honda4life is offline Junior Member

Indigestion with whey protein...

Has anyone or does anyone have a indigestion problem with protein drinks? Everytime I take em I get a real bad cramp in my stomach, like I got a bunch of air trapped and cant burp an it gets to the point my mouth starts to water and I start throwin up. Anyone else had this problem? Its a pian in tha ass. I need protein it just makes me sick. I might have to stick to plain eggs and chicken and fish all day...

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Are you lactose intolerant? Try to find a whey mix that includes lactase(enzyme that helps you digest lactose). I use optimum nutrition gold standard whey protein. I had the same kind of problems as you before with a bunch of other diff brands. Well I never threw up but i'd get bad stomach cramps and gas/bloating.

SuperChicken1 is offline Junior Member
    you can try whey isolate...it is more expensive but doesn't seem to give the same problems...it is about the same cost from everyone as it is patented and only comes from one bulk source. I use trueprotein.com's because I get to choose my flavor and sweetner. It mixes extremely well with water and is almost clear. I like the leamonade flavor...especially in the summer.

You can use my discount code for an extra 5% jhx455.

You can also buy lactose enzymes pretty cheap. Try thropnutrition.com

SC1

Thread Information