cynful is offline New Member

Exclamation my liver needs your help

what can i take to help me recover from all the oral shit i had taken and also how long will it take to be back the it should be

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    From what it sounds like you didnt take any liver support during you cycle (which is stupid IMO) like milk thistle. You should be taking milk thistle or something like it. Your liver is suppose to heal its self pretty fast so if it doesnt get better the smart thing to do would be to go see a doc and have them check it out.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by cynful
    what can i take to help me recover from all the oral shit i had taken and also how long will it take to be back the it should be
    You could take Anabolic Xtreme's Perfect Cycle.

Go see a doctor.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    How do you know your liver is in bad shape? Did you get bloodwork? If so what did the results come back as? And what orals have you run at what dosage and for how long? Bloodwork is the only thing that's gonna tell you if your liver values are ok..because I sure as hell have no idea.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    YEs have some tests done and Milk Thistle with some NAC while on would have been beneficial. Having said that the liver is a resilient organ and youll probably be alright but research before embarking on the route of AAS

rake922 is offline Banned
    I know people mean well with reccomending the 'liver protection supplements', but it's pretty much a huge racket to make people money.

These products (liver protectors) were designed to offset the symptoms
    of bacterial or viral hepatitis and fatty liver disease/cirrhosis. Yes, in
    those conditions, LFT's may be elevated quite a bit but the underlying
    mechanism causing the increase in LFT's is vastly different then the
    *potential* rise in LFT's related to C-17a alkylated steroids .

So these "liver supps" probably won't do squat WRT to "protecting
    your liver" against this mysterious quasi-phantom "liver problem"
    everyone thinks orals cause.

Your liver is a very resilient organ - you would have to be down to
    less than 10% liver function before you would die as an FYI

Liver toxicity is overblown (greatly) and has only been documented
    with the methylated stuff and only with a few of them anyhow.
    And, liver enzyme levels will usually, but not always, go back to normal
    within 90 days of someone stopping use all on their own.

Just because oral steroids "allegedly" cause transaminase levels to rise
    a bit DOES NOT MEAN that the supplements you buy and use are going
    to reverse this (even if a bunch of good bros here who mean well are
    repeating unsubstantiated 'advice' they heard here or read over 'there'.

There is no proof...even of the really "stretched and embellished" proof
    that these liver "protectors" will protect against a rise in LFT's related
    to methyl anabolic oral use.

rake922 is offline Banned
    Anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity: is it overstated?

Researchers: Dickerman RD, Pertusi RM, Zachariah NY, Dufour DR, McConathy WJ

The Department of Biomedical Science, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth 76107-2699, USA.

Source: Clin J Sport Med 1999 Jan;9(1):34-9

Summary:

Subjects: The participants were bodybuilders taking self-directed regimens of anabolic steroids (n = 15) and bodybuilders not taking steroids (n = 10). Blood chemistry profiles from patients with viral hepatitis (n = 49) and exercising and non-exercising medical students (592) were used as controls.

Measurements: The focus of the blood chemistry profiles was on aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT), and creatine kinase (CK) levels. (All indicators of liver function.)

Results: In both groups of bodybuilders, CK, AST, and ALT were elevated, whereas GGT remained in the normal range. In contrast, patients with hepatitis had elevations of all three enzymes: ALT, AST, and GGT. Creatine kinase (CK) was elevated in all exercising groups. Patients with hepatitis were the only group in which a correlation was found between aminotransferases and GGT.

OBJECTIVE: There have been numerous reports of hepatic dysfunction secondary to anabolic steroid use based on elevated levels of serum aminotransferases. This study was conducted to distinguish between serum aminotransaminase elevations secondary to intense resistance training and anabolic steroid -induced hepatotoxicity in elite bodybuilders. DESIGN: This was a case-control study of serum chemistry profiles from bodybuilders using and not using anabolic steroids with comparisons to a cohort of medical students and patients with hepatitis. PARTICIPANTS: The participants were bodybuilders taking self-directed regimens of anabolic steroids (n = 15) and bodybuilders not taking steroids (n = 10). Blood chemistry profiles from patients with viral hepatitis (n = 49) and exercising and nonexercising medical students (592) were used as controls. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: The focus in blood chemistry profiles was aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT), and creatine kinase (CK) levels. RESULTS: In both groups of bodybuilders, CK, AST, and ALT were elevated, whereas GGT remained in the normal range. In contrast, patients with hepatitis had elevations of all three enzymes: ALT, AST, and GGT. Creatine kinase (CK) was elevated in all exercising groups. Patients with hepatitis were the only group in which a correlation was found between aminotransferases and GGT. CONCLUSION: Prior reports of anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity based on elevated aminotransferase levels may have been overstated, because no exercising subjects, including steroid users, demonstrated hepatic dysfunction based on GGT levels. Such reports may have misled the medical community to emphasize steroid-induced hepatotoxicity when interpreting elevated aminotransferase levels and disregard muscle damage. For these reasons, when evaluating hepatic function in cases of anabolic steroid therapy or abuse, CK and GGT levels should be considered in addition to ALT and AST levels as essential elements of the assessment.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    I hear what your saying rake but when I take liv52 I notice the difference in how I feel.

cynful is offline New Member
    i did get a blood work and my results where ast (sgot) 55 wich is high normal is 37 and alt(sgpt)was 84 normal is 40 i need to get this number down in 1 1/2 month

bigpopparich is offline Junior Member
    what are you taking to get it down right now ???? what su[pplements did you take to make them raise or did they just raise out of nowhjere on there own ?

Thread Information