Chins is offline Junior Member

Cross Training/Full body workouts

So after watching 300 which was a sick ass movie I started to read up on the spartans and training and the training the actors did and I come to a conclusion that I want to do some full body training 3 times a week and then run 3 times a week. I was going to get a trainer to develope a program for me (older hardcore guy at gym) but it appears to be a tad to expensive. So where else to go but the board to see if anyone can assist or throw some ideas out there for me and if anyone else likes the idea for them too. My thoughts are below

I thought things I can do for these workouts that will be mon-wed-fri would be the following.

Chinups
    pushups
    Bench
    Deads/cleans
    Squats

I know the actors did the 300 rep thing which is below here.

The 300 workout, as it was done by the actors:

“300”
    25x Pull-ups
    50x Deadlift @ 135lbs
    50x Push-ups
    50x Box Jump @ 24” box
    50x Floor Wiper @ 135lbs
    50x KB Clean and Press @ 36lbs (KB must touch floor between reps)
    25x Pull-ups
    300 reps total

Andrew Pleavin, who played Daxos the leader of the Arcadians, did 300 in 18 minutes. Savage.
    I just want to do a fast paced 45 min cross training workout for 8 wks. Just need something different after 15 yrs.

Any thoughts?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    what are your goals?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There is benefit and application for full body workouts... people get so wrapped around training one muscle group per day and never look outside the box.

Do the program and right down your progress - work progressively - and see if this type of training serves purpose for YOU.

One instance where a general full body workout serves benefit is right before carb loading. Studies show that carb loads affect the recently worked muscles to a greater degree - full body training sensitizes the whole body for greater carb(glycogen) supercompensation...

I want to mix it up. I want to get into the gym and do something new and do it hard. My goals are to get shredded in 8 wks. Of course this workout will not do it my diet will but that will be in check. Basicly I want non stop hard working workout with olympic lifts and calastetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    There is benefit and application for full body workouts... people get so wrapped around training one muscle group per day and never look outside the box.

Do the program and right down your progress - work progressively - and see if this type of training serves purpose for YOU.

One instance where a general full body workout serves benefit is right before carb loading. Studies show that carb loads affect the recently worked muscles to a greater degree - full body training sensitizes the whole body for greater carb(glycogen) supercompensation...
    Can you break this down likeI am a 3rd grader. I think I understand what you are saying but simplify it

kiro is offline Junior Member
    You might want to take a look into Pavel Tsatsouline's works. I did after having the same will to change my workouts from top to bottom. Worked great foe me.
    good luck
    kiro

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kiro
    You might want to take a look into Pavel Tsatsouline's works. I did after having the same will to change my workouts from top to bottom. Worked great foe me.
    good luck
    kiro
    Stuart McRobert has some good books regarding this too - his abbreviated training articles are very well-written...

Ridla is offline Associate Member

floor wiper???

What a floor wiper??

Quote Originally Posted by Chins
    So after watching 300 which was a sick ass movie I started to read up on the spartans and training and the training the actors did and I come to a conclusion that I want to do some full body training 3 times a week and then run 3 times a week. I was going to get a trainer to develope a program for me (older hardcore guy at gym) but it appears to be a tad to expensive. So where else to go but the board to see if anyone can assist or throw some ideas out there for me and if anyone else likes the idea for them too. My thoughts are below

I thought things I can do for these workouts that will be mon-wed-fri would be the following.

Chinups
    pushups
    Bench
    Deads/cleans
    Squats

I know the actors did the 300 rep thing which is below here.

The 300 workout, as it was done by the actors:

“300”
    25x Pull-ups
    50x Deadlift @ 135lbs
    50x Push-ups
    50x Box Jump @ 24” box
    50x Floor Wiper @ 135lbs
    50x KB Clean and Press @ 36lbs (KB must touch floor between reps)
    25x Pull-ups
    300 reps total

Andrew Pleavin, who played Daxos the leader of the Arcadians, did 300 in 18 minutes. Savage.
    I just want to do a fast paced 45 min cross training workout for 8 wks. Just need something different after 15 yrs.

Any thoughts?

www.google.com

I tried to find it real quick but couldn't. I said the same thing and found it on google this AM

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Yeh man, hard workout but it wasnt done as a routine, it was done as a one off test. some of the actors and stunt guys did it others didnt.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Apparently they did a diferent workout every day.

yaeh I know that well now I do.....

I just wanted toms opinions on a nice 3x a week overall body workout

Looks like not alot interested in this topic might just customize it myself

I will have to make sure I will use chinups/deads/clean and jerks and bench I suppose. Should be fun

yaeh I know that well now I do.....

I just wanted toms opinions on a nice 3x a week overall body workout

Looks like not alot interested in this topic might just customize it myself

I will have to make sure I will use chinups/deads/clean and jerks and bench I suppose. Should be fun
    take a look over at www.rosstraining.com and www.rossboxing.com mate, lots of excelent overall body workouts.

Thanks bro
    aka mate

im sure you could incorporate some of the training into your routine, i did and it worked well for me, mmmmmmmmm al try and remember what i did..........................

think it was

dumbbell swings 5 x each arm
    dumbbell snatches 5 x each arm
    dumbbell a think its clean and jerks?? dont na if thats the name 5 x, dumbbell in each hand.
    5 x burpees

do this 5 x, youl be fuked, if not just increase the weight of the dumbbells, start off light see how it goes.

hope this helps.

Thanks bro
    aka mate
    LOL i call me mates a few things, kid and i use bro aswell

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    been wanting to do full body work out for awhile but I'm worried about over training.....grrr

you won't oever train. With proper eating and off days you should be fine.

Truth is we always talk about overtraining but when I playing football working out and playing basketball pretty much every single minute of every single day I was in the best shape of my life. The rest thing is way over reached. I mean don't get me wrong I think you need to listen to your body but if you can move and walk you can press baby!!!

Lets come up with something boost. A plan.

What exercises do you like? We can develope a kick ass workou. I am going to start monday

frankyboy is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridla
    What a floor wiper??
    I found that on youtube.....this is the floor wiper in the <300 training>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNGC...elated&search=

m down.....im gonna think it over the weekend and come up with something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Eyg32W4aE

here is there training.....

testfire is offline New Member

I think what youre looking for

is something like crossfit. Crossfit will burn your ass out in no time and sounds about like what they were talking for the 300 training. Their website has a different workout everyday and you dont need any wazoo equiptment and you dont have to google shit to figure out exactly what they are describing

Thread Information