Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Perfect, that will take me right into February. Then I can start my spring cutting.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    yup your training split is kicking the crap out of your arms,

Workout
    Day 1-Chest

Day 2 Bi's & Tri's your arms are getting hit some what 4 days in a row

Day 3 Shoulders therefore your shoulder arent getting blasted like they deserve

Day 4 Back are you putting rest days in???
    Day 5 Chest rework this... more rest for your groups

Day 6 Legs & Bi's & Tri's

Diet
    Pre Workout -7am Cottage Cheese/PB or Protein Shake
    Post Workout 10am-Protein Shake 55g/ Glutamine
    12pm -Chicken breast or Tuna, Bread, Applesauce
    2pm Protein Bar-35g
    4pm Dinner-Steak, Chicken or Pork, Veggies, Piece of bread
    6pm Protein Shake 27g Whey
    8pm Eggs, tuna or chicken
    10ish Protein Shake 55g & Glutaminet of your arms.
    Last edited by ENraged; 09-18-2003 at 01:20 PM.

holy over trained arms batman

what body shape are you going for??? i am going for an x shape

KA KILLA is offline New Member
    i was looking at your pic's and i dont know but its just my opion. but i think your lower cheast is sorta slacking and if you did decline after your flat bench everytime you did cheast like one day do reg and decline. and then next cheast day do reg. and incline . but do decline once a week i think it whould make the difference in your cheast should see result's fast with decline.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ENraged
    holy over trained arms batman
    TOLD YOU SO! jkjkjk
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-19-2003 at 05:14 PM.

How about an update?

devilman_1982 is offline New Member

Wink

hi,
    what colour pinz are u using for your gluts.and where u injecting? the glut is the best place to inject as it has the biggest area of muscle. Green pinz are best for this area. blood is not uncommon. if you do have a lump it may be because you are not inkecting deep enough into the muscle. Pluss be sure to rub the area after to help the oil.

Thanx

Hey guys,

Just got an email saying I had responses...sorry for not getting back sooner.

I am going to start my new workout schedule on Monday. Plus I do agree about my lower pecs...they SUCK. I used to be really fat about 6 yrs ago and still carry some fat in my pecs...I will definetly put those DECLINES in.

I will have more update on Monday and new pics mid week.

Bri

Hey my new schedule will look like this:

Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Back
    Wednesday-Shoulders
    Thursday-Legs
    Friday-Arms

OR should I throw and OFF day in the middle there somewhere?? Thoughts?? I wanna start this Monday.

I will concentrate on each body part with 4-5 core exercises each day. They do ABS and my 20 mins of cardio.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep up the great work Bri, i have a feeling you have come a long way from where you orginally started.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    Hey my new schedule will look like this:

Monday-Chest
    Tuesday-Back
    Wednesday-Shoulders
    Thursday-Legs
    Friday-Arms

OR should I throw and OFF day in the middle there somewhere?? Thoughts?? I wanna start this Monday.

I will concentrate on each body part with 4-5 core exercises each day. They do ABS and my 20 mins of cardio.
    better but try this
    monday-chest
    tuesday-legs
    wednesday-off
    thursday-shoulder
    friday-off
    saturday arms
    saturday-back
    this way you get a full upper body rest before hitting the shoulders better recup better growth
    Last edited by ENraged; 09-19-2003 at 06:37 PM.

Definitely try to make it a 7 day rotation, because you've got to be careful, even when on AS not to overtrain. Where he lists saturday twice below, he means sunday for the last one. I disagree though, i feel doing the same muscle group twice in two days is a bad idea, even if it goes back then arms. I've listed this before and i stick to it

Monday-Chest/triceps This is because chest exercises are VERY tricep intensive. Include weighted dips, the single best exercise there is. (besides squats)

Tuesday-back/biceps -Make sure to include bent over rows, pullups and/or pulldowns. If you're going to do deadlifts (for lower back), you CANNOT do squats the next day for legs. That's a recipe for overtraining/injury.

Wednesday-off, for reason listed above. some say that doing deadlifts and squats in the same WEEK is even dangerous.

Thursday-Legs. squat every week, unless you're deadlifting (every other to every third week). then do light front squats/leg press/lunges instead.

