Mr12inch is offline New Member

Workout/Diet/Supplement Questions. HELP!!

Okay i'll start off with my stats. I just turned 18 last week, i'm 5'5 and weigh 130lbs approximately 15% BF, I know, pathetic. Basically I was contemplating steroids , I had researched for months and was determined to start, But i came to the conclusion that I was too young and the side effects weren't worth the results. So i'm here because I really need help in terms of supplements as well as dieting. My stats are crappy AND I have a bit of body fat on me. I workout 4 days a week at moderate intensity and I don't really have a diet I just watch what I eat.

I'm trying to put on mass I recently bought a product called "ultimate nutrition advanced muscle mass formula" It contains 1020 calories per serving. I was wondering how many time i should take it and when on workout days and non workout days. I workout on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. And because i'm taking a mass gainer I was wondering if i can incorporate some cardio on non workout days just so i dont put on too much body fat because after ive bulked up enough i wanna cut up and have that lean look, I wanna know how much cardio i should do and when. Also do i need to diet whilst taking a mass gainer? or should i save my money for when im cutting because i'm not the wealthiest kid haha. I was wondering how long it would take me to put on like 20-40 pounds if im really committed plus i really wanna incorporate cardio just so i dont put on excess body fat. Yeah so i've definitely ruled juice out.

Thanks in advance to anybody who reads and/or replies.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Step over to the nutrition section and read the stickies. Plan a diet and post it there. You'll get sorted and headed I. The right direction in no time.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When you want to have lean gains, about the worst choice you can make is to chug a mass gainer that has 1020 calories per serving. This is almost half of your daily cal intake requirement if you look at it carefully... You realize most of those calories per serving come from fast acting processed carbs such as dextrose and maltodextrin, right? Between the content and quantity of carbs you will be getting per serving, it is inevitable not to promote fat retention since you are looking at a serious insulin spike.

I wish you had sought for further advice on this forum before making the purchase. My suggestion would be, take it back to the store if you still have the receipt and get yourself whey protein and micronized creatine monohydrate instead. You can add oats and creatine to your PWO protein shake and you got yourself a gainer.

As for your question whether you should also drink your mass gainer on non-workout days... Well, no.

You will start bloating and your BF% will rapidly increase soon.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 04-24-2012 at 02:52 AM.

adamjames is offline Member
    I use to take weightgainers but i gained too much fat although they are handy for getting in the calories thats for sure

now i use whey and add ground oats= win

drink the weightgainer in the morning or before say 1. pm then cut the carbs back in your latter meals.......could help : )

Thread Information