RendellUnit is offline Junior Member

Trying to cut up, best time for cardio?

I am going to try and cut some fat and I was wondering the best time to do cardio. Is it before you lift weights or after you lift weights?

Age 25
    202lbs
    12% bf
    6ft tall
    3 year training.

Below is my diet:

Meal 1: 5:45AM

4 egg whites - Pro 14g Fat 0g Carb 0g Cal 60
    1/3 cup oats - Pro 6g Fat 3g Carb 27g Cal 150
    1 Scoop 12 hour protien - Pro 21g Fat 1.5g Carb 6g Cal 125

Protien 41g Fat 4g Carbs 33g Calories 335

Meal 2: 7:00am
    2 peices of whole wheat bread - Pro 7g fat 2.5g carb 29g cal 170
    1 tbls of peanut butter - Pro 3g fat 6g carb 5g cal 80g

Protien 10g Fat 8.5g carbs 34g Calories 250

Meal 3: 9:20AM

1 can of chicken breast chunks - Pro 32g Fat 1g Carb 0g cal 140
    1 scoop of whey - Pro 24g fat 1.5 carb 3g cal 120

Protien 56g Fat 2.5g Cabrs 3g Calories 260

Meal 4: 12:15pm

1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - Pro 25g Fat 2g Carb 0g cal 120
    1/2 cup brown rice - Pro 3g Fat 1.5g Carb 34g Cal 150

Protien 28g Fat 3.5g Carbs 34g Calories 270

Meal 5: 3:30PM
    1 Banana Pro 2g Fat 1g Carb 51g Calories 200
    1 scoop of whey Pro 24g fat 1.5 carb 3g cal 120

Protien 26g Fat 2.5g Carbs 54g Cal 320

Meal 6 (Pre Workout Meal) 6:00pm
    2/3 cup oats - Pro 12g Fat 6g Carb 54g Cal 300

Protien 36g Fat 7.5g Carb 57g Calories 420

Meal 7 (Post Workout Meal)
    Salmon - Protien 24g Fat 13g Carb 1g cal 220
    1/2 cup brown rice - Pro 3g Fat 1.5g Carb 34g Cal 150

Protien 27g Fat 16g Carb 35g Cal 370

Shortley after Meal 7 its off to bed.

I wake up in the middle of the night everynight for a p*ss, so I was gonna have a shake before I go back to bed

Total Protien 248g Fat 46g Carbs 263 Calories 2345

First time I have ever wanted to cut, so any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated, especially for my pre workout meal, I want to make sure I eat the right food before I workout.;

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I recommend cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Low intensity for 30-45 mins.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't do cardio right before you weight train (other than for warmup)! If you can't do it 1st thing in the morn do 30 minutes pwo.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    Don't do cardio right before you weight train (other than for warmup)! If you can't do it 1st thing in the morn do 30 minutes pwo.
    agreed.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    ^^^YEP !!!

you can do it anytime of coarse, BUT the best times are

1. First thing in morning on empty stomach

2. AFTER weight training

SP1
    SP1 is offline Associate Member
    I agree with T-Mos. Early on an empty stomach or following your workout! If you can't do it at those times try to do it when you haven't eaten for about 2hours at least!

ImACrazyJewDaddy is offline Associate Member
    Now, not to hijack ..but, after your workout..do you still do the cardio on an empty stmach. OR do you consume a PWO shake(w/water)and continue on with the cardio session....

Ok thanks for the information guys. Well I really wanna get a little more cut, In April im heading to dominican and I wanna loose some belly fat. Its the only area that needs work, Im not cut to death, but I have some have decent definition for the upper body.

Now, if first thing in the morning is the best time for cardio, Im gonna get up extra early just to hit the gym prior to work to get my cardio in.

So my question is, how should I do this. Should I just wake up, get dressed and hit the gym, like, dont eat a thing or even take so much as a protien shake and then after my cardio, eat a big meal and pound a 2 - 3 scoop protien shake in me?

Should I take a glass of water with some glutamine in it prior to the morning cardio?

I am going to do just cardio at like 6am and then go to work and then hit the gym after work, so another question is, should I do a small amount of cardio after weight training when I hit the gym after work?

For maximum results, how many times per week should I do cardio? Im will to do whatever it takes to get a little more cut up for this 1 week all inclusive trip down south. I godda look extra good boys lol

Sorry for all the questions fella's, but I was 130 pounds a few years ago, im 202 now, so I have only ever tried to bulk, this is my first barbeque in terms of trying to cut up
    Last edited by RendellUnit; 02-13-2009 at 03:14 PM.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ImACrazyJewDaddy View Post
    Now, not to hijack ..but, after your workout..do you still do the cardio on an empty stmach. OR do you consume a PWO shake(w/water)and continue on with the cardio session....
    take your shake after the cardio

Any advice for the above questions guys?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    In red.

Quote Originally Posted by RendellUnit View Post
    Ok thanks for the information guys. Well I really wanna get a little more cut, In April im heading to dominican and I wanna loose some belly fat. Its the only area that needs work, Im not cut to death, but I have some have decent definition for the upper body.

Now, if first thing in the morning is the best time for cardio, Im gonna get up extra early just to hit the gym prior to work to get my cardio in.

So my question is, how should I do this. Should I just wake up, get dressed and hit the gym, like, dont eat a thing or even take so much as a protien shake and then after my cardio, eat a big meal and pound a 2 - 3 scoop protien shake in me?
    Wake up, take some BCAAs, hit the gym. Then just have your normal breakfast when done with your cardio.

Should I take a glass of water with some glutamine in it prior to the morning cardio? Sure you can, with some BCAAs

I am going to do just cardio at like 6am and then go to work and then hit the gym after work, so another question is, should I do a small amount of cardio after weight training when I hit the gym after work? You can yes. 30 minutes after you workout.

For maximum results, how many times per week should I do cardio? Im will to do whatever it takes to get a little more cut up for this 1 week all inclusive trip down south. I godda look extra good boys lol
    It largely depends on diet. Start with 6 days a week, and it you want to up it, 7 days. Even more? Go twice a day. But if your not seeing good results by then, you might want to take another look at your diet.

Sorry for all the questions fella's, but I was 130 pounds a few years ago, im 202 now, so I have only ever tried to bulk, this is my first barbeque in terms of trying to cut up

Thanks so much for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!

british bulldog 1 is offline Associate Member
    after weights

Thread Information