dthig is offline New Member
    Blog Entries

Looking for advice at the age of 46

It's that time of year when I start to think of all the things I want to accomplish in life. I have lost 70 pounds in the last 6 months or so. No workout, no running, no exercise to speak of just eating every 3 hours, mostly bananas, chicken breast, rice, and healthy snack bars. I eat when i am hungry and I do not eat till i feel "full". I eat till I am no longer hungry. I went from sales to being an over night stocker at a major department store and I am positive that I am stronger/more fit throwing boxes 8 hours a night. Also, I drink pretty much bottled water and coffee. No sodas! So now I am down from a fat 248 to a pretty lean 179.

I am very interested in gaining muscle mass, however at 46, I wonder about my natural testosterone levels . I found a gym that is subsided by the city that I can join for $10 per year! Yes, per year. I can run the one mile to the gym, workout, then run maybe 3 miles home.

I have read tons of web sites, blogs, and forums regarding steroids . I am concerned about the obvious issues and the fact that I haven't even been inside a gym in several years. The "cycle" I am considering is 12 weeks of 200mgs of Testosterone (Cypionate ) with 10mgs of dianabol (first 4 weeks). This is half the amount recommended so I will hopefully avoid the side effects. The dianabol is an option, but is supposed to help with the man boobs and other side effects.

My question is for advice from those who have cycled and are over 40. Any and all advice is very welcome.

thanks

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome! and congrats on the super weight loss.
    If you do not get much input here after awhile, then go on over to the Hormone Replacement Therapy forum or the Anabolic Q&A and read up on those forums and post another thread in the one you feel best suits your needs. This forum is sleepy sometimes unfortunately.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 12-16-2010 at 12:01 PM.

fjr02 is offline Junior Member
    dthig,

I'm 48 and I used gear in the early-mid 80's. We used quite a bit and had great results. I laid off for 20 yrs and am now training again. Still clean at this point. I've been back in the gym for a few years now and things have become stagnant, so I'm going to give SARMs a try beginning 03January. I'm familiar with the sides of cycling first hand. The acne, the gyno, the PCT. I had gyno surgically removed in '93.
    We'll see how the SARMs goes. If that doesn't pan out, I may go on a mellow cycle.

I'd also get a Test test from your Doctor, just to confirm where your levels are at now.

Since you have not been training lately I would not cycle yet. Give your body a chance to strengthen on it's own through normal clean lifting for a while. Get some good training books and learn to do it the right way.
    There a lot of decent over-the-counter pre-workout, post work-out products, & different styles of protein these days available for you.
    After a decent time period once you've hit a plateau, re-evaluate a cycle.

Just my opinion.

dthig is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fjr02 View Post
    dthig,

I'm 48 and I used gear in the early-mid 80's. We used quite a bit and had great results. I laid off for 20 yrs and am now training again. Still clean at this point. I've been back in the gym for a few years now and things have become stagnant, so I'm going to give SARMs a try beginning 03January. I'm familiar with the sides of cycling first hand. The acne, the gyno, the PCT. I had gyno surgically removed in '93.
    We'll see how the SARMs goes. If that doesn't pan out, I may go on a mellow cycle.

I'd also get a Test test from your Doctor, just to confirm where your levels are at now.

Since you have not been training lately I would not cycle yet. Give your body a chance to strengthen on it's own through normal clean lifting for a while. Get some good training books and learn to do it the right way.
    There a lot of decent over-the-counter pre-workout, post work-out products, & different styles of protein these days available for you.
    After a decent time period once you've hit a plateau, re-evaluate a cycle.

Just my opinion.
    thanks! that is the plan. It turns out my old doctor has been working in "age management" for several years now. I don't have any insurance and very limited money, but I sent him an email explaining my situation and asking for advice. I still don't believe it, but he replied and told me he would call me this weekend out of the office to discuss it. A personal call, "out of the office". Crazy.

I have already started researching what and how much to eat. Sure seems like a lot of food, but it is what it is.

Thanks again

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Check this out. Might be perfect timing! The trainers will really help you gain the muscle mass you want to gain. Hope you join in. All you have to do is announce you are interested and whether or not you want a trainer!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...tion-Challange

Thread Information