Thread: 35 and Fat

hoolee99 is offline New Member

35 and Fat

I am in realtively good health no major issues, just overweight and need some good ideas on routines at the gym, diet guidelines and supplement info to get started back into the gym. One to make it more enjoyable and also to make it to where results are forthcoming. I worked out alot and never seemed to get rid of target areas and now need help to make it. I have just joined the forum and realise that all the info is out there but wanted a little help from maybe people that have also been in the same position. Thanks to all for any help

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    The easiest way to do this is to have you list your workout and your diet and then give advice on what you need to do to improve. The more specific you are the more specific the advice can be.

surely except i have no real diet, I did the metafast program and all I ended up with was more hungry and no real weight loss. My workout was consisting of 30-45 minutes of cadio on an elliptical machine every other day and weights, chest and tri then back and bis and then legs and shoulders, I have the hardest time trying eat breakfast and now it consists of coffee my lunch or snack never existed and dinner has never been real good and almost never at a good time. I own my only electrical contracting buisness and my schedual always varies no real set schedual and havent figured out how to pack food that is good and tasty.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Okay, what are your stats? Height, weight, body fat %?

Sounds like you need to visit the diet section here. Ready the stickies up top.

http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutrition/

After reading those stickies, form a diet for you, post it up, and people will help you out. The first one, the Nark and Nova Performance Nutrition is great. They both know their stuff.

As far as working out, just a basic split will do for starting. Something like
    Mon: Legs/Abs/Cardio
    Tues: Chest/Bis/Cardio
    Wed: Cardio
    Thur: Back/Tris/Cardio
    Fri: Shoulders/Traps/Cardio
    Sat. and Sun.: Cardio

Cardio on workout days should be 30 minutes, right after lifting weights, at 65-70% MHR (max heart rate). On non-workout days, make it 1 hour.

As supplements go, all you need right now is protein. ON's 100% Gold Whey Standard seems to be a favorite. Save your money to buy food. No need for fat burners, creatine, etc. at this point.

I thought cardio should be done before working out? 5' 9" and about 207 lbs body fat not sure. Scared to truly know!!

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolee99 View Post
    I thought cardio should be done before working out? 5' 9" and about 207 lbs body fat not sure. Scared to truly know!!

I believe there is debate over that, but most of the guys that know what they are doing will tell you do it after.
    I've seen articles explaining how you burn more fat doing cardio immediately after weights.

Maybe MuscleScience will chime in, or anyone else for that matter.

I have watched the diet videos and have formulated a diet that I am going to start on thursday and hopefully begin change the body. I will also be at the gym in the mornings cadio and weights.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    post up the diet in the diet forum

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    If I did cardio before my work out I would be too smoked. I would suggest doing it afterwards from everything I have read on here.

Godson is offline Associate Member
    it takes 3 weeks to make a routine
    3 days to break it

--keep that in mind when you begin your new stuff

I would love to find or have a great routine for a guy starting to get back into the gym. i have lifted before but the workout never really seemed get great results?

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    people dont writ eup workouts on this site but we critique them

Free Training Advice-national certified trainer

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am lazy , so cardio isn't the highlight of my workout. My goal is to watch heart rate and keep in cardio range. I found that if I jump on cardio after weights it's easier to meet average heart rate . Also time between sets is kept to about a minute . Enough time to change plates or dumbells, Or catch breath if needed . xlxBigSexyxlx has good routine posted for you . Keep up intensity at gym at bodyfat will drop . BTW diet is only 78 % of weight loss . Good luck !

Thread Information