smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned

cardio questions

I been doing cardio 5 days a week, mon wed fri i workout in the afternoons and cardio afterwards, and tue wed cardio afternoons about same time, would it be worth wild to get up that hour and a half extra everyday to do my cardio in the am on empty stomach?

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    no not IMO after weights light intensity cardio is fine id say the sleep is more iportant than the AM cardio in your Case also thats just my opinion

yeah i didn't figure it made a huge difference

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    There is a HUGE thread on here somewhere debating the 2 types of cardio. Do a search you might be ablt to find it. Lots of good info in there. It seems to be about 50-50 on what people prefer, maybe even 60-40 towards AM cardio. I like to do both, I seem to have the best results from AM cardio 3-4x a weeks and HIIT PWO 2-3x a week

BuiltForThis is offline Associate Member
    I see the best results when I mix things up. I do twice a week PWO low intensity for 20 minutes, twice a week 20 minutes HIIT on my days off, and once a week 45 minutes of a.m. cardio on an empty stomach.

I was told to keep off the hiit while cutting because it started to eat at your muscle. so i have just been doing steady state for 45 min like i stated above, and one day of hiit on my carb up day

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyd View Post
    I was told to keep off the hiit while cutting because it started to eat at your muscle. so i have just been doing steady state for 45 min like i stated above, and one day of hiit on my carb up day
    Ever seen a pro track sprinter? They seem to do fine with HIIT

Kelsey Nakanelua 100 meter olympic sprinter
    Last edited by AdamGH; 06-18-2008 at 02:53 PM.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^^Perfect example.

FrankieJJ23 is offline Banned
    I been doing cardio 5 days a week, mon wed fri i workout in the afternoons and cardio afterwards, and tue wed cardio afternoons about same time, would it be worth wild to get up that hour and a half extra everyday to do my cardio in the am on empty stomach?
    i would think it would depend on what your goals are..? i want to drop body fat so i just do 15mins before and after on incline at like 4.0m and my incline ranges. someone said there is a theard about it which they are right but i just like this way and been seeing better results then HIIT when i was doing it

that guy is pretty ripped, well extremely, but im lookin to cut fat not muscle you know, very well built but my goals include much more mass than the guy pictured

and i never knew sprinters looked like that lol all i can picture when i hear sprinter is a kenyan that weighs a buck ten.

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    and i never knew sprinters looked like that lol all i can picture when i hear sprinter is a kenyan that weighs a buck ten.
    those are the marathon runners. those are examples of people that like to do to much cardio

wake.up.hate is offline New Member
    The best thing to do is mix up low intensity cardio with high intensity cardio. A good idea is this, on training days do 20-30 mins of low intensity fat burning cardio. On off days, do HIIT for cardio vascular fitness/endurance, and, fat burning.

Thread Information