Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Slingshot Training System

hockeyguy is offline Associate Member
    Ronnie - I understand that on the reload you should hit 12 set per body part and on the deload you should cut that in half so 6. But how many reps should you be doing on the reload and deload. My thought is 8-10 on reload and 4-6 on deload but please correct me. Thanks

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VASCULAR VINCE View Post
    Hey ronnie..what are the pros and cons of 4,6 and 8 weeks cycles vs 12???
    IMO, 4 weeks is too short for long acting esters.

IMO, 6 weeks is good but you would be taking a chance on not getting the most out of your anabolic cycle by cutting it 2 weeks short of full-adaptation.

8 WEEKS HAS BEEN PROVEN THE BEST FOR ANABOLIC STEROID CYCLES BECAUSE FULL-ADAPTATION OCCURS IN AROUND 8 WEEKS.

IMO, 12 weeks is a bit too long when using the same dosages of steroids -hence you could be wasting your money.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
    Ronnie - I understand that on the reload you should hit 12 set per body part and on the deload you should cut that in half so 6. But how many reps should you be doing on the reload and deload. My thought is 8-10 on reload and 4-6 on deload but please correct me. Thanks
    I've been getting a lot of positive feedback so I've made some recent updates to Slingshot Training!!!

Peform an 8 week reload and at the same time do an 8 week anabolic cycle of either steroids or pro-hormones. During this 8 week reload do 6-12 sets per each major body part for the entire week.

After your 8 week reload, it's time for a 1-2 week deload. During this time decrease protein consumption by half, reduce anabolic supplements, and reduce training volume by about half as you stated above.

The idea rep-range is around 8-12 but you can go as high as 15 for some muscle groups and as low as 4-6 for others if desired. During the deload it's good practice to go with lower reps to build strength unless you are injured.

After the 1-2 week deload return to an 8 week reload and repeat protocol until burnout occurs. You can do a 1-2 week prime (active or non-active lay-off) when you reach total burnout from blasting (reloading and deloading)!

Danielpinto is offline New Member

Weight Training

The Slingshot training technique as described is a very effective method, I appreciate the gesture and look forward to be a continuous follower of your style
    ================================================== =======
    Daniel
    Weight Training

hockeyguy is offline Associate Member
    Any new updates Ronnie.

MANIMAL55 is offline Junior Member
    What a great post. I wish some of the mainstream magazines would post helpful knowledge like this rather the the crap i read in some of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
    Any new updates Ronnie.
    Not yet..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tizom55 View Post
    What a great post. I wish some of the mainstream magazines would post helpful knowledge like this rather the the crap i read in some of them.
    Thanks! Magazines are published to keep selling more and more copies to the public. Sales would decline if they did not include all the garbage because some people get bored quick and would rather chase after pipe dreams as opposed to putting in the hard work week after week and do what's required.Unfortunately, some people never undestand there's no quick fixes or easy way out.

They massively over-train because they think a certain pro is doing 20 sets per body part because it's written in some magazine when in reality they are not.

pt923 is offline New Member
    To me it seems a little tough to limit a shoulder workout to 12 sets, because there is the front, rear, and side delts to work and then presses (if you do presses) and shrugs. So how would your typical shoulder workout look for the reload and deload phases?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pt923 View Post
    To me it seems a little tough to limit a shoulder workout to 12 sets, because there is the front, rear, and side delts to work and then presses (if you do presses) and shrugs. So how would your typical shoulder workout look for the reload and deload phases?
    My current shoulder workout during reloads is as follows:
    Shoulder presses 4 sets
    Lateral raises 3 sets
    Reverse flyes 3 sets

Sometimes I opt to do go with 4 sets for every exercise.

Traps would not be included in my shoulder workouts but currently I do 6 sets of dumbbell shrugs for traps.

During deloads:
    Shoulder press 2 sets
    Lateral raises 2 sets
    Reverse flyes 2 sets
    Shrugs 3 sets

Note: These are work sets and do not include warm up sets!

pt923 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Shoulder presses 4 sets
    Lateral raises 3 sets
    Reverse flyes 3 sets

Traps would not be included in my shoulder workouts but currently I do 6 sets of dumbbell shrugs for traps.

