Thread: Bigger arms??

Seipher09 is offline New Member

Bigger arms??

Ok first i have a heart murmer meaning if i lift weights and most likely will get a heart attack. I was looking for simple arm exercises i can do at home with no weights required. I was auctually looking for a push-ups guide that can help possibly such as how many to do for how long or 10 sets of 10 or any thing. Any other help would be nice.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Triceps make up more of your arm mass, so dips for triceps and palm facing pull ups for bicep's. You can't really get to big without weighted exercise though, but you can definately build a decent body.

Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    Triceps make up more of your arm mass, so dips for triceps and palm facing pull ups for bicep's. You can't really get to big without weighted exercise though, but you can definately build a decent body.
    auctually i have tried dips in the past and those auctually hurt my arms (while doing them)

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    There are only so many things you can do without lifting weight bro, dips and pullups like mentioned already are good, I cant really think of anything else that doesn't use resistance and where good results can come out of which is healthy for you.....

Joe Dic is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seipher09
    Ok first i have a heart murmer meaning if i lift weights and most likely will get a heart attack. I was looking for simple arm exercises i can do at home with no weights required. I was auctually looking for a push-ups guide that can help possibly such as how many to do for how long or 10 sets of 10 or any thing. Any other help would be nice.

are you sure on that one, I have a very noticable murmur and have never been told i cant lift weights.My blood pressure is ridiculously low (even on cycle) Workin the heart actually helps as your strengthiening it.

I think this is something meebe you should ask around on ie more docs.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    squats.......

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pewntang
    squats.......
    I think you have said "squats" way too many times, but I do love squats. I think some asked on how to save money ordering supps and you said "squats" lol

importeater91 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dic
    are you sure on that one, I have a very noticable murmur and have never been told i cant lift weights.My blood pressure is ridiculously low (even on cycle) Workin the heart actually helps as your strengthiening it.

I think this is something meebe you should ask around on ie more docs.
    yeah i have a heart murmur too and the docs never told me. i used to play ice hockey for a few years too and plus all of the stuff we used to do out side as kids.

yea i hate having it...i always wanted to lift weights really bad

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rana173
    I think you have said "squats" way too many times, but I do love squats. I think some asked on how to save money ordering supps and you said "squats" lol

its the answer to everything ...

duramaxedge is offline Senior Member
    do some dips

Blooddraine is offline Associate Member
    hindu or dive-bomber pushups are excellent for tricep shoulder and chest development as well as core work... additionally do close grip pushups, incline pushups and several plyometric type pushups... all of these work the triceps. However, i do have to agree with everyone else here and say dips is prolly best choice. Additionally, i know you dont want to do any weightlifting but you should think about band training... look into it.

reconforce4 is offline Associate Member
    triceps are 3/4 of ur arm, so work on that, close grip bench press is ideal

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I would first talk to your doc and see what he says that you can't/shouldn't being doing when he comes to exerices.

Picking up light weight and doing 1000 reps is not going to cut it for growing muscle. If it were that easy i would look like arnold from picking up the TV remote everyday! Or when pewntang comes over and leaves his dirty boxers laying on the floor

Growing muscle has some basic principles. Breaking the muscle down with heavier weight to in turn have the body recover and build up bigger and strong is a fundamental principle which can’t be avoided.

towtheline is offline Junior Member

caution

Don't just talk to your doc, talk to a qualified doc. hew average medical doctor thinks weight training isn't necessary, only cardio. Go to a goods sports doc, and then you'll get a qualified opinion.

Knucklehead is offline New Member
    Dude I have arortic stenosis and I lift heavy everyday of the week execpt on sat and sun. I have done many cycles. just keep it checked every six months.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

I'm not even sure a medical doctor can anwwer your question with 100% accuracy. I would work the triceps with uni-lateral movements. This could put less strain on the heart because less weight will be lifted over-all.

My advise to you is try and find a heart doctor that knows bodybuilding.

Thread Information