baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100

Baseline 10.11.10

Attachment 112238Attachment 112239Attachment 112240Attachment 112241Attachment 112242

Just doing this thread for own reference really

Comments always welcome

5'7"
    around 190

Tell me my weak point, other than legs, traps, overall mass and BF%
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2161.jpg   Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2160.jpg   Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2138.jpg   Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2162.jpg   Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2163.jpg  

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2168.jpg   Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2167.jpg   Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2164.jpg   Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2166.jpg   Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2170.jpg  

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2182.jpg   Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2174.jpg   Baseline 10.11.10-cimg2173.jpg  

Me in 2007-2008
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baseline 10.11.10-cimg0540.jpg  

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Nothing glaring stands out, your arms and shoulders look like they may be a bit ahead of the rest of your physique. One thing I have found is that it is really hard to make assessments on a person until you really get them lean and strip the fat off of them. I remember getting ready for my first show and thinking certain bodyparts were good while others needed lots of work. When I got dieted down it was almost the complete opposite of what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Nothing glaring stands out, your arms and shoulders look like they may be a bit ahead of the rest of your physique. One thing I have found is that it is really hard to make assessments on a person until you really get them lean and strip the fat off of them. I remember getting ready for my first show and thinking certain bodyparts were good while others needed lots of work. When I got dieted down it was almost the complete opposite of what I thought.
    IMO my arms have always been ahead, lower body needs work IMO

In real life my triceps are my best bodypart and always have been, IDK why

I am considering cutting in January since this Remote trainer thing has come up

I dont know if i wanna get down to 10-12%BF and then gain slowly and cleanly or go all the way down as low as i can get

Get to 10% and then make a decision. Contrary to popular belief you can add just as much muscle staying under 12% as you can doing these crazy all out bulks. Not only that you wont lose nearly as much if you decide to take it to single digits.

Get to 10% and then make a decision. Contrary to popular belief you can add just as much muscle staying under 12% as you can doing these crazy all out bulks. Not only that you wont lose nearly as much if you decide to take it to single digits.
    Thats the thing, to get really low for nothing (well a holiday) is a step backwards due to the tissue loss

These Pics are horrible to guess BF but where wud u say i am, reason i say that is that i know how i look in some mirrors and i look completly different under different lights, as you know im sure

Exactly why keeping it in check is so important in the first place! There is no reason you cant get down to around 10% with a minimal amount of muscle loss (if any) if you get your diet and cardio dialed in and do it over an extended period of time. I would guestimate you to be around 17-18%. It does look like you have a good structure to build upon, if you wanted to I think you could do a Novice Division contest in 2 years and represent yourself well.

Exactly why keeping it in check is so important in the first place! There is no reason you cant get down to around 10% with a minimal amount of muscle loss (if any) if you get your diet and cardio dialed in and do it over an extended period of time. I would guestimate you to be around 17-18%. It does look like you have a good structure to build upon, if you wanted to I think you could do a Novice Division contest in 2 years and represent yourself well.
    Thanks

Bold is nice to hear sice in starting to get more and more intrested in the competing side of the sport

I am in comunications with LBSOMEIRON and plann to work with him at some point to sort myslef out

I have been forwards and backwards too much with my body, cut bulk cut bulk etc....

I have learned that the only real way to go is to stay lean and gain slowly,, i saw a post by you wher u gained 50lbs in a yr to come in 2lb heavyier the next year, what a waste of time

I have been focussing on eating as clean as i can with only one cheat meal a week, IMO my diet is sound, apart from a bit of milk in a shake

One of my problems is the lack of cardio that i do, i know u do an hr a day even wher gaining, and 2 hrs when dieting, thats drive man,, i cud eat sh*t if it wud get me ripped or big, food is not my problem, my problem is ive never been that lean, once i get ther and see it 'slipping' i will know to up my CV etc....

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You look like you have a great base bro, i'd be happy to have your LBM. At 10% you'd look fvcking sick! Looking VERY forward to seeing your progress - you better keep this alive or start a log like mine.

Man.... another person just passing me by... =\

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    You look like you have a great base bro, i'd be happy to have your LBM. At 10% you'd look fvcking sick! Looking VERY forward to seeing your progress - you better keep this alive or start a log like mine.

Man.... another person just passing me by... =\
    First off thanks Bro

secondly dont be harsh on yourself, think where u have come, from being a fat bast*rd to wher u are now, ur getting where ur going man, just stay on the road, and dont let ur head fuk with u

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    First off thanks Bro

secondly dont be harsh on yourself, think where u have come, from being a fat bast*rd to wher u are now, ur getting where ur going man, just stay on the road, and dont let ur head fuk with u
    Thanks bro, and I hear you. 2 years ago when I started this, I thought i'd look more like you do then how I do by now, that's all. Just general frustration, common in this game I suppose.

Thanks bro, and I hear you. 2 years ago when I started this, I thought i'd look more like you do then how I do by now, that's all. Just general frustration, common in this game I suppose.
    I cant remember ur ststs to start with but i know u have come a long way, like We all know, you have to accept some tissue loss

Like i have said, u have come a long way down ur road, stop looking in the rear view mirror and focus on what is in front of you

My opinion for what its worth is this;

You have been dieting for too long...