During deloads:
    Shoulder press 2 sets
    Lateral raises 2 sets
    Reverse flyes 2 sets
    Shrugs 3 sets

Sounds good. I do reverse flyes on back day. So what does your back day usually look like? btw, thanks for all the advice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pt923 View Post
    Sounds good. I do reverse flyes on back day. So what does your back day usually look like? btw, thanks for all the advice.
    Moderately wide grip pulldowns 3 sets
    Close grip pulldowns 3 sets
    Moderate grip rows to upper abs (side grip) on life fitness machine 3 sets
    Moderate grip row to lower abs (underhand grip) on hammer machine 3 sets
    Seated Dumbbell shrugs 6 sets

MTL
    MTL is offline New Member
    Hey Ronnie I have a quick question. Is it ok to take your B-12 with Tren or Test?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MTL View Post
    Hey Ronnie I have a quick question. Is it ok to take your B-12 with Tren or Test?
    B-12 is water based like winstrol , so yes, you can mix it with a oil based steroid like test/tren in the same syringe.

MTL
    Hey Ronnie thanks for all the help. I have another one for you. My brother and I have been taking 75mg of Tren eod for about a week and we have not had any side affects like Tren couch. Does this mean that we have bad gear?

MTL
    How long does HCG last after beeing mixed?

riironman is offline Junior Member
    Ronnie, would you have this info on a downloadable PDF version or a book?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riironman View Post
    Ronnie, would you have this info on a downloadable PDF version or a book?
    The book is in the making. I do not have a PDF version-sorry! Let me know if I can be of any help. It's actually very simple to follow.

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    ok ronnie im going into week 5 and i feel like my traps are getting smaller and i also feel like im not doing enuff for shoulders.. im doing the same shoulder work out you are...and help would be good thanks

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by OH REALLY View Post
    ok ronnie im going into week 5 and i feel like my traps are getting smaller and i also feel like im not doing enuff for shoulders.. im doing the same shoulder work out you are...and help would be good thanks
    Add 1 set per each shoulder exercise and reduce the weight you are using on dumbbell shrugs inorder to get a strong contraction at the top of the movement.

Six intense work sets once per week works well for most when trying to build traps. I like using only 1 exercise-"seated dumbbell shrugs"! I would also recommend using hooks over straps when doing shrugs because when your grip gives out you can crank out a few more reps. Keep arms perfectly straight anD close to the body when training the traps so the arms are not used.

Note: For the side delts perform one arm at a time side laterals raises on about a 70 degree incline bench. Do them very slow and deliberate and they will grow to their potential.

Add 1 set per each shoulder exercise and reduce the weight you are using on dumbbell shrugs inorder to get a strong contraction at the top of the movement.

Six intense work sets once per week works well for most when trying to build traps. I like using only 1 exercise-"seated dumbbell shrugs"! I would also recommend using hooks over straps when doing shrugs because when your grip gives out you can crank out a few more reps. Keep arms perfectly straight anD close to the body when training the traps so the arms are not used.

Note: For the side delts perform one arm at a time side laterals raises on about a 70 degree incline bench. Do them very slow and deliberate and they will grow to their potential.
    good advice im going to try that..

OK Ronnie even my bench is going down 225 incline for 8 and now i cant seem to get six on the last set should i be dropping the weight towrds the last sets?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OH REALLY View Post
    OK Ronnie even my bench is going down 225 incline for 8 and now i cant seem to get six on the last set should i be dropping the weight towrds the last sets?
    yes!

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member

Routine Clarification

I need clarification for the reload/deload/prime and when to incorporate cardio. I am not using steroids .

Current routine:
    3 week Reload (12 sets per bodypart)
    2 week Deload (6 sets per bodypart)
    Repeat until burnout (stiff neck/tendons). Then...
    2 week Prime
    and the cycle continues.

Cardio:
    Reload 1 days (15min PWO)
    Deload 4 days (20min PWO)
    Prime 5 days (25min PWO)

Questions:
    1. Considering I'm not using steroids, is my current routine correct or should I reload longer (8 weeks)? I can't reload with 12 sets for more than 4 weeks. If I reduce my sets whats a good starting point?

