pg600rr is offline Junior Member

Help! Starting over after gyno surg. (help with new workout/diet)

So a little less then a year ago I had gyno surgery, for about 2 months prior to surgery and up to about 2 months ago I did not workout at all so I am pretty much starting fresh and want to get back into it and have some questions. For about a 2 months I have been doing total body workouts, 3 days a week with legs inbetween days. My goals are to get up to about 195-200lbs. and maybe around 11% BF. I am not taking A.S. anymore and want to keep supps pretty basic.
    I am 23 years old
    BF=?
    184 lbs
    6'1''
    Off the top of my head most recent lifting #'s I can think of:
    flat bench 145lbs.x7
    v-bar push downs 140lbs.x10
    incline bench db 50'sx10
    1.)How many days a week should I be doing cardio? how long? also I should go with sprint intervals instead of sustained running correct?

2.)Right now I am taking ON 100% whey, Health from sun total efa, GNC mega men.. what else should I be taking? creatine? (i was leaning towards cell-mass) how many shakes should I get in a day? also what should I look at for calories? I was thinking about 2500-3000.I found a pretty good grocery list here in the forum that i copied and am trying to adhere to..

3.)how many days a week should i be doing sit-ups and also how many exercises/sit-ups total? I was thinking 1 upper 1 lower 1 sides 2 sets each 15 reps..

4.)Now for the workout...this is where I really need help. I am going to start a log because I think it'll help me stick to a routine if I track my progress. I never seem to have a set plan going in the gym and sort of do the same thing over and over and i am assuming this is why my gains are not great.. I really need help setting up a workout, it seems like the majority on here like the split body part workouts better then the total body workouts..
    -how many exercises per body part?
    -how should i split them?
    -low reps(4-8) or high (10-15)? or should i do high week 1/ low week 2?

I was looking at this members workout set up and thinking of doing something similar?
    Power/Rep Range/Shock routine

Any comments/help is greatly appreciated, I am very anxious to get back on track and get my body back in shape!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Seems with all of the assistance you need in many different areas, you may wish to hire a trainer/nutritionist to come up with a plan of attack for you.

~SC~

pg600rr is offline Junior Member
    dont have the $$$ just graduating from college and starting L school=poor

Thread Information