Friday-off, because legs are so damn hard.

saturday-Arms/shoulders I personally do an 8 day rotation, but if you want to do it in 7 i'd stick your shoulders in here as well. Bigol' legs suggests 4 sets per head, which wouldn't really take too long. press/side raise/front raise

sunday- The lord's day. rest.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-20-2003 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    Definitely try to make it a 7 day rotation, because you've got to be careful, even when on AS not to overtrain. Where he lists saturday twice below, he means sunday for the last one. I disagree though, i feel doing the same muscle group twice in two days is a bad idea, even if it goes back then arms. I've listed this before and i stick to it

Monday-Chest/triceps This is because chest exercises are VERY tricep intensive. Include weighted dips, the single best exercise there is. (besides squats)

Tuesday-back/biceps -Make sure to include bent over rows, pullups and/or pulldowns. If you're going to do deadlifts (for lower back), you CANNOT do squats the next day for legs. That's a recipe for overtraining/injury.

Wednesday-off, for reason listed above. some say that doing deadlifts and squats in the same WEEK is even dangerous.

Thursday-Legs. squat every week, unless you're deadlifting (every other to every third week). then do light front squats/leg press/lunges instead.

Friday-off, because legs are so damn hard.

saturday-Arms/shoulders I personally do an 8 day rotation, but if you want to do it in 7 i'd stick your shoulders in here as well. Bigol' legs suggests 4 sets per head, which wouldn't really take too long. press/side raise/front raise

sunday- The lord's day. rest.
    chris it looks to me like you work out idea is almost the same as what i suggested monday and tuesday you are working the arms in one way or another. it is very hard to get a good cycle to get the arms the proper rest they need. but it all comes down to listening to your body. and research the net for progrms
    Last edited by ENraged; 09-20-2003 at 08:51 AM.

That's true, i try to train around muscle groups instead of body parts. I don't even have an arms day to be honest. A lot of people insist on doing this kind of thing though. My workout goes like..

1. back/bi
    2. off/abs
    3. chest tri
    4. off/
    5. legs bi
    6. off./abs
    7. shoulders tri
    8. off. /abs

This way i get 4 days rest at the smallest between working the same muscle group twice. Since the arms are relatively smaller muscles, they recover faster. That way i figure 4 days of rest is enough. on day 6, 8 2 i work abs, upper abs on 6, lower on 8, and obliques on 2. This way i try to avoid overtraining my abs. I'm not saying that my workout will work for everyone, but i do think it's a good thing to do at least a 7 day rotation to make sure your muscles have enough time to recover. Remember, you only get stronger while you're resting. Also, i'm natural, so my recovery times will be higher than most peoples will on AS.

Also, biggerbri, if you suggested taking saturday and sunday off, it would be better to throw those off days in the middle of the week. cheers and good luck!

ps. i know there's a lot of information down here, don't follow anyone's specific instructions unless you really like them. what is important is the basic instinctive training. If a muscle group is still sore from your last workout, don't make it your primary muscle group to train that day. Make sure you're getting enough sleep too.

Thanks Enraged & Chris for all the info.

I think I will combine both of your ideas. I think' Chris' routine has a little too much rest in it for me being on a cycle.

I will do this:

Mon-Chest
    Tues-Legs
    Weds-Off (I will do some cardio/Abs)
    Thurs-Arms
    Fri-Back
    Sat-Shoulders
    Sun-Off

Not too worried about my arms they have always been naturally big and 17inches now...just lacking the definition due to the AS.

PS...Had to skip my leg day today...should I just take off tomorrow or start my chest and then do legs on Mond?

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Bri, I would encourage you not to work out 5 days in a row. I do a three on, one off, two on, one off split, and I feel this helps me to keep from overtraining. I like the split I just saw up there (CA? - I can't see who it was while I am typing the response) except for doing arms right next to back or chest. My split is similar, except I have a day between.

Monday - Off (who wants to work out on a Monday, its draining already)
    Tuesday - Legs
    Wednesday - Shoulders & Traps
    Thursday - Biceps, Triceps, Forearms (could throw in some light chest)
    Friday - Off (Again, who wants to workout on a Friday night? Relax)
    Saturday - Back & some rear Delts
    Sunday - Chest

This works for me because I work out at night. That is why its a bitch to hit the weights on Mon & Fri. Also, the two longest/toughest sessions - Back & Chest for me - are on the weekend when I usually have nothing else I need to do. Every body part/group gets a day, and is not recruited on consecutive days. Just thought I'd share my 2 cents. Maybe it will work for you, or maybe not?

