Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    What do you mean by "a 1/3, 2/4 split " exactly ?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Let's say you workout on Mon/Wed/Fri.
    o.k. well if you were to do something like this:
    Mon: chest/shoulders/tri's
    Wed: Back
    Fri: legs

Then you'd alternate routines. So you'd do one routine weeks 1+3 and the alternate routine weeks 2+4 so you only challenge your lifts every other week.
    Does that make sense? You have two completely different chest/back and leg routines that you alternate from week to week, it really helps bring up weaker parts and allows you to work on more than one weak part at a time this way from my experience.

Ex: On one of my back routines I do mostly upper back movements and on the other I do heavy Deads and other core movements. On one leg day I start with quads and the other I start with Hams. Chest I start with incline and the alternate workout I start with flat.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Let's say you workout on Mon/Wed/Fri.
    o.k. well if you were to do something like this:
    Mon: chest/shoulders/tri's
    Wed: Back
    Fri: legs

Then you'd alternate routines. So you'd do one routine weeks 1+3 and the alternate routine weeks 2+4 so you only challenge your lifts every other week.
    Does that make sense? You have two completely different chest/back and leg routines that you alternate from week to week, it really helps bring up weaker parts and allows you to work on more than one weak part at a time this way from my experience.

Ex: On one of my back routines I do mostly upper back movements and on the other I do heavy Deads and other core movements. On one leg day I start with quads and the other I start with Hams. Chest I start with incline and the alternate workout I start with flat.

totally understand now, thanks.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Btw this was a good way of training and I saw good growth but since then I've started HIT training which IMO is much more effective although I may go back to something like this routine for a couple months at a time just to spark growth. This kind of routine built my foundation so I'd deff not say it isn't a productive way of lifting. Main concern should be Progressive Overload. (Continuously challenging previous lifts with either more reps or more weight depending on the volume).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information