouraged bro! This isn't an overnight transformation, as we all learn little by little, each day. Keep your chin up.

Cheers guys, still a bit down today, my session at the gym was disgraceful but i just have to snap outta it!!

Anyone elses comments are always appreciated, it dosent matter if there is criticism its all helpful

You are doing well and have come very far

My advice to you would be to keep Your focus and Stay motivated.

How big do you eventually want to become?

Sometimes i dont understand that question, but i kinda get it!! i look at guys like kp, Hazard and all them guys and think itd be great to get there one day, so i guess looking at that size, but thats some time off!!

Right now i do get some comments off people like wow man ur big enough, and id like to be your size but i want them comments a lot more (as i said before its vain but that the way i am right now)

Sometimes i dont understand that question, but i kinda get it!! i look at guys like kp, Hazard and all them guys and think itd be great to get there one day, so i guess looking at that size, but thats some time off!!

Right now i do get some comments off people like wow man ur big enough, and id like to be your size but i want them comments a lot more (as i said before its vain but that the way i am right now)
    Just keep in mind that this desire to get bigger will probably NEVER go away. I have a friend at the gym who's a pure beast, I mean this guy is a monster. He tells me that he is always asking his wife if he looks like a guy who works out, because he doesn't see it. People like us in this sport are sick in the head and our own worst critics. At the same time, it's a blessing in disguise of sorts, because it helps us to progress.

Excellent point gbrice, you always sum it up so well!! to me.....i feel it depends on the type of t shirt i wear or the type of lighting im in that people know whether or not i work out, that could be crazy....everyone could know it by looking at me, but i will never think im big enough or look good enough....it helps...but its also a negative sometimes like lately

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Excellent point gbrice, you always sum it up so well!! to me.....i feel it depends on the type of t shirt i wear or the type of lighting im in that people know whether or not i work out, that could be crazy....everyone could know it by looking at me, but i will never think im big enough or look good enough....it helps...but its also a negative sometimes like lately
    The lighting and everything with the camera has to be EXACTLY the same, I can't begin to tell you how much even the slightest change will make you look so much different.

i feel it depends on the type of t shirt i wear or the type of lighting im in that people know whether or not i work out
    x1000 on this! It's weird - when I was 255lbs, I tried to find clothes that I didn't look horrible in. Now, i'm looking for clothes that I look good in! I agree though, unless you're a pretty big guy, it's hard to look like you hit the gym unless you select the right shirts, etc. As you mentioned, lighting and shawdows are the most RIDICULOUS culprits; I look in some mirrors and can't believe it's me; I look in others and freak out thinking I look terrible.... it's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    x1000 on this! It's weird - when I was 255lbs, I tried to find clothes that I didn't look horrible in. Now, i'm looking for clothes that I look good in! I agree though, unless you're a pretty big guy, it's hard to look like you hit the gym unless you select the right shirts, etc. As you mentioned, lighting and shawdows are the most RIDICULOUS culprits; I look in some mirrors and can't believe it's me; I look in others and freak out thinking I look terrible.... it's crazy!
    lmao this is so true, gonna have to start up a club or thread about this soon, its so weird!!

Bought some t shirts today, and there were mirrors on all walls in the changing room, and so many reflections of me...out of 4 i liked 3 angles, mental stuff

IMO, Old Navy shirts are the best! I love the way they fit, feel, etc. Perfect length, perfect sleeve length, I literally have about 20.

6ft5 is offline Member
    Just checkn out the progress log. And I agree w gbrice tris are bigger. And you will always look weird to yourself becouse if your workn hard your body is always changing. Some days I'm all flat some I'm holding water and look and feel bigg. The only time I usualy feel bigger is when I'm blastn out heavy sets w ease, I suprize myself. Or executing crazy compound lifts. Your doing great. And let me telll ya sum these dudes like me will post the pics that they like.lol

ust took some pics there, feel indifferent about them but still going hard!!

Was talking earlier about my skin feeling soft, my stomach and arms etc just felt weird and a bit soft!! was probably from not taking on enough water lately

So anyway here they are
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Progress log-latest-p1.jpg   Progress log-latest-p2.jpg   Progress log-latest-p3.jpg   Progress log-latest-p4.jpg  

The diet is working very well for you bro, I can see the bodyfat is just melting off! Very obvious difference and progression throughout your pics. Don't get discouraged about putting on size and really defining your muscles - it takes time. I've got at least a year on you and i'm not there yet either. We just gotta keep on pushing along brutha, but looking great!

PS - lookin tight in the t-shirt!!! It's obvious you workout IMO.

Thanks gbrice, really appreciate all the support you have and are continuing to give me!! had a few bad days with diet after liverpool and that but im trying to get back into my routine right now, college starts again sunday so another mad week will be had, but gonna do my very best with training and eating

Don't feel badly about a few bad days.... I haven't been right since getting back from Mexico, and that was over a month ago. :-o

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    The diet is working very well for you bro, I can see the bodyfat is just melting off! Very obvious difference and progression throughout your pics. Don't get discouraged about putting on size and really defining your muscles - it takes time. I've got at least a year on you and i'm not there yet either. We just gotta keep on pushing along brutha, but looking great!

PS - lookin tight in the t-shirt!!! It's obvious you workout IMO.
    X2... Couldn't have said it better myself... I especially agree with the shirt comment.

Keep up the good work my friend!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information