T

So chris looking at your own shape in the mirror would you say your arms have suffered from no focus on them.
    I tried a push pull split once and found it to work very nicely. But i also had time to still do my 12 to 15 sets per body part. bri sounds like you have all the info you need. Becareful not to over train and eat,eat,eat
    good luck bro i will be looking for update pics in a few weeks

Thanks GUys for all the info.

I am going to take today off (Sunday) and start my new routine tomorrow. I am going to go with what I posted earlier and see what happens.

You guys have been great.

Enraged,

Anyway I can move one of my late in the week days to have Sat or Sun off?

better but try this
    monday-chest
    tuesday-legs
    wednesday-off
    thursday-shoulder
    friday-off
    saturday arms
    saturday-back

Any Ideas?

Never even thought to ask but are you limited in time you can spend in the gym at all

Well,

Would love to have one weekend day off...that is my free time

Quote Originally Posted by ENraged
    Never even thought to ask but are you limited in time you can spend in the gym at all
    you could always do a push pull split takes longer per workout but it allows for more rest time. you are bulking and probly doing alot of power movements anyways.
    Just another thought i was having
    Monday - Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday - Legs
    Wednesday - off
    Thursday - Shoulders
    Friday - Back/Biceps
    Saturday - off
    Sunday - off

Ok guys, starting week 7 today with my QUAD injection. Got on the scale to see I am down 2lbs this week. I am assuming this is water weight I am losing from the DBOL , so I am not too upset, but I don't want this downward trend to continue for long:

Week 1 203.5lbs
    Week 2 207.5lbs
    Week 3 212.0lbs
    Week 4 215.5lbs
    Week 5 216.0lbs
    Week 6 218.0lbs
    Week 7 216.0lbs

Today was chest day and wasn't a bad workout. Not feeling the awesome strength that I had about 3week ago. My increases in adding weight have leveled off.

This might sound weird to you guys but I never do straight bench presses. I seem to have a shoulder problem that makes them very hard for me to do. So over the years I have done Smith benches or Hammer Strength presses and seemed to have done OK. I tried a regular flat bench today for the first time in a long time and hoped it could do it...well no such luck had about 140lbs on it and was struggling. When I do the Smith or Hammer stuff I can go to 225 for about 4-6 reps. Just pisses me off to see these 18yr olds benching 200-250 w/o a problem.

Gonna take some pics later.

If you can't do flat bench, you've got to at least do dumbell bench. Smith/hammer strength machines will not strengthen your stabilizer muscles. They just don't build muscle as effectively. Try weighted dips in your routine. They're great (as tony the tiger would say)

is this shoulder problem a painful thing? If not, then you've got to get on the flat bench and start working, even if it's only with 135 and strengthen yourself up.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-23-2003 at 06:19 PM.

Its not painful, just very weak on the one side. Since I have no workout partner, I always shyed away from doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    Its not painful, just very weak on the one side. Since I have no workout partner, I always shyed away from doing them.
    A friend of mine had a very similar problem, in weakness in one side. he was born with one side of his ribcage flatter than the other, so bench press was difficult as his body was out of line. He started doing a lot of pushups, and oddly enough, his chest/ribcage have appeared to level out. Now he can do bench without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    A friend of mine had a very similar problem, in weakness in one side. he was born with one side of his ribcage flatter than the other, so bench press was difficult as his body was out of line. He started doing a lot of pushups, and oddly enough, his chest/ribcage have appeared to level out. Now he can do bench without a problem.
    yup he nailed that one push ups with your own bosy weight should start to help bridge the gap. I have all so seen guys with lagging sides doing dumbell presses and hitting the weak side with an extra set or to
    god luck

Using dumbells gives you a more free range of motion so they could be a lot better for you. Pluss some people are just not that strong on the bench. Doing flat barbell benching incorporates a lot of the front delts and triceps. I dont know how you personally feel about these body parts, but once these start becomming more stronger you should notice a increase in strenth on compound chest movements. I personally prefer dumbells for chest incline and flat and my strength and growth is still increasing without using flat bench press.

