Notthatbig is offline New Member

Drinking and lifting

This is a hard balance for me to do. I am a college student and I would say I drink 2 times a week.Does anyone have any advice on how to keep the weight off from beer? Should I do heavy cardio the following day? This is a workout question so please refrain from directing me to another forum

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    beer is great but it f@@ks you up,can cause a raise in estrogen and this will cause increased weight bloodpressure and water retention.you could try cardio but that wont work on its own.

Donarudo is offline New Member
    Yeah I've been wondering how that would be possible myself... I drink beer occasionally but mainly hard liquor and plan on starting a cycle soon. Pretty sure there's no substitue for that since it's liver toxic also...

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    oncyle and drinking = stupid..Just asking for liver damage.

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    oncyle and drinking = stupid..Just asking for liver damage.
    personally, i think working out and drinking in general is pure idiocy. one is to improve your body, the other destroys it. if you're gonna drink while on a cycle, then you shouldn't be doing a cycle cause you obviously lack the discipline to get maximum results from your cycle and are wasting your money and time.

as far as preventing the weight gain from beer, easy solution... DON'T DRINK!!! i used to be the biggest partier in my high school junior and senior year, yet i wouldn't drink more than 2 or 3 times a year at most on rare special occasions and you know what? people respected me for that. most of them said they simply wouldn't have the discipline to do what i did.

you have to consider what your priorities are. getting drunk, acting stupid, and feeling like crap the next day, or getting bigger, stronger, and leaner. it's up to you, but in-between will always be second best and will fall well short of optimal results in and out of the weight room.

find something else to do other than go out and drink. hit the beach, play pool, hit a strip club (yes, they sell water too), rent jet-skiis for the day, go hiking, etc. going to a bar or nightclub is boring as hell, so of course you need to drink to keep yourself entertained. however, if you actually go somewhere where there's something to do, you won't feel as inclined to drink.

you look at your friends who are hitting the bars/clubs every weekend, and yea, they think they're having fun cause they get so drunk they can't tell the difference even though most their night is probably spent gawking at girls that they're too wasted to actually have a chance with. however, watch as these guys graduate and move on, and watch how that excessive drinking and dependency on it for whatever reasoning does down the road in their future. you have an opportunity to take a different, more succesful path. i've seen countless partiers from college become alcoholics down the road (eve though of course they swore they never would), they're usually lazy as hell, depressed, and lack any and all motivation. of course there are exceptions, but this is the typical path that drinking will lead you to.

Andorious is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    personally, i think working out and drinking in general is pure idiocy. one is to improve your body, the other destroys it. if you're gonna drink while on a cycle, then you shouldn't be doing a cycle cause you obviously lack the discipline to get maximum results from your cycle and are wasting your money and time.

as far as preventing the weight gain from beer, easy solution... DON'T DRINK!!!

well said, i agree completely

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant

as far as preventing the weight gain from beer, easy solution... DON'T DRINK!!! i used to be the biggest partier in my high school junior and senior year, yet i wouldn't drink more than 2 or 3 times a year at most on rare special occasions and you know what? people respected me for that. most of them said they simply wouldn't have the discipline to do what i did.

you have to consider what your priorities are. getting drunk, acting stupid, and feeling like crap the next day, or getting bigger, stronger, and leaner. it's up to you, but in-between will always be second best and will fall well short of optimal results in and out of the weight room.

find something else to do other than go out and drink. hit the beach, play pool, hit a strip club (yes, they sell water too), rent jet-skiis for the day, go hiking, etc. going to a bar or nightclub is boring as hell, so of course you need to drink to keep yourself entertained. however, if you actually go somewhere where there's something to do, you won't feel as inclined to drink.

you look at your friends who are hitting the bars/clubs every weekend, and yea, they think they're having fun cause they get so drunk they can't tell the difference even though most their night is probably spent gawking at girls that they're too wasted to actually have a chance with. however, watch as these guys graduate and move on, and watch how that excessive drinking and dependency on it for whatever reasoning does down the road in their future. you have an opportunity to take a different, more succesful path. i've seen countless partiers from college become alcoholics down the road (eve though of course they swore they never would), they're usually lazy as hell, depressed, and lack any and all motivation. of course there are exceptions, but this is the typical path that drinking will lead you to.
    Bro your the man.. Love your post man.. Long and Informative keep it up. Simply amazing Thanks from me personally.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    No body here is going to condone drinking. It converts to estrogen.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    he never said he drank on cycle or is on cycle. personally i see no harm in having a few 2 nights a week while your in college.....

Andorious is offline Associate Member
    ur right louie there isnt a ton of harm from drinking a lil bit when in college. but it will put ur time in the gym to waste, esp. if ur having more than just a couple beers. considering ur drinking socially in college, ur probly getting wasted on those nites, which is a horrible thing to do if u consider weight training a priority. i dont know how you can keep the weight off other thn limiting wht ur drinking to a minimum, cause i dont drink.

Superdrol1971 is offline Associate Member
    Dont drink,thats the best way!!!!!

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andorious
    ur right louie there isnt a ton of harm from drinking a lil bit when in college. but it will put ur time in the gym to waste, esp. if ur having more than just a couple beers. considering ur drinking socially in college, ur probly getting wasted on those nites, which is a horrible thing to do if u consider weight training a priority. i dont know how you can keep the weight off other thn limiting wht ur drinking to a minimum, cause i dont drink.
    but hes young and his metabolism should still be high. from my experience the drinking doesnt put the weight on, its the 3am run to the diner and the bacon cheeseburger deluxe, w/ cheese fries and gravy that does you in. yea its counterproductive from a training perspective, but what he needs to do is decide what his goals are. if he wants to be mr olympia, yea dont booze. if he simply wants to look better then the average person a few beers isnt really going to hurt. your in college once, enjoy yourself and cut loose a bit. nothing worse then saying coulda woulda shoulda later in life. of course binge drinking is never a good thing. when you get older youll realize that no one cares how much you can drink. nowadays(yea at 24 im an old man) ill tip a few sam adams at the bar, but havent gotten drunk in about 8 months.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Notthatbig
    This is a workout question so please refrain from directing me to another forum
    Uhhhhh, yeah, go grab a drink then.

~SC~

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Donarudo
    I drink beer occasionally but mainly hard liquor and plan on starting a cycle soon.
    Wow, what priorities you have, you must be REALLY serious about fitness.

We don't have room for this kind of shit here, this is for those who are serious about training and being intelligent with their bodies.

~SC~

Thread Information