Thread: extremely new

j_berry2756 is offline New Member

extremely new

hey everyone, i just joined the site, there's an overwhelming amount of great info in here.

i've been lifting for about a year, started at around 155 pounds, 6'2" tall. i wieghed in today at 172, so i'm seeing small, steady gains. i also have been working out 5x a week and doing cardio 4x a week, +snowboarding 2-3x a week, so i think i should be gaining more or at least losing some body fat.

which is how i ended up here, i recently found out that a lot of my friends from school have been using steriods so see their gains, and after seeing one kid go from 6'3" and 150 pounds to 210 pounds in six months, i decided i need an edge.

so i hope you guys can help me and i'll be doing a lot of reading.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Welcome to AR

Don't be so quick to jump on steroids , as your friends probably have no idea what they are doing , and although they may be seeing gains now, they probably won't be able to keep them long term if they don't know how to gain naturally to their natural potential

believe it or not, at 6'2" you should be able to get to 220lbs with just proper diet and training

if you can't do that naturally, then you won't be able to stay there with steroids

what are the rest of your stats

goals for using steroids

i just turned 19 years old, not sure about my body fat %, i can post a pic, it looks like more people on here can judge pretty accurately just from a pic.

my goal is to weigh 210 lbs

i just did an online body fat test, took some measurements, and it said 10% body fat, but i think thats low.

i want to be around 7-8% body fat.

ok, do you realize that at 19 your natural hormone levels are surging ? and at the highest they will be in your life?

is there a reason you want to SHUT THEM DOWN and risk not getting them back to their full natural levels?

I am sure there are things that your friends dont think about or connsider when they jump on steroids like

Your growth plates maintain open and growing until your mid 20's until they fuse
    Using steroids now could prematurely fuse your growth plates

depending on what your friends are using, ( most commonly used by kids is Dbol ) the weight they are packing on is WATER WEIGHT, which will drop off as soon as they are done using that.

Diet is 89.99 % of making the gains you want

ya thats the response i got when i asked what they were using "uhh....d-ball, i think" ...i know these guys aren't that smart, and i read about the growth plates, but i dont want to be any taller, however i read that it might make my shoulders stay the same witdth, which is not what i want becasue my shoulders are pretty narrow for how tall i am.

even though the weight on my friends might be water weight, i watched one put up 275 on the bench the other day....i can't seem to touch 150

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Welcome!!!
    Still young for AAS! you can gain naturally...
    Diet is the key also training and rest!

i think i need to learn the right amount of rest time. i'm really looking for gains in back and chest, and arms wouldn't hurt either. my legs are stronger than my friends that are on steroids .

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    You could post your training at the workout section then we can help you there...

49yrsyoung is offline Member
    welcome !

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by j_berry2756 View Post
    ya thats the response i got when i asked what they were using "uhh....d-ball, i think" ...i know these guys aren't that smart, and i read about the growth plates, but i dont want to be any taller, however i read that it might make my shoulders stay the same witdth, which is not what i want becasue my shoulders are pretty narrow for how tall i am.

even though the weight on my friends might be water weight, i watched one put up 275 on the bench the other day....i can't seem to touch 150
    Yes, that is the SAD thing. Dbol WILL make you stronger, BUT that is temporary also, so dont' let the short term get the best of you.

Your friends are going to be all depressed and confused when they lose EVERYTHING they gained and possibly their libido as well !!

stick around and learn how to do this correctly

This is a marathon, NOT a sprint

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    You could post your training at the workout section then we can help you there...
    alright, will do, i'll keep a detailed log for a week and then post it there for you guys to rip apart. lol

sweet-jayne is offline Female Member
    Welcome J! Trust in what these guys have to tell you. They know their stuff and they only want to help!

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    Welcome

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome to the boards. But you are too young for gear.

Thread Information