Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    They do so serve a purpose...I once went hunting with an AR-15.
    Was it more effective than my Winchester 30-30 or my bolt action .308? If you are trying to make a point that its an effective hunting rifle then, ok. Yeah its effective just like any other firearm/rifle can be used for hunting. But is it necessary? Could you not do the same thing with the above mentioned weapons?

I own two assault weapons (M4 and an MP5), my job allows me to own these weapons, but I also recognize what these weapons are for and we use them as such (no I'm not in the military or law enforcement but I do work for a private security firm that specializes in diplomatic security). I know these weapons aren't for home defense or hunting. I also know that it took extensive training to use these weapons properly and I would not trust these weapons in the hands of the average citizen.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Was it more effective than my Winchester 30-30 or my bolt action .308? If you are trying to make a point that its an effective hunting rifle then, ok. Yeah its effective just like any other firearm/rifle can be used for hunting. But is it necessary? Could you not do the same thing with the above mentioned weapons?

I own two assault weapons (M4 and an MP5), my job allows me to own these weapons, but I also recognize what these weapons are for and we use them as such (no I'm not in the military or law enforcement but I do work for a private security firm that specializes in diplomatic security). I know these weapons aren't for home defense or hunting. I also know that it took extensive training to use these weapons properly and I would not trust these weapons in the hands of the average citizen.
    I wasn't actually trying to make a point with that one, just being an asshole. But yes it was effective in that it killed the animal. Was it necessary? No...is hunting necessary? No.

You wouldn't trust assault weapons in the hands of the average citizen, but you'd trust pistols? I don't see the logic there. A pistol can be effectively just as dangerous as an assault rifle in certain situations. Cho walked around VT with pistols and killed 32 people, furthermore, he had terrible aim, and I'd bet money that his reloads were slow and labored.

Here's the thing...when you ban assault rifles, that legitimizes ignorance, hysteria and hype. It paves the way for the banning of other and all weapons. A country that does not allow me to own weapons as a private citizen, is not a country that I'm going to live in.

I'm cool with licensing and registering firearms, even mandatory classes beyond the bullshit CCW class...but an outright ban on assault weapons? No thanks.

As far as home defense, I would use my M4 for just that. I've found that for me, an M4 with a 10" barrel is the best close quarters weapon. I was taught the Rules of Action quite some time ago. They've been proven time and time again to work.
    Last edited by Nooomoto; 03-11-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Thread Information