Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: PB's eclectic log

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Duffer View Post
    Thanx for the update either way. It's not always sunshine and rainbows
    Ain't that the truth!
    Happy to have my evening workouts to look forward to!
    Old Duffer and Leggodess like this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    Thanks, C!
    I just came on the forum tonight to complain I had a shitty day.
    As far as training and diet go, I've stayed on track. Only 3 cardio sessions last week. It's gonna be hard getting cardio in this week, too
    Sorry for your bad day, but “only” 3 cardio?

Self accountability is great, but try not to beat yourself up too badly.

Have a better day today PB!

Will start my fasted cardio as soon as my cat gives me permission.
    PeanutbutterDC and Family_guy like this.

Leggodess is offline Female Member
    Thanks, C!
    I just came on the forum tonight to complain I had a shitty day.
    As far as training and diet go, I've stayed on track. Only 3 cardio sessions last week. It's gonna be hard getting cardio in this week, too
    It's ok, sometimes we have very good workouts, other days (weeks) we will have not so good workouts. The main thing is to get into the gym and do our best. A not so good workout is better then NO workout.

Keep at it. Don't give up. We all have your back. We will help encourage eachother and be more successful

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Got my 4 days cardio last week. Hitting the gym 4 or 5 days on/1 day off. Had a cheat meal Friday night. Very busy, productive weekend but managing to get meals prepped and training in, so that's good. Sleep has been good.
    My coach wanted me to switch up my cardio. Currently running or skating 4x/week 10-15 minutes HIIT and 20-30 minutes LISS. I do that in the morning or midday, then train at night. Now I'll be doing 8-15 minutes HIIT at the gym before training. It'll save a lot of time, but not as fun.
    Another training change: 30-40 second rest between sets. I started that last week. Again, it saves time but not as fun (bc have to use lower weights)
    I'm a big fan of switching up facets of my workout, and rest between sets is just one of the variables we can toy with. I try to keep my tut at 45-60 seconds, but sometimes fail sooner. Given I am training only for hypertrophy, any downsides to keeping my pace like this for a couple months?
    Obs, Old Duffer and Family_guy like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Got my 4 days cardio last week. Hitting the gym 4 or 5 days on/1 day off. Had a cheat meal Friday night. Very busy, productive weekend but managing to get meals prepped and training in, so that's good. Sleep has been good.
    My coach wanted me to switch up my cardio. Currently running or skating 4x/week 10-15 minutes HIIT and 20-30 minutes LISS. I do that in the morning or midday, then train at night. Now I'll be doing 8-15 minutes HIIT at the gym before training. It'll save a lot of time, but not as fun.
    Another training change: 30-40 second rest between sets. I started that last week. Again, it saves time but not as fun (bc have to use lower weights)
    I'm a big fan of switching up facets of my workout, and rest between sets is just one of the variables we can toy with. I try to keep my tut at 45-60 seconds, but sometimes fail sooner. Given I am training only for hypertrophy, any downsides to keeping my pace like this for a couple months?
    Not in my opinion.
    HIT is good for six weeks before you need a break to change up from my experience
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    That's a long time for TuT, is that for the whole set? I like to keep mine around 4-6 seconds per rep (depending on the exercise). If so, I guess I would be in the same ballpark.
    I am personally not a fan of HIIT before lifting. To my recollection, you only have about 45-60 minutes worth of glycogen stores (which is ideal for lifting) when working out with intensity. Then once those are depleted it switches over to use fat, which is ideal for cardio.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    That's a long time for TuT, is that for the whole set? I like to keep mine around 4-6 seconds per rep (depending on the exercise). If so, I guess I would be in the same ballpark.
    I am personally not a fan of HIIT before lifting. To my recollection, you only have about 45-60 minutes worth of glycogen stores (which is ideal for lifting) when working out with intensity. Then once those are depleted it switches over to use fat, which is ideal for cardio.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that was for the whole set, not a single rep

I'm on really low carbs so not sure about my glycogen stores

I'm on a 4-days on/ 1-day rest training cycle. Today *should* be a rest day but I planned to hit the gym tonight then take tomorrow and possibly Friday off bc my son's bday is tomorrow and my nephew is visiting from out of town for two days so we'll be really busy and getting to the gym will be tough.
    I am so exhausted though
    Not sure what to do
    Rest day today and probably tomorrow, and possibly Friday, too?
    Advice, please!
    Leggodess likes this.

Leggodess is offline Female Member
    I'm on a 4-days on/ 1-day rest training cycle. Today *should* be a rest day but I planned to hit the gym tonight then take tomorrow and possibly Friday off bc my son's bday is tomorrow and my nephew is visiting from out of town for two days so we'll be really busy and getting to the gym will be tough.
    I am so exhausted though
    Not sure what to do
    Rest day today and probably tomorrow, and possibly Friday, too?
    Advice, please!
    Stick to the plan. You can do it. Maybe you can have one day of high clean carbs. Sometimes the one day of high carbs can help when on a very low carb cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Leggodess View Post
    Stick to the plan. You can do it. Maybe you can have one day of high clean carbs. Sometimes the one day of high carbs can help when on a very low carb cycle.

Oh, no! I don't think I explained it right. The diet isn't a concern. It's getting out of family obligations all day, for two days, to go to the gym

I ended up texting my coach. He advised I take the time off. Working out as consistently as I do, the extra rest will probably help, not hurt

Thanks for responding, Goddess!
    Leggodess likes this.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Rest days are for the weak PB!

Just kidding. Family obligations are always conflicting with my gym time... And honestly, sometimes they conflict with my happiness too

Nonetheless, we do what we gotta do.

Sounds like things are going well, keep it up!

Best,
    C-
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information