maxumboater is offline Associate Member

Each arm has different strenght

My left bi and tri is considerably weaking than my right. What are some good ways to equal them out?

I cant get any replies in the workout forum.

My left bi and tri is considerably weaking than my right. What are some good ways to equal them out?

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"

You originally posted less than an hour ago,3:14pm,. Some people have jobs and lives and cannot be at your beck and call. Be patient you'll get an answer if you wait. Don't ask the same question in different sections, it's still the same question.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    You originally posted less than an hour ago,3:14pm,. Some people have jobs and lives and cannot be at your beck and call. Be patient you'll get an answer if you wait. Don't ask the same question in different sections, it's still the same question.
    Thank you^

Big
    Is it due to an injury or condition, or has it always been that way?

About 2 years ago I broke my left wrist and I know that has everything to do with it. I couldnt use my arm for a good 8 weeks, then after that it was really slow building it back up.

Anyone got any ideals????

are they the same size?

Big
    Due to one of my motorcycle accidents I broke both bones in my lower left leg, my left collar bone, and snapped my left shoulder blade clean in two. (this happened in week 10 of a 12 week cycle )
    It has taken me almost 2 years of specific training of different body parts to restore symmetry, but through proper training it can be done, provided there is no nerve damage.

My left is a half inch smaller. Its not real noticable by sight but if I am doing barbell curls the right side goes up and the left side drops down. Or say on concentration curls if I hit 10 reps with my right I will only hit about 6 or 7 with my left. (this usually happens on last set only) Its very fustrating. Man that must of been horrible for you Big. How long was it before you was able to start back in full routine?

Big
    Over a year. For starters I trained light weights with my weak parts and just flexing or isometrics with my strong parts. I then started maxing with my weak parts, and using the same weight but less reps with my strong parts. It was just one long experiment to see what worked, but I'm very close to symmetrical again.

Thats good to hear. Its carzy how things change in just second and all the hard work has taken some many steps backwards. You any ideals for my situation? Should I just stick with isolation movements for my arms and lift light with my right and heavy with my left?

Big
    Yep, I would train primarily the weaker arm with heavy enough weight that you are maxing sets in the 6 to 8 rep range, use the same weight for the stronger arm, but also stop at the 6 to 8 rep range although you could do more with the stronger arm. Try that for 6 weeks or so and see how you do. It's going to be a matter of finding what works for you, but focus on bringing the weaker one up and not training the stronger one in a way that it also grows at the same rate.

What kinda bike do you ride? What kind did you wreck on? (not meaning to bring back bad memories)

Another thing that really sucks is wrist curls for my forearms. I cant use a barbell at all for those. My wrist just wont bend that way any more. I can use dumbbells but I can feel it grinding and I get a little pain so that just sucks any way you look at it.

Big
    The crash I was just talking about was on an R1, was riding a private twisty road I've ridden many times, just got over my head and went down in a long curve, was going about 105 when I hit the ground. A few years before that I took a ZX9 head on into a Camry, the Camry won. That one wasn't my fault, she turned across my lane at the last moment, I left a 18" skid mark before impact, had no time to prepare. That one broke my back and trashed my right knee.
    I now have 2 more R1's, one stock and one heavily modded, and an FJ1200 drag bike I tinker with when I get bored.

You gotta be careful dude. Im surprised your still walking. I had a buddy get killed not to long ago when a women cut in front of him. He was just crusing along and she was going the oppisite way and turned in front of him. He hit her passenger door. They said his body was found fourty feet away from the crash site. People just dont look for guys on bikes. Loud pipes save lives. I've had my pipes get me out of a few fender benders.

Thread Information