Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jkb1116 is offline Junior Member

Trimming down, but still a big mofo

hey folks, been lurking around here for quite some time and I have gathered alot of info from here.

So here is the deal, I use to be active (play football, basketball and baseball) until I got out of college (lets just say they asked me to leave ). After that I got into automotive sales and marketing and traveled the nation every week to set up sales and teach the dealership employees how to properly do things. well, due to working 13+ hours 6 days a week and spending all day sunday on a flight to the next town, I just didnt have the time to do anything productive to my health. And also the only thing to eat was fast food, so I was eating out 3 times a day every day. Due to that, I balooned up to 298 lbs. Man that sucked a$$.

Anyway, my brother and I started working out (was with Gold's because you can go to any gym when you are a member) and started the routine.

I quickly started to lose some weight, however I didnt want to just do straight cardio and lose alot of weight with no muscle (giving me that AIDS look), so I focused on building up some muscle and was going to figure out the weight loss later.

I worked out 7 days a week for 6 months straight and was getting to be in awesome shape. I was around 270 by that time.

Then, my brother went back to school and left me with nobody to train with, and I started getting real busy at work again so I fell off the workout train for 2 months.

Then a buddy of mine talked me into joining a gym at the hospital(man this gym is ballin, way nicer than any other gym that I have gone to), so I said yeah, and since October 1st we have been hitting the gym hard. I am now down to 251 lbs and pretty strong.

Well since then, I just came back to college (East Carolina University) and starting working out at the rec center. It is a little different for me to go without a partner, but I have learned so much that I dont really need one. All I need is my Zune (microsoft) and my shaker cup and I am ready.

So here are a few pics of me now. Just to let you know, I went from 298 to 251 (which I dont have pics of the 298) but I have gained quite a bit of muscle. here are the stats:

Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 251
    BF%: ???

And so far I am just taking the standard supplements:

no xplode
    xtend (during workout, not the wang enlargement pills)
    cellmass
    optimum 100%whey
    optimum nitro core 24
    controlled labs blue up
    optimum opti men multi

Now I have tried clen , but not long and I am just getting my body to the best possible without it and then I will go for it to get the better results.

Oh yeah, and the cool thing about the little bit of weight that I lost is that I went from a size 42 pants to a 36!!

I use to do little cardio which was just a 10-20 minute warm up walk before working out. Now I have a 20 minute walk just to get to the gym, then I do a 10 minute run/walk for warm up, and then work out and I follow it up to doing a rotation. I run for 10 minutes straight, then I go to the plyometric (sp?) machine and do 15 minutes at a pretty fast pace, then go to the bike for 15 minutes and then do 5 minutes of the stair climber (I really hate that sob). Then I have a 20 minute walk back to my apartment. So, as you can see there is quite a bit more cardio than the usual, and also I throw in some raquetball and basketball in the mix sometimes too. So, hopefully I will see a little weight go away pretty soon.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    welcome.

298 to 250 is impressive. keep it up.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    congrats on your progress ...keep it up...

thanks folks!!!

UncleD is offline Associate Member
    bf looks in the 30% range but another 30lbs of pure fat loss could cut that in half

have no idea on bf, but I am going to start doing more cardio and lowering the calories.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Keep at it mate, the hard work will soon pay off!

Ljavy17 is offline Associate Member
    I think you should drop the cellmass for now. Too many fat cells = More place to hold water = Makes you look Bigger than you really are.
    Increase Cardio, You will see a big improvement once you start doing cardio every single morning on an empty Stomach, Thats how I got jacked. No excuses. You need to forget weight training and spend time in that treatmill like it was your Home.
    Actually the treatmill is your home when you are cutting, Thats the only place where you Belong ( thats my state of mind whille cutting ) it works. lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jkb1116 View Post
    And so far I am just taking the standard supplements:

no xplode
    xtend (during workout, not the wang enlargement pills)
    cellmass
    optimum 100%whey
    optimum nitro core 24
    controlled labs blue up
    optimum opti men multi

Now I have tried clen, but not long and I am just getting my body to the best possible without it and then I will go for it to get the better results.
    You dont need any of that junk. With some hard work you'll be fine.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    You dont need any of that junk. With some hard work you'll be fine.

