RotorHead is offline Associate Member

Lifting friday-sunday

Guys.. im coming to the end of a cycle and i was working out 5 days on 2 off(saturday-sunday). I might be getting a job working monday-friday and i take night classes so its going to be impossible to workout during the week. am i pretty much screwed or anyone do this before?

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    only advice I can give you is encouragement to just do it. I worked a full-time job, did night classes a couple times a week till 10pm and then wake up every morning at 0430 and train... finish training then go to work and stayed at it until I finished up my MBA.... I don't think your situation is impossible or unique.

If you can't work that hard, then do training sat, sun, and then pick 2 or 3 other days during the week that is not so hectic with class schedules and work....

think about what works for you and then make it happen.

good luck.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
    Guys.. im coming to the end of a cycle and i was working out 5 days on 2 off(saturday-sunday). I might be getting a job working monday-friday and i take night classes so its going to be impossible to workout during the week. am i pretty much screwed or anyone do this before?
    Back in my 20's I worked around 60 hours per week one year as a personal trainer. I was only able to train on the weekends.

I did the following 2-day per week split-

Saturday-Chest/Shoulders/Lats

Sunday-Arms/Legs

I stayed in the gym for about 2 hours each session (very demanding) but it worked.

I would recommend following a 2 day per week Slingshot Split. Do around 5 sets per body part on a reload and only 3 sets during a deload. Do 1-2 exercises per body part.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    Hey its still 3x per week. You will be fine.

my schedule is gonna be monday-thursday work 8-5pm then school is 6:30 - 11:30. but id have plenty of time friday-sunday to work out so i could do a 3 day split pretty easily

should i just lay off the juice for this?

Thread Information