2. IF I cut my sets back on the reload so I can reload longer, do I also cut sets back on the deload or stick to 6?

3. If I'm reloading for 8 weeks when is cardio performed?
    Last edited by F4iGuy; 01-22-2010 at 12:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by f4iguy View Post
    i need clarification for the reload/deload/prime and when to incorporate cardio. I am not using steroids . steroids are not needed with slingshot training!
    current routine:
    3 week reload (12 sets per bodypart)
    2 week deload (6 sets per bodypart)
    repeat until burnout (stiff neck/tendons). Then...
    2 week prime
    and the cycle continues.

Cardio:
    Reload 1 days (15min pwo)
    deload 4 days (20min pwo)
    prime 5 days (25min pwo)

questions:
    1. Considering i'm not using steroids, is my current routine correct or should i reload longer (8 weeks)? you should reload for 8 weeks then deload for 2 weeks. A prime is an active or non-active lay-off to be done while on vacation or when total burn out occurs. I do one about every 6 months or so for 1 week. I do absolutely no training of any kind when i prime. I can't reload with 12 sets for more than 4 weeks. If i reduce my sets whats a good starting point? 8-9 sets per major body part. 6 can be enough for muscles such as traps, hamstrings, forearms, calves.

2. If i cut my sets back on the reload so i can reload longer, yes! Do i also cut sets back on the deload or stick to 6? cut sets to 4 if you do 8.
    3. If i'm reloading for 8 weeks when is cardio performed? when ever you want. Unless you are an endomorph i would not exceed 20 minutes 3 days per week. Never do cardio on leg day!
    answers above in bold..

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Ronnie, everytime I train my lower body, whether its squat, lunges, leg press, etc, I feel that its always my quads do most of the work, the result is my hams and glutes stays flat, and underdeveloped.

My quads are pretty responsive with heavy weights, so I don't care too much for it, but what i need help with is how can I focus on my lagging hams and glutes?

Can you help me design a specialize set of exercises where I can do 1 special day per week just focusing on my lagging hams and glutes? like what are the best choice of exercises that won't involve any quads stimulation, and how many sets per exercises, etc, to beef up my flat backside?

Thanks man!

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    think im going to give this a go. i best get to reading

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Shoulder presses 4 sets
    Lateral raises 3 sets
    Reverse flyes 3 sets

During deloads:
    Shoulder press 2 sets
    Lateral raises 2 sets
    Reverse flyes 2 sets
    Shrugs 3 sets

Ronnie, what exactly is a 'working set'? How many reps would you am for? To failure? Do you have a spotter to aid you in forced reps?

For example. Lets take shoulder press (smith). You'd do:

1 warm up set with 60kg 15-20 reps
    1 warm up set with 80kg 12-15 reps

1 working set with 100kg 8-10 reps

That one working set x4. Increasing/decreasing the weight if needed.

Is that right mate?

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    i hope ronnie replys to my pm..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaNiCC View Post
    i hope ronnie replys to my pm..
    All I got was a few pics of sexy women..Please try again!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Ronnie, what exactly is a 'working set'? How many reps would you am for? 8-12 reps is perfect! To failure? Go to good failure-point where you cannot get anohter rep in good form but not to the point of causing injury like some tend to do. Do you have a spotter to aid you in forced reps?No as this can cause over-training and injury.

For example. Lets take shoulder press (smith). You'd do:

1 warm up set with 60kg 15-20 reps
    1 warm up set with 80kg 12-15 reps

That one working set x4. Increasing/decreasing the weight if needed.

I would do this for 4 work sets:

1 warm up set with 50 15-20 reps
    2nd warm up set with 60 12-15 reps
    3rd warm up set with 90 for 6 reps
    Start 1st work set to god failure for 130 for 6-8 reps
    2nd work set to good failure for 110 for 12 reps
    3rd work set to good failure for 110 for 10 reps
    4th work set to good failure for 100 for 8 reps

Is that right mate?
    above

a52735 is offline New Member
    Throughout the years, myself and other bodybuilders/power-lifters have experimented with reloading for longer than 8 week intervals. On paper the idea sounds promising but in reality it causes progressive gains to stop sooner that what can be accomplished with proper periodization. I have been fortunate enough with my profession to be able to perform many trial runs with people coming from various genetic backgrounds and who where at diffferent training levels (beginners, intermediate advanced and very advanced)!

