Thread: Protein Bread

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member

Protein Bread

I have yet to try this recipe since i dont have regular whey without flavor but i think this will be a good eat. Had to share!!! Borrowed it from an article posted by bodybuilding.com

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-...=facenutrition

Protein Powder Chef! Do You Have a Recipe for Protein White Bread?
    Thanks for your question! I get this request often because people on a diet usually cut white bread and pasta almost immediately. Then, pasta and bread become two of the things that dieters miss the most! After all, how do you make a proper sandwich without bread? How do you make toast? What do use to soak up your egg yolks?

You make my protein bread, that's how! Instead of being high in simple carbohydrates like regular bread, my bread is high in protein, fiber, and it's packed with other good nutrients. You can even make it gluten-free by using buckwheat and quinoa instead of oats.

You can play around with this recipe, too! Add flaxseed, nuts, seeds, and herbs to the mix. Rosemary works beautifully in protein bread, as do basil and oregano! You can also add sundried tomatoes, olives, or, well ... anything. The possibilities are endless!

Making my bread is easy too: All you need to do is round up a few basic ingredients, blend them, and pop the batter in the oven. Let's bake!

Protein Bread ///

Ingredients

5 egg whites
    1/4 cup pumpkin puree (or cooked sweet potato!)
    1/2 cup unflavored whey protein powder
    1 tbsp quinoa flakes (or oats)
    1/4 cup buckwheat flakes
    1 tbsp coconut flour
    1/2 cup milk (coconut milk, rice milk, or almond milk work best)
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp sea salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 320 degrees F (160 C).
    Using a handheld blender or mixer, blend together all the ingredients to create a smooth batter.
    Pour batter into a small bread loaf tin (I use silicone), and bake it for about 40 minutes or until your knife comes out clean when you stab the bread.
    Done!

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size (1 slice)
    Recipe yields 10 slices
    Amount per serving
    Calories 54
    Total Fat1 g
    Total Carb5.9 g
    Protein5.4 g

Notes: As soon as this bread comes out of the oven, cut a slice and spread some grass-fed butter or peanut butter on top! It's delicious.

Also, soak a slice or two in eggs and milk and fry it up for protein French toast! It's amazing with Walden Farms Calorie-Free Pancake Syrup.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    will try this

ill let ya know if it's any good

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Sounds very good!

Thread Information