Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 225 rep max???

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1975
    Fifty reps LOL. That is a ton. Is that you in your avy? It's hard to tell, it's kind of small, looks kind of like Swarzenegger. If it isn't, do you have any pics? I wanna see what a guy who can bench 225 50 times looks like. I know some world class power lifters, some, could probably do it easy, but how many of those do we have on this site? However, I DO know there are some animals in that powerlifting forum that are probably world class. I know I cannot come anywhere near that and I can bench 400 halfway through a strenuous flat bench routine, obviously putting my max above that. I think some of it has to do with how far apart you place your hands on the bar too. I used to bench wide, and could do 225 a lot, even though my max was way less than it is now. I narrowed it up a lot, to decrease pec and shoulder injuries on heavy lifts, am much much stronger, but may not be able to do 225 too many more times than I used to be able to. Anyways....with 225 for 50, your max has to be around 600. Gotta be in that neighborhood right? I assume you don't use a bench shirt either. Yeah, I squat 405 for 4 sets of 8 all the way down. First few sets are easy, on heavy days I can jump to 495 right after that first set and do it 4-8 times. My max has to be close to 550-585, and I don't even know if I could squat 225 for 50. I probably could, but I don't even know. Two twenty five for 50 on the bench is a lot period.
    i agree, i remember seeing jeremy freeman did 54 reps at the olympia bench challenge last year, hes about 6'2 280 and maxes about 550

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    i can prob knock it out 75 times............squatting that is.
    i can rep 500 on the rack and i have a cardio capcity next to Kongs, so i'm guessing 75.
    K....gonna do it next leg day

Tbone1975 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    i agree, i remember seeing jeremy freeman did 54 reps at the olympia bench challenge last year, hes about 6'2 280 and maxes about 550
    I mean really right? Everyone is different though. But I do believe there is at least some reliability to assessing someones max bench from how many times they can do 225. Maybe not all that much, but certainly you can't take a dude seriously who says he's maxing 500, and can only do 225 10 times LOL. Not saying obviously, that, that is what this guy said. Dunno man, I can do 315 10-12 right now, gotta hit that up actually, and can put up over 4bills. I need to max man, sh*t. I think I'm about 425, talkin flat bench. I've had crap days where I only did 315 for 7 and still worked up to 4. I haven't maxed on 225 for a very long time. I prolly could do it 25-30, would think no more than that. Definately no more than 35. It's weird though, because Brady Quinn did it 25 times at the combine and can only do 350. I can throw up 350 like nothin. Who knows, maybe I could do it 35. Would make more sense. I'll have to try it sometime. Fifty times equals serious weight though, serious weight LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    i can prob knock it out 75 times............squatting that is.
    i can rep 500 on the rack and i have a cardio capcity next to Kongs, so i'm guessing 75.
    K....gonna do it next leg day
    That is strong man! I can rep 5, dunno how many times I could squat 225, nor do I wanna find out!

Actually I might be wrong on Brady's bench max being 350. It said that on one website, but it almost looks like, judging by the other things they said, that, that info may have been taken before last season or during it. The combine info I gave is right though, give or take 1 rep.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    i must be reading this wrong because trying to max with reps is the goal every time u do a set for any muscle. assuming ur training for power/muscle gain
    Damn I missed that. I totally agree, 100 percent. I thought no matter how many reps you do you should max it to maximize gains. With me, I KNOW it man, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206
    no i do 225 for a warm up.. just once i tried to see how many i could do..

the only reason i tried that once is because i saw inmates at my work doing it... i never do over 15-20reps for my warm up
    Cool, makes more sense.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    I did it for my last two sets about a month or so ago, the first set I did 5 good reps and then the last set i did it about 4 reps.

I dont think I could lift any more than that for even one rep, 225 feels like a lot to me.

I remember when I first started lifting I thought it would be cool to bench 225 for a one rep max.

Quote Originally Posted by MFT81
    I did it for my last two sets about a month or so ago, the first set I did 5 good reps and then the last set i did it about 4 reps.

I dont think I could lift any more than that for even one rep, 225 feels like a lot to me.

I remember when I first started lifting I thought it would be cool to bench 225 for a one rep max.
    Haha, yep, I remember I used to think it would be real cool to bench 225 for 1. When I did it, it was definately a great feeling. Sometimes weights can feel heavy and sometimes at least part of it is in your head. If you can do 225 for 5, I guarantee you can put up more than that. Probably 255 or 265 or somewhere in that neighborhood if you really wanted to. I remember when I was in that area. Then when I got to 265-275 for 1, I wanted to rep it, then I wanted 315 for 1, etc,etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information