TJsurgRehab22 is offline Junior Member

does flexibility affect gains in strength?

I have really terrible posture which has caused my shoulders to round and hip flexors to tighten as well as being really inflexible in general. i was just wondering whether or not being inflexible is causing slow strength gains? i had read somewhere that inflexibility and imbalances in the body can make this happen. any input is helpful!

Sidney is offline New Member
    I am not agree with this statement because flexibility is entirely different from the strength. We can't get the strength by the use of the flexibility. We should not waste our time by such old concept.

laguna beach health club
    Last edited by Sidney; 09-10-2011 at 10:06 AM.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    It is true. Flexibilty has everything to do with Range of motion. With bad posture comes platoues in strength and serious potential for injurt. From your imbalances you should be doing this everyday: Stretch-pecs/anterior delts/quads and hipflexors

Activation exercise (light isolation exersice) for hamstrings/glutes/mid traps and rhomboids

These stretches and activation exercises will balance out your body allowing you to be more metabolic in your movments and less risk of injury

Catdad is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1986
    It is true. Flexibilty has everything to do with Range of motion. With bad posture comes platoues in strength and serious potential for injurt. From your imbalances you should be doing this everyday: Stretch-pecs/anterior delts/quads and hipflexors

Activation exercise (light isolation exersice) for hamstrings/glutes/mid traps and rhomboids

These stretches and activation exercises will balance out your body allowing you to be more metabolic in your movments and less risk of injury
    Well said.

kolaking is offline Associate Member
    Stretching and flexibilty is just a good attribute anyway, Promotes better blood and Oxygen flow to muscles and protects your joints and connective tissues from injury.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member

Originally Posted by brad1986

Well said.

I would agree...other than the use of the word metabolic, did you mean to say anatomic as in anatomically correct? Or am I missing something?

Thread Information