finny is offline Associate Member

PWO dex/malto vs. juice(fructose)

Ok, I've been thinking today. I know, it doesn't happen too often.

Right now, I'm taking about 60g of dex/malto PWO with 50/50 split. On a simpler level, these are only simple sugars, nothing more. It started occuring to me that this might be a bit of a waste, at least from a nutritional perspective. What if I were to substitute 1 cup of juice for 30g of dextrose - they both have about he same sugar content. At least with juice, you're getting some extra benefits, vit C, antioxidants, etc.

Does it make sense?

If it's a good idea, are all juices fine or are some better than other for this purpose (orange, grape, apple, etc.). I'm looking at 100% juices.

Thanks.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Ill move this to the appropriate forum to be answered.

Anyone?

IronAdam is offline Member
    Lately I've been having a cup of 100% pomegranit juice and a whey shake, so far its going good. Pom juice is loaded with antioxidants and tastes awesome, only about 40g sugar per serving. You might as well try some different juices and see how you feel, its not gunna kill you. I used to do dex.malto pwo but it made me feel like passing out. The pom juice makes me feel great

Quote Originally Posted by finny
    Anyone?

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    someone on this forum told me to add powdered oats to my post wokrout shake for carbs, ive been doing ti ever since and love it

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    This has been a very debated issue a few years back, the advantage to dextro/malto mix is the sugar chains. Dextrose is glucose = instantly used, malto is longer chain so it takes some time to break down. Fructose has to be converted to glucose by the body before it can be used. Thus it was decided that dextrose was better because it was instantly utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpumpindoc
    This has been a very debated issue a few years back, the advantage to dextro/malto mix is the sugar chains. Dextrose is glucose = instantly used, malto is longer chain so it takes some time to break down. Fructose has to be converted to glucose by the body before it can be used. Thus it was decided that dextrose was better because it was instantly utilized.
    Thanks, makes perfect sense to me. Will stick with dex/malto.

For those that take dex/malto or that have stopped it due to upset stomach or not feeling too good after, try using 1l of water, 30g dex, 30g malto, 60-90g whey and drink it over 30 min time frame. Never had problems with it.

SaintGJR7 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SaintGJR7
    Yeah, I've read this one and many others before - good read though for others. I was just looking to see if juice would be as good, substituting for dex. Now, I know it's not...

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Ive also read, (not 100% sure its true)

That glucose (from malto/dex mix) ***osits in the muscle and that fructose ***osits in the liver,

I know from personal experience fruit is terriable to carb up on

Thread Information