## I have learned that many people can do enough right by accident in the gym to reach a pretty high level of development. I like to see them obtain that last 20-25% with Slingshot Training they are usually missing out on while avoiding injuries that should never have occured in the first place.##

Multitudes of people, especially our youth, are often guilty of listening to those who are taking or have taken a ton of anabolic drugs. Not that there’s anything wrong with adults taking anabolics if they chose to do so, but when these individuals use phentermine without prescription their stats to bolster arguments in favor of some idiosyncratic approach to training and dieting, it becomes the flavor-of-the-month approach to bodybuilding. The truth is, a lot of drug- enhanced bodybuilders make impressive initial gains, but are not making continued gains because they do not know what constitutes proper diet and training. My suggestion to everyone is to approach training in a simplistic manner. There's no reason whatsoever to be filled with doubts. The best thing you can do is not over analyze and just train consistently hard and buy acomplia online allow what ever will happen in the long run. This will put you on the right track! It's rarely about muscle recovery, it's about tendon, joint and CNS recovery. Meaning the joints, tendons and CNS of steroid users can't withstand more than a natural trainer regardless of how many steroids they take to enhance protein synthesis. Just because someone using steroids will experience faster muscle recovery does not mean they can get by with more volume and make maximal gains. The muscle tissue of natural bodybuilders also recovers at a fast rate but they still need to wait for CNS and joint recovery to take place prior to training again. Anabolic steroids are known for increasing the rate at which a muscle recovers by accelerating protein synthesis and up-regulating neuro-muscular pathways. This combination makes "steroid users" stronger and bigger at a quicker rate than natural trainers. The extra strength allows those who are on steroids to generate more intensity and push heavier work loads. The additional stress breaks down more muscle tissue, increases joint deterioration, and puts a tremendous strain on the central nervous system.

## Use of the Slingshot Training System promotes the greatest results in a controlled fashion—both with and without the use of illegal substances.##

Weightlifting is about creating continual adaptation. Gains in muscle mass are not made in a linear fashion. My studies have found that after reloading for 8 weeks, the body's ACTION/REACTION FACTORS catch on to the same training stimulus even if some gains are still being made. What occurs next is that all gains will come to a sceeching halt much sooner! Why? Beause a deload provides the body with a different training stimulus while allowing Central Nervous System recovery-hence muscle gains are also made during a deload. It's not just during a reload that muscle gains are made! Alternating back and forth between a reload and deload will certainly extend your growth period by keeping the body off balance. The old sayings that sometimes "less is more" or "a lot of things work but nothing works forever" is correct.

The culprit with deloading is when someone absuses it as an excuse to become lazy or look for an easy way out. Think about this-Mike Mentzer was always big due to his genetics. For years he had utilized a constant reload to obtain pro-level status. One day he decided to reduce his training volume by way of a deload. What happened? Mike experienced a huge growth spurt that made him believe low volume training was the holy grail of bodybuilding. However, this was not the case at all. He simply provided his with body with a new training stimulus while simultaneously allowing the body full-recuperation. Mike should have returned to his old higher volume training method of reloading and then changed things up with proper deloads. Instead he went from one extreme to the others and this kind of dogmatic thinking has brought forth much confusion in the bodybuilding community that should not be. Dorian Yates when through the same exact thing and it ended his career!

NOTE: I believe in taking the path of least resistance in all that I do bodybuilding wise. Paralysis by Overanalysis is a common thing with today's bodybuilder's and Slingshot Training is helping people break away from the viscious cycle of obsessive compulsive high-volume training and obsessive compulsive low-volume training!

