Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
Word to the wise... Never use a cordless impact on the bottom flange for mueller hydrants or extension risers. I have snapped several lol

Like the gratitude item as always.

I have installed a few hundred hydrants.
Hated leveling them but damn I was good at it.
Me and boss alone would do four in a day sometimes on new install.

Meanwhile a crew of four jagoffs would get one done.
I always built them to the line "tee" outside the hole and set them all at once with a trackhoe.

Other idiots were scared of fkin up on measurements and piece by piece put them together in the trench.

I never had a leak on new install of any water main.
We were the first crew to leave a job in Gladstone without a leak in 13 years. We repeated that on every job including KC ductile iron. I was eccentric.

Btw the milwakee fuel 1/2 inch bushless impact with 5.0 lithiulm ion batteries is the greatest impact I ever found for that work.

They would run a 5 gallon bucket of bolts to 180ft lb or higher with less than two batteries. I soaked them in sandy and muddy water every day and put them up wet and they would not die. Miracle machine.

I was better at that job than any employed position I ever had. They should have paid me in pussy and gear bonuses.
Lol @ busting flanges... I swear we are from the same cloth lol... I’ve yet to get to tap into an under ground main to either feed a hydrant or even feed a new building for the fire riser I install... out here only the city is allowed to touch the mains... so they tap them, stub them up and then I get to take over. Every tap has to have a gate valve after it. Which obviously I don’t mind since I gotta install after lol... but I end up putting 2 os&y valves with a dang double check back flow between in the fire vault, then a butterfly valve on the inside of the building on the riser itself... then over to their required gate valve after the tap... it’s crazy.. one effin line...

I couldn’t imagine running a line up from the underground tap that you had to level lol... that pipe is seriously the heaviest friggin pipe known to man... I can’t lift a 10’ stick by myself... I tried and thought I was going to blow out my butthole lol... it’s my goal though... just to show the others who’s the mule of the bunch lol

I’ve actually and seriously was just eyeballing the Milwaukee!! Today at the shop!! I’m so tired of the dewalts.. I break 2 a year easy... just through simple concrete I have to drill my anchors into...