You have lost too much of ur LBM and you metabolic rate has nose dived

And that is why its so hard for u

If i was you i would up the cals for 6-8 weeks, not massivly but over mtnce at least, allow ur weight to rise slightly, have a break from all the stress of so much cardio

After 6 or 8 weeks i would flick the switch str8 bak into cutting

Just my opinion tho m8

Hey bro, I appreciate your opinion and advice. The main reason I can't follow it right now is this - my biggest issue in this entire game is that i've never really stuck to one thing long enough for it to actually have a dramatic effect. Sure, overall i've been cutting for a long time - but my diet was crap for a year, being worked out for a few months after that, and then I played so much with calories (including a 3 month bulk while on cycle) that i've never truly CUT. If I abandon what i'm doing now, it's just another mark in that book.

In the meantime, new pics posted in my thread - appreciate it if you'd check em out. =)

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ess-Log/page19

weknowbobbito is offline Junior Member
    looking good keep it up

Hey bro, I appreciate your opinion and advice. The main reason I can't follow it right now is this - my biggest issue in this entire game is that i've never really stuck to one thing long enough for it to actually have a dramatic effect. Sure, overall i've been cutting for a long time - but my diet was crap for a year, being worked out for a few months after that, and then I played so much with calories (including a 3 month bulk while on cycle) that i've never truly CUT. If I abandon what i'm doing now, it's just another mark in that book.

In the meantime, new pics posted in my thread - appreciate it if you'd check em out. =)

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ess-Log/page19
    I get you about the not sticking to a plan thing

As i may have already said, i have bulk cut bulk cut etc for too long now, i need to do a real cut and get down to 10% and then make slow gainst from there whipe maintaining good conditioning

Im thinking i will start up in jan

Probable start by 30min morning cardio 7days a week

30min cardio 5 days per week PWO

And drop carbs over the course of 8-10 weeks, see where i can get

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    i have bulk cut bulk cut etc for too long now, i need to do a real cut and get down to 10% and then make slow gainst from there whipe maintaining good conditioning
    This. You and I are after the same thing. =) GL bro, I know you'll do very well, and looking forward to seeing your progress!

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    I'll tell you what bro, you back double bi pose is prety impressive for someone in the high-teens bf% wise.

The taper is there and will come full cirlce when you hit single digits.

Back and bis are without question your best assets....

9/10 times you'll see just a block, with very little defiinition in a male with a higher bf % (in bodybulding terms).

You muscle bellies are full and your rear delts are developed. Strong delt tie and arms too.

You are in a perfect place to start this journey. The smaller your waist gets, the wider your shoulders will appear.

Get your plan down on paper and don't get distracted.

FG's coment about the '2 year' plan is on point and possibly conservative (which is good)....no need to rush anything.
    Last edited by LBSOMEIRON; 11-15-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    I'll tell you what bro, you back double bi pose is prety impressive for someone in the high-teens bf% wise.

The taper is there and will come full cirlce when you hit single digits.

Back and bis are without question your best assets....

9/10 times you'll see just a block, with very little defiinition in a male with a higher bf % (in bodybulding terms).

You muscle bellies are full and your rear delts are developed. Strong delt tie and arms too.

You are in a perfect place to start this journey. The smaller your waist gets, the wider your shoulders will appear.

Get your plan down on paper and don't get distracted.

FG's coment about the '2 year' plan is on point and possibly conservative (which is good)....no need to rush anything.
    Thanks for all ur comments LB

And for anyone intrested I will be starting a Log in Jan where i will be cutting and aiming to get down to 10%BF

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm going to suggest some things that probably are going to surprise you... weak areas #1 - traps, #2 - upper arms, #3 - upper/inner chest. Your legs are fine, as everyone else has said your bf makes it look otherwise. Now you are shocked about my #2 selection, so I guess I'll explain, your right arm looks to be 1-2 inches smaller, your bicep has thickness issues and your tricep has height issues. Maybe I'm silly, but I'd bet these areas being worked on would improve your overall.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I'm going to suggest some things that probably are going to surprise you... weak areas #1 - traps, #2 - upper arms, #3 - upper/inner chest. Your legs are fine, as everyone else has said your bf makes it look otherwise. Now you are shocked about my #2 selection, so I guess I'll explain, your right arm looks to be 1-2 inches smaller, your bicep has thickness issues and your tricep has height issues. Maybe I'm silly, but I'd bet these areas being worked on would improve your overall.
    Thanks for ur comments

Yeh traps are weak, they are becoming more of a priority

Duno which pic ur refering to where my ares look different sizes, if its the front double bicep i can see the difference between the two but he size is similar, TBH i think its a funny angle or sumat, i can see what u mean tho, in real life (in the mirror) they look similar, i think LOL

Upper chest is also an area im focusing on

TBH i just want more size overall

I want to be much bigger in the long run

Thread Information