Due to all the chaos, we now have much division in the weight lifting community. On one side we have the low volume crowd screaming everyone’s over training! On the extreme opposite end we have the high volume advocates preaching that anyone who uses low volume is lazy and are not doing enough work to stimulate muscle growth! Then there’s the moderate volume crew who believes low volume and high volume lifters are nothing more than a bunch of extremist! Next, we have the powerlifters claiming the only way to obtain size is to lift with heavy weights and low reps! Last, we come to the radicals who have given up on finding any truth and go around telling everyone all they need to do is lift until they drop and eat like a mad man! Next, we come to the fad diets. On one side we have the high carb crowd claiming if you eat dietary fats they are more likely to be stored as bodyfat. Then, we have the high fat diet advocates teaching that carbohydrates are a menace because they increases insulin levels causing our body’s to store fat. Yes, there are also groups who teach you should never eat carbs and fats in the same meal or eat carbs at night. Other self-proclaimed experts are saying the body is only capable of digesting a certain amounts of protein in each meal and the rest is stored as bodyfat or eliminated by the body. Last, we have the radicals who believe the more protein you eat the bigger and stronger your muscles will become. So, if you’re tired of all the chaos, and I know many of you are, you have finally found the right training system!

# # Slingshot Training is turning chaos into predictability for many weight lifters.# #

The Slingshot Training System is the authoritative guide to reaching your utmost genetic potential as a bodybuilder or power-lifter/strength athlete. Both natural and drug enhanced lifters should train in cycles that mimic the action/reaction factors of anabolic steroid cycles! The same dosage of synthetic testosterone enanthate starts losing it's effectiveness after having been active in the body for roughly 8 weeks. The same rule applies to anabolic agent like creatine that can be purchased over-the-counter by naturals. The secret lies in doing 2-Anabolic Phases (RELOADING AND DELOADING)! The advantages of Slingshot Training over other routines is that it’s fun and exciting, it's not some cheesy cookie cutter routine, its' safe and proven to work, the training splits and exercises that will fit everyone’s needs, it allows you to work on weak points, there's a diet plan to fit everyone’s bodytype, it’s easy to follow and it will allow you to reach your utmost full-genetic potential in muscle size at a faster pace without becoming injured or over-trained.

Truth be told, some of you go around boasting about making gains following a particular training style or diet plan that's not really the best. When I was inexperienced, I was in the same boat. What I learned throughout my career is that it's not nearly as important to find which methods work, but rather finding those that do not work so well! Throughout my 22 years as both a personal trainer and weight lifter, I learned to allow my experiences in the gym and at the table have their way with me. I compared the over-all results of every training style/diet I could find until only the best was left standing. Now at 43 years of age, I have discovered that as with most truths, it's usually very simple and right in front of your face. The best program I have found for both bodybuilders and strength athletes is the Slingshot approach. I have a very good idea who most of you are. And even though we may have grown up in different parts of the world, we are just a like when it comes to weight training. Many of you are fed up with not looking any different and you do not want to spend the next few years wasting time jumping from program to program and being confused by all the different opinions. Slingshot Training is precisely what everyone is looking for in this day and age of complexity and over-analysis.

## Within the next 10 years, I predict that most people who are serious about weight lifting (bodybuilding and strength training) will be using some form of Slingshot Training. Everyone must dedicate themselves to this lifestyle, incorporate the proper nutrition, lift heavy weights with the correct form, utilize straight sets, use a lot of sets for the anchor exercises and push through the cruelest reps weight lifting has to offer. You must avoid thinking in absolutes if you want to succeed at this sport. Bodybuilding in an extreme sport, but having an all-or-nothing mind-set is counter-productive. I am of the opinion, there never has nor will there ever be a better way to train than using a Slingshot approach.##

Important Note: I've received a ton of emails concerning training splits. For the record-I do not believe in "cookie cutter routines" because they do not work for everyone! Everybody has a unique training preference. This includes both exercise selection and the way body parts are split. No one split can be said to be Holy Grail because so much is dependent on individual preferences. The training splits listed are mere samples that have worked extremely well for many. Those of you with a very busy schedule may be able to train only twice a week where as some of you hardcore bodybuilders will want to train upwards of 7 days per week and twice a day (morning and aftenoon workouts)! For now I am covering 3, 4,5 and 6 day sample training splits for bodybuilder's. The strength training/power-lifting and power-building (hybrid between bodybuilding and powerlifting) programs will be listed in my book when it gets published. I do want to say something up front for those involved in various sports- Do not use speed reps in hopes of increasing athletic performance. This is wrong! Speed reps will actually do just the opposite over time by slowing down body motion in order to protect the joints. Those of you involved in sports must utilize polymetrics or practice the sport you are involved in to increase speed, not speed reps where there is a lock out at the end of the movement with weights. Also understand that you can use your own customized split with each and every type of training program. Just keep the maximum amount of sets and 2 training cycles (RELOAD/DELOAD) as I have outlined. DO NOT use poor splits were a lot of over-lapping occurs between body parts if you want Slingshot Training to work for you!

