i like
    back/bis
    chest/tri
    rest
    legs
    shoulders
    rest
    rest
    FOR ONE REASON... Chest on MONDAYS = NO BENCHS available.

haha thats one hell of a good point. but since chest hits most of the upper body i like being the mental state im in on mondays to hit it really hard.

just try to work your lagging bodyparts in the first couple days of the week

flexgolf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    chest/tri
    back/bis
    off
    shoulder/traps
    legs
    off
    off
    I have read several articles on AR saying that major muscle groups should not be worked on back to back days. At least 2 splits proposed on this thread violate this theory.....is there any way of separating my muscle groups to leave more rest time in between major muscle groups? I should mention my major weaknesses are in my arms. My chest, back and legs develop the easiest.

juicyr6 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    FOR ONE REASON... Chest on MONDAYS = NO BENCHS available.
    hahaha i totaqlly agree...i call it the "national chest day"

Quote Originally Posted by flexgolf
    I have read several articles on AR saying that major muscle groups should not be worked on back to back days. At least 2 splits proposed on this thread violate this theory.....is there any way of separating my muscle groups to leave more rest time in between major muscle groups? I should mention my major weaknesses are in my arms. My chest, back and legs develop the easiest.
    yeah train eod day...
    and since your arms are your weakness then do bis/tris togather, do them on the day of the week that you feel stronger, and then work the rest of your schedule around your arms, since thats the point u want to focus on more

Quote Originally Posted by juicyr6
    yeah train eod day...
    and since your arms are your weakness then do bis/tris togather, do them on the day of the week that you feel stronger, and then work the rest of your schedule around your arms, since thats the point u want to focus on more
    can u prescribe anything? i was thinkin maybe something like this

M-chest/shoulders
    T-off
    W-Back
    T-off
    F-bis/tris
    Sat-legs

what do yall think? feel free to make a switcharoos you would give. Im trying to separate back and chest by at least one day, and give arms one day based on this Juicy's idea.

i like it...u leaft back and legs by itself which are the bigeest boy groups...you grouped chest and shoulder (both pressers) and left bis/tris by itself...
    with 3 days off...is friday the day u feel stronger?

yerg is offline Associate Member
    Mon back/bis
    Tue legs
    Wed off
    Thu Chest/tris
    Fri Core

I suppose I just said bis because I love to train them. But really I would incorperate to mass building exercises (like you have) and then 3 sets of finishing... Like concentration curls, regular dumbell curls, or cable curls. I would do that for all muscles 2 or 3 mass building exercises. 3 sets of each and then 3 sets of a finishing exercise...

Quote Originally Posted by yerg
    Mon back/bis
    Tue legs
    Wed off
    Thu Chest/tris
    Fri Core

I suppose I just said bis because I love to train them. But really I would incorperate to mass building exercises (like you have) and then 3 sets of finishing... Like concentration curls, regular dumbell curls, or cable curls. I would do that for all muscles 2 or 3 mass building exercises. 3 sets of each and then 3 sets of a finishing exercise...

I'm not sure If I follow you correctly. You propose the above split, with additional exercises for the major muscle groups. Then how many total exercises and sets should i do for the small groups (bis and tris). I think you are saying I should just add 3 finishing sets to my smaller groups, and 3 finishing sets additionally for the major groups? What do you imply by core? I apologize for all the questions but any help would be useful. Thanks for your time.

i like it...u leaft back and legs by itself which are the bigeest boy groups...you grouped chest and shoulder (both pressers) and left bis/tris by itself...
    with 3 days off...is friday the day u feel stronger?
    I see what your getting at, and no, Im strongest on monday. Im just hesitant to do arms before chest and back in fear of losing my ability to press and pull like i usually do. As much as I want to focus on my arms, I need to keep working the compound groups hard.

then leave the chest and back for the end of the week and do legs on wed.
    oh wait that means chest one friday and back on saturday...maybe that wont work for what u want. stick with the original setting...do u do cardio? how much?

then leave the chest and back for the end of the week and do legs on wed.
    oh wait that means chest one friday and back on saturday...maybe that wont work for what u want. stick with the original setting...do u do cardio? how much?
    at the moment I am doing about 2 hours cardio a day cause I am trying to cut a little for the summer. But this will only last about 2 weeks. Then I will do 1 hour of cardio 3-4 times a week. will this pose a problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information