• 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By smccord798
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Clomid Dosage Question

smccord798 is offline New Member

Clomid Dosage Question

Hi Everyone,
    Pretty simple question: I am 50. I am coming off a Deca /Test cycle 300/250 1x/week for about 14 weeks. Last injection was 3 weeks ago. Little late but I wanted to start Clomid. Last time I took Clomid 50mg/day I had vision issues (blurred, seeing trails). I was going to reduce dosage to 25mg in hopes to avoid side effects. I know everyones physiological makeup is different but in general is 25 mg sufficient for pct? Plus, how many weeks is sufficient? I was thinking 6 weeks??
    Thanks

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smccord798 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Pretty simple question: I am 50. I am coming off a Deca /Test cycle 300/250 1x/week for about 14 weeks. Last injection was 3 weeks ago. Little late but I wanted to start Clomid. Last time I took Clomid 50mg/day I had vision issues (blurred, seeing trails). I was going to reduce dosage to 25mg in hopes to avoid side effects. I know everyones physiological makeup is different but in general is 25 mg sufficient for pct? Plus, how many weeks is sufficient? I was thinking 6 weeks??
    Thanks
    Do not use Clomid, use enclomiphene. Read this link for why: https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...formation.html

Did you use HCG during cycle?

Be advised that deca has a roughly 10 day half life, so it won't be out of your system for 50 days. The bottom line of that is that I would probably wait 4 maybe even 6 weeks after your last injection to start enclo. You can (and should) use HCG right up to the start of PCT.

Consider stacking enclomiphene with tamoxifen , read the planning my first cycle sticky for why.. Anyow, do enclo at 25mg a day for the first week, 12.5mg for the next 3 to 5 weeks, with maybe 10mg/5mg tamoxifen.

I would probably run a 6 week PCT seeing as deca is in the mix.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    At 50 why come off?
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    At 50 why come off?
    Kinda what i wondered. Trt seems wise.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    At 50 why come off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Kinda what i wondered. Trt seems wise.
    Completely missed that age thing.

Definitely agree with these gents. Do the TRT thing, man. At 50, cycling and PCT'ing is likely harder on the body than TRT with a little blast and cruise action.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Do not use Clomid, use enclomiphene. Read this link for why: https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...formation.html

Did you use HCG during cycle?

Be advised that deca has a roughly 10 day half life, so it won't be out of your system for 50 days. The bottom line of that is that I would probably wait 4 maybe even 6 weeks after your last injection to start enclo. You can (and should) use HCG right up to the start of PCT.

Consider stacking enclomiphene with tamoxifen , read the planning my first cycle sticky for why.. Anyow, do enclo at 25mg a day for the first week, 12.5mg for the next 3 to 5 weeks, with maybe 10mg/5mg tamoxifen.

I would probably run a 6 week PCT seeing as deca is in the mix.
    I am sorry. I completely forgot I posted this question a month ago. Thank you for all the advice. I am still just thinking the TRT route. Guess just having trouble accepting it.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Yes. I am starting to consider just TRT dosage once a week,

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Yes. I am starting to consider just TRT dosage once a week,
    Lots of us split that testosterone weekly dosage in 2 injections/week.
    Last edited by almostgone; 12-28-2023 at 05:59 PM.
    Cylon357 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    I am sorry. I completely forgot I posted this question a month ago. Thank you for all the advice. I am still just thinking the TRT route. Guess just having trouble accepting it.
    I can kind of understand. But here is the deal: we are 50+. Live life well all the time (TRT cruise), with the occasional "OMG I am Hercules" moment (blast), or live life really well (OMG I am Zeus!) (cycle) with the matching "I fell like dog poop" (PCT).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Lots of us split that testosterone weekly dosage in 2 injections/week.
    This IS the way.

Yes I agree. I appreciate the advice. If you don't mind I am want to share what my plan is. I am thinking 250/week of test E (possibly split as you suggested). I have deca on hand which I would like to use (especially because it helps with my joints) as a blast period, then go back to maintaining test schedule. I do have to admit I usually start a new cycle with Anadrol 25mg/day for 2-3 weeks for a boost before test kicks in. I know this does not seem wise or necessary but thinking about it. What are your thoughts on SubQ, I see that's getting popular? I would like to avoid IM if possible but not necessary. Do you have any suggestions on length of time and gear choice for blast periods that are safe and effective? I really appreciate it, especially coming from someone my age.

Blog Entries
    Yes I agree. I appreciate the advice. If you don't mind I am want to share what my plan is. I am thinking 250/week of test E (possibly split as you suggested). I have deca on hand which I would like to use (especially because it helps with my joints) as a blast period, then go back to maintaining test schedule. I do have to admit I usually start a new cycle with Anadrol 25mg/day for 2-3 weeks for a boost before test kicks in. I know this does not seem wise or necessary but thinking about it. What are your thoughts on SubQ, I see that's getting popular? I would like to avoid IM if possible but not necessary. Do you have any suggestions on length of time and gear choice for blast periods that are safe and effective? I really appreciate it, especially coming from someone my age.
    I sub-q everything so far. This includes test, mast, npp and primo at various times. When I am blasting, I use a brand with GSO as the carrier and it works up to about .50 ml sub-q, though i have gone as high as .65 ml once.

I probably would stay at .50 or less, and no more than 4 shots per week, but that is just me. I inject in the fatty tissue on the glutes, alternating sides. You probably could do more than 4 shots per week if you absorb well sub-q. I do, but still like to have a couple of days between injections on the same side.

To add, if you are pondering daily injections sub-q for a blast, I would say give IM some serious consideration. You could probably do that same 6 or 7 sub-q shots as 2 IM. The particular esters at play would impact that decision, too.

Thank you for all your input

Thread Information