Biography

My name is Ronnie Rowland. I am 43 years old and have been a personal trainer for over 22 years. My passions for helping others gain as much size and strength as humanly possible has turned into a life time obsession. Years ago, I dreamed of designing the most logically consistent training system in the world. I'm glad to have the opportunity to share with you what I believe are the finest principles. For those of you who have a basic understanding of training and diet, Slinshot Training will make sense. My agenda is helping others full-fill their dreams both inside and outside the gym. When my elite clients think they are working hard in the gym and on their diet, I tell them that someone is probably working even harder and that should drive them crazy!

I specialize in working with elite-athletes (for i.e.; professional football players, bodybuilders and power-lifters). I'm here to help everyone in need. I do not quit on people because I have learned, it's like patronizing them for life! I tend to be a perfectionist and set no boundaries with my hardcore trainees. I teach them to think like a child so more can be accomplished through imagination and visualization. I am of the opinion that all too often weight lifters let society dictate to them what they can do instead of thinking outside the box. I also believe in making short term goals. Then once you achieve them you can start getting more aggressive in your vision of what you want to accomplish. If I do not know how to do something, I'll learn to do it. I'll do whatever it takes to help others achieve their weight-lifting goals and let no one stand in my way! I am commited to being the best personal trainer I can be. It's been very exciting for me to watch the transformations being made with Slingshot Training. I am convinced you have to have your mind, body and spirit working in harmony so you can confront and conquer this sport.

Muscle size, shape, potential for growth and strength are determined by your own personal set of genes-but I do not mean to imply the proper diet and training program won't help you maximize your genetic potential. My biggest obstacle as a personal trainer has been training "insecure people". They tend to get all upset when I show them a better way. For example, I have explained to many individuals that the flat bench press is great for those with superior chest genetics, but not so good if they were born with a small chest. With the flat press, more of the load is taken over by the front delts, triceps and lats as opposed to the chest for those individuals with small pecs. These people tend to do much better with decline presses, incline preses and flat flyes. People who were born with a big set of pecs usually excel using flat presses. Some of the people I meet that have a small chest will turn a deaf ear when they hear what I have to say about flat presses because they have a hard time accepting the fact they do not have a huge barrell shaped chest like Arnold. However, once they start having severe rotator cuff pain or show signs of lagging in the chest department, most become all ears.

## Let's be honest, accepting our genetic limitations is not an easy thing to do. You can lie to others if you choose to do so, but never lie to yourself! ##

Years ago, I dreamed of designing the most logically consistent training system in the world. I'm glad to have the opportunity to share with you what I believe are the finest bodybuilding principles. For those of you who have a basic understanding of training and diet, Slingshot Training will make sense. My body type falls into the category of your classic skinny-fat-man with poor vascularity. Before you laugh too hard at my non-training picture, I want you to realize my genetics represent the largest population of today’s bodybuilders; the hard gainer! Due to having surgeries, I was unable to train. I lost all the muscles I had worked for in only 2 years time. This occurred when I was in my early 30’s. At the bottom of this page are some before and after pictures showing you what Slingshot Training has done for me. The after pictures were taken back in the summer. The picture of me holding up the fish was taken when I was unable to train. Here's a link to some current pictures. Are these before and after photos real?? In addition, my 45 year old wife decided to post some of her pictures in the following link- Pictures of my wife.. My wife Kathy Rowland is currently squatting 315 pounds for 8 reps and is doing lunges for 15 reps with 2-45lb plates on each side of the bar. I will post more progress pictures of my wife and I as time goes on!