AGREED!! diet and cardio are you're new best friends....great results so far!!

Keep up the hard work and keep us posted!!

yep, started doing a ton of cardio. I still work out though, only now it is with lower weight and a ton of reps.

keep checking this because I will put updates soon.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Good work dude. People like you are inspirational !!! Have your checked out our Diet forum ? It will help you a lot http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...daysprune=&f=6 especially the threads marked - Important - at the top of the page

thanks Kale, I will definitely do the research to come up with a proper diet.

Thanks for the support guys

natureboy is offline Member
    Nice job so far and good luck with reaching your goals.

update, I upped the cardio this week and I am down to 244.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Great keep up the good work bro

hey, I weighed just a little bit ago and I was 241. Not too shabby

here is an update. Ill let the picture do the talking

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    keep it up. just keep losing weight and never look back

Alright folks, here is the update. I am primarily focusing on cardio now, with just a bit of weight training thrown in. It took me a little to get used to it, but all in all, not too bad. Here are some pics of where I am now.

cowboycnet is offline New Member
    I'm in the same boat as jkb1116 as far as gaining weight over time with out a plan. Letting life live me and not living life. Just bought a membership at Spectrum Fitness and plan on living on the tread mill. 80% of my focus is on a diet and the other 20% is on the work-out plan. This really helped to read this thread and this forum is the shizznittle.

NBRD1808 is offline Associate Member
    top work mate the weight is coming down progressively so your on the right track. your cardio is in check maybe you could try a 3day split for weights as well??? just a suggestion. keep it up man

412smb412 is offline New Member
    big improvement keep it steady dont give up ur on the right track

alright folks, I havent stopped this, just been real busy to give updates. I still do cardio, but i have gone back to doing some weights more because I felt like I was getting alot weaker. So, I have managed to get my strength back and I am hovering that 233-235 weight right now, so I am satisfied so far. I do plan on going back to straight cardio in the next week or so, so I will keep you folks updated. I am not giving up on this and I cannot wait to see what the end results will be!

makod is offline Associate Member
    when i saw the first photo i thought someone had gotten a picture of my body and put it up. His first picture is what i looked like 2 months ago and his last one where the stomach is going is what i look like now.

Next week im going to start hard cardio with clen but i also have the same concern as you as loosing muscle(and looking like a pencil) and getting weak. I have come to the conclusion that if you and i want to loose fat but keep as much muscle and strength we will still have to do weights. My plan is cardio 5-6 days and 3 days weights of Chest, Shoulders/tris and back. Legs will be trained by running/sprints. I would do biceps but i have an injury to my right wrist so im going to let it heal.

Good luck!

Yeah, you are right makod, I want to loose the weight, but really dont want to loose the muscle along with it. I have been trying a few different things in the gym to figure out what is right for me, but I figure that if I have to give a little to get a little, then so be it. The thing to do would be to cut down as much as possible, then build back up from there.

And an update, I am still in the low 230's. I have started running a whole lot more than usual, so I should be seeing a little difference soon.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    It looks like you lost a lot in your face which is VERY good. GREAT progress this should be inspirational for a LOT of people

congratulations on your progress.so many people underestemate the power of hard work and dedication.your doing so well,keep it up.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    nice man, keep on going. weight is dropping like crazy.

ademar1030 is offline New Member
    nice work bro

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep up the excellent work bro!

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    nice work bro, very nice!

ph34rsh4ck is offline Member
    picard.jpeg

Jackandcoke is offline New Member
    awesome bro. Im soon to start this adventure. Just started it already. Can't wait to see the results and I hope you get your goals!

hey guys, been a little while but I am still going strong. I am finally in the 220's!!(227 to be exact). Didnt seem like it was that hard from 250 to 230, but it has been hard since then.

Let me finish off the month of June and I will get some pics up. I have been doing cardio 5 days a week at 45 minutes, but today I started doing more intense cardio and I think it will definitely help with the weight loss.

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    good job looking forward to seeing ur progress

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    keep up the hard work bud! congrats on progress so far!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information