Thanks guys for the help once again. I do dumbell presses and I am OK with them I ussually top out at around 75-80lbs on them....that is too bad is it?

Actually I got in a car accident about 5yr ago and during my physical therapy one of the therapist noticed that I was born with one arm almost 2inches longer than the other....Me or no one else noticed this my entire life. I have always wondered if that was the cause of my problems with the flat bench.

Anyway, I wanted, with the help of you guys to go down my routine day by day and see what you thought of the exercises I was doing. We will start with my chest day...here is what it looks like (remember I can sticking with 4,5,6 core exercises)

Chest Day
    Dumbell Presses 6 sets (Starting at 55lbs up to 75/80)
    Incline Bench (Barbell) 6 sets (Start at 140 up to 200lbs)
    Pec Dec Machine 5-6 sets (Start at 150 up to 200)
    Decline Bench (Just started doing these again)
    Usually through in some cable work to either Incline Cables or standing.
    I also will throw in some sets of Hammer Strength Chest machines (Incline, Decline, Flat Bench, etc)

I am also thinking of adding the weighted dips that many of you suggested.

Any thoughts?

Keep us posted on if you see strength gains faster now as well

New Pics Week 7

New Pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BiggerBri Cylce Diary-9-23a.jpg   BiggerBri Cylce Diary-9-23b.jpg   BiggerBri Cylce Diary-9-23c.jpg   BiggerBri Cylce Diary-9-23d.jpg   BiggerBri Cylce Diary-9-23e.jpg  

More Pics

More Pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BiggerBri Cylce Diary-9-23f.jpg   BiggerBri Cylce Diary-9-23g.jpg  

Let me know what you guys think of the pick...feeling big...but a little fat too. I guess that is to be expected on a bulking cycle.

PS. I know most of you guys think my chest is week...and I somewhat agree. but my pics never do my chest justice. I have gotten compliments on it in the gym so it can't be that bad.

Never realized until you said anything. It's the right arm that's longer, correct? Don't worry about the weak chest, everyone has a lagging body part, and in most cases, it's not what you lift, but how you look, right? I lift pretty heavy especially for my size.. but fact of the matter is i'm small. I could square off against a guy 5 inches taller than me and 40 lbs heavier and lay the smackdown.. but at the begining, the bets would go on the big guy. I guess you know what i'm saying.

Chris....yep it is my right arm. Yeah, looks is my concern too...i am not a bragger about how much I can bench...I hate dudes like that.

So what you think of my new pics?

Hey guys...any thoughts on the chest workout? The pics? Were they that unispiring?

Anyway, did my second injection of the week today in the DELTS. I was gonna try BI's but decided to hold off on them until Monday. Also, may try my PECS next week too, but some guys are telling me you have to be careful with PECS cause you can tear muscle tissue very easily when you inject....true?

Hi
    Id cut down what you do on the chest. I personally think it’s too much. If you stick to 4 sets with 4 exercises that is plenty. Plus with only doing 4 sets at a time you should be a lot stronger when you come to do you last exercises. On sticking a pin in your chest. FUCK that!!! You could do some proper damage. And don’t take it the wrong way but you don’t seem to be at a level in bodybuilding where you have to sight inject. Keep it to the large muscles. Gluts, quads and if you have to delts.

Yea the chest is a tricky subject i have seen al kinds of info saying that it is only one muscle and should shouldnt be in need of hitting with all those different sets and angles. buteither way you are going over board again. hit it high,low and midle no need to toss in all that other stuff you are trying to build them not define them. save that stuff for when you are 200 of raw muscle. for now do strenght moves and push around the weight. you will grow them
    Last edited by ENraged; 09-26-2003 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks for the info guys. I do agree with you at this point, I need to build as much size and mass in my chest as possible. I think I will stick with the following four exercises:

Flat Bench (Most likely barbell)
    Decline Bench
    Pec Deck
    Flyes (either dumbell or cable)

How does that sound? I know its gonna drive me crazy cause when Im in the gym, I just wanna keep going and going.

Lets get some thoughts on a back workout?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information