Before Slingshot Training

After Slingshot Training

Pics of wife after entering her first bodybuilding show this year and winning 1st place in middle weights-http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=389194

The STS is just as effective for one of my friends with good genetics. I’ll let you read a quote from a professional bodybuilder named "Tricky Jackson". Lonnie Tepor of Ironman Magazine referred to him as the greatest light weight bodybuilder of all time. A quote from Tricky Jackson himself: “Many have asked what my "secret" is for putting on lean muscle mass during the off-season. To make a long story short, it wasn't until the year 2004 that I met long time professional trainer Ronnie Rowland out of Aiken South Carolina. He introduced me to an unconventional approach to bodybuilding called the STS (Slingshot Training System). I thought I had heard it all, but he opened up my eyes to what bodybuilding could be and showed me how to cycle my workouts in conjunction with my diet-supplements in order to mimic the way chemically enhanced bodybuilders make their best gains. In 2004, I was an advanced competitive bodybuilder weighing in at 198 lbs during the off- season and my gains, had all, but stopped. I gained only one pound of muscle that whole year stepping on the stage at 170 lbs. As you can imagine I was getting a bit frustrated. Rowland convinced me to give his off-season training system a try during the 2005 off-season. To my surprise, I increased my body weight considerable and was able to maintain 8 pounds of pure muscle after I dieted down for my show. This allowed me to step on stage at a ****** 178 lbs. It wasn't until getting my pro-card, that I fully realized just how far this training system had taken me. In 2006, I was about 221 lbs off season and a whopping 190 lbs on stage. That’s 12 more pounds of pure muscle in only a year’s time!!! It gets even better. I almost won my first pro show this past weekend by placing 2nd to Silvio Samuals in the Europe 210 lbs and under Division and came in 9th in the open. My experience with the STS is beyond measure-"literally"!

Nice pictures.
    Last edited by a52735; 05-21-2010 at 04:23 AM.

pskyle is offline Junior Member
    wow...all of this was really helpful info. Thanks a lot!

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    Ronnie I love your training system....

Finished my 2 week De-load after my first 8 week Re-load phase. Now at the end of my first week in the second Re-load. Your training principles are simple and they work, I love it.

That 2 week De-load while dropping supps and cutting protein in half really gives your body a much needed break and chance to fully recover and refresh itself. I've had a nice rebound effect, where my lifts are already better than they were at the end of my first Re-load and I'm looking leaner in the mirror too... At the start of this first week back into the volume and supps my body was a bit thrown out, however today was leg day and it all came together... All I could do was smile as I pumped out 170kg (374lbs) squats unaided

I hit a PB on the 2 week De-load also, pushing 420kg (924lbs) on leg press for 2 sets of 8 reps!

I should say however that I don't follow any diet that you've mentioned in STS. I follow my own carb/calorie cycling diet.

Can't wait to see the further results towards the end of this Re-load!

My stats:

Weight: 87kg (191lbs)
    Height: 176cm (about 5"7')
    Body fat: Around 12%
    Training exp: 5 years
    Am aiming to do my first comp towards the end of next year..

Coca Cola is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Want_Abs View Post
    Ronnie I love your training system....

Finished my 2 week De-load after my first 8 week Re-load phase. Now at the end of my first week in the second Re-load. Your training principles are simple and they work, I love it.

That 2 week De-load while dropping supps and cutting protein in half really gives your body a much needed break and chance to fully recover and refresh itself. I've had a nice rebound effect, where my lifts are already better than they were at the end of my first Re-load and I'm looking leaner in the mirror too... At the start of this first week back into the volume and supps my body was a bit thrown out, however today was leg day and it all came together... All I could do was smile as I pumped out 170kg (374lbs) squats unaided

I hit a PB on the 2 week De-load also, pushing 420kg (924lbs) on leg press for 2 sets of 8 reps!

I should say however that I don't follow any diet that you've mentioned in STS. I follow my own carb/calorie cycling diet.

Can't wait to see the further results towards the end of this Re-load!

My stats:

Weight: 87kg (191lbs)
    Height: 176cm (about 5"7')
    Body fat: Around 12%
    Training exp: 5 years
    Am aiming to do my first comp towards the end of next year..
    Awesome review bro!

I too myself enjoy this training program very much!

bmit is offline Member
    Big props Ronnie. Thank you so much to adding so much to the training and diet knowledge on this board. Have been using DC for awhile and made awesome gains - so a big fan of that system. Then went to straight sets HIT and my progress has stalled.

Started your system this week and am already loving it after one week. I am 33 yo, on HRT of 340 mg Cyp a week - with .25-.375 letro every 3 days and proscar. I know dose is high for TRT but that after two years of different doses and trying deca with it, I feel best at this dose. 500 iu HCG every 4 days.

5'8, 177 lbs, at 12% bf. Graduated high school at 130 lbs so have really developed my body compared to what i thought i would. Been working out very hard last two years and dieting.

Most guess my bodyfat is much lower so maybe the electric machine at the gym is jacked up. the only fat i really have is on my lower abs.

I am cutting right now so carb cycling and doing cardio on empty stomach to lose couple more pounds then T3 and then hitting keto diet.

Split is:

1) Shoulders: 4 x DB press, 4 x laterals, 3 x rear delts, 15 x shrugs for traps
    Calves workout 1: 3 x seated for gastro

2) Back: 4 x T- bar rows, 3 x pulldowns, 3 x seated rows, straight arm lats overhead x2,
    Triceps: 3 x pressdown, 3 x lying french press
    Abs

3) off

4) Legs: 4 x squats, 3 x hams/glutes, 4 x standing calves - for soleus (lagging body part) so also hit calves on shoulder day with a seated calf raise to hit the gastro more
    Biceps: 3 sets of 21s

5) Chest: 4 x incline db, 2 x slight incline smith on first incline setting, 2 x pec dec
    Forearms: 2 supersets
    Rotators: 4 sets
    Abs

Any comments? What can i do to tweak my diet since most of my fat storage is occuring in the lower belly? Is that insulin related or......?
    Last edited by bmit; 06-13-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: mistyped

lucas7 is offline Associate Member

training time

Just a quick question about the begginers training

Monday (Day 1)

Chest-

10 degree Decline Press- 3 sets (8-10 reps)

10 degree Incline Press- 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Shoulders-

Dumbbell over head shoulder presses- 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Lateral raises- 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Lats-

Medium/wide grip pull-ups or lat pull-downs- 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Close grip pull downs (plams facing each other)- 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Barbell rows to lower stomach 3 sets- (8-10 reps)

Barbell rows to mid/upper stomach-2 sets (8-10 reps)

Traps-

Seated Dumbbell shrugs-3 sets (8-10 reps)

Abs-

Crunches-2 sets for 15-50 reps

Tuesday -Off

Wednesday (Day 2)

Biceps-

Seated dumbbell curls 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Seated dumbbell Hammer curls 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Triceps-

Lying Tricep extensions 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Tricep pushdowns with small straight bar 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Quads-

Squats- 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Partial dead-lifts -1 set (8-10 reps)

Leg press 2 sets (8-10 reps)

Hams-

Lying leg curls 3 sets (8-10 reps)

Calves-

Standing calves raise 3 sets (8-10 reps)

I try not to workout for more then 45 mins but this program would take a good 1 hour with taking the proper rests between sets.

How long should this program take and how long is overtraining ?

is this designed for deca and sus or no steroids ?

Thanks.....

diggum is offline New Member
    Ok, I see this thread isnt really getting too much action, I will try anyway before reposting on another thread
    Ok ive been doing this for almost a year and i still really dont think im doing this correctly.

I blast for 2months and then cruise for 2 weeks. As far as aas goes when do i excately stop short esters on the last day of my 8 weeks. THen reduce anabolics for two? That all i need to do? Ive read in on bodybuilding.com that ronnie said to blast for 4 weeks and cruise for 2. DUde seriously what the deal. Why is this not coherent from site to site. DId you update your information as you learn or something? Somebody please chime in.

diggum is offline New Member
    Ronnie where is that book you promised, is this the current sts program. What about pumpyouup.com or bodybuilding.com are those not current anymore cause your information is not the same like i said last post. It hard enough i read them all a dozen times and then find that info is not the same. arrghh

Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member
    WOW!!! this is not only the best literature I've read on this forum, but the best literature I have read on this subject period! Cheers mate. Let us all know once you get your book published. I will buy your first copy...

If only I worked for a Publishing House.

Great Post, Thank you!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information