daniel_3855 is offline Member

triceps lagging big time.. help...

iam near the end of my cycle and my tries have not grown unlike all other parts of my body... workout is

3 sets of close grip bp
    3 sets of skull crushers
    3 sets of weighted dips.

its mainly the lat head thats not growing the but the long head is growing very nice...

any input? better workout??? cant do cables as i do my workout at home all i have is bench and free weights.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    it could be genetics. we all have some lagging body part, and yours just may be your tricep head. I only do 6 sets for triceps. It is a small muscle, after all. I don't think there is any need for 9 sets. You could be overworking them.

cubnlynx is offline Associate Member
    I know the tricep works differently depending on what position yourarm is in

Try this you can switch up the exercises just do one overhead arms in front of you and arms at your side that way you know your hitting all three heads

Overhead extentions
    skull crushers
    tricept pushdowns.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    it could be genetics. We all have some lagging body part, and yours just may be your tricep head. I only do 6 sets for triceps. It is a small muscle, after all. I don't think there is any need for 9 sets. You could be overworking them.
    yes!

Godson is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_3855 View Post
    iam near the end of my cycle and my tries have not grown unlike all other parts of my body... workout is

3 sets of close grip bp
    3 sets of skull crushers
    3 sets of weighted dips.

its mainly the lat head thats not growing the but the long head is growing very nice...

any input? better workout??? cant do cables as i do my workout at home all i have is bench and free weights.
    im in the middle of having a similar problem, i realized that i was doing the same excerices for an extended period of time, and i was only hitting the long head of my tricep, i believe skull crushers, and weighed dips both hit the long head, i could be mistaken though..

basically if ur split is 3 different work outs, you wanna hit the 3 different heads of the tricep...because if all three of your workouts focus on the long head, then thats gonna create some problems which was the case for me

add some variety to your tricep workout be creative.. do skulls from seated, laying, standing for etc.. i feel its been working for me, just add variety instead of same workouts each routine

Godson is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    it could be genetics. we all have some lagging body part, and yours just may be your tricep head. I only do 6 sets for triceps. It is a small muscle, after all. I don't think there is any need for 9 sets. You could be overworking them.
    dont really agree that 9 total sets is over training, i know its a small muscle and all but 6-9 should be alright

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    dont really agree that 9 total sets is over training, i know its a small muscle and all but 6-9 should be alright
    I think you need 9 sets if you aren't training as intensely. Not saying that you don't, but I train hard, intense, and go to failure on every single set, and my tris are torched, and sore for days when I am done with them. Different people respond to different things. Some people respond to lower intensity workouts, but high volume, while others respond to high intensity, but low volume. Arnold did high volume, and was in the gym for 2 hours at a time, but Dorian Yates got in there and kicked his @ss for 45 minutes of the most grueling workouts imagineable. I can't remember which way Ronnie worked out, but those are two good enough examples.

daniel_3855 is offline Member
    so what would be the best workout to hit the lat head guys?.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Some people hit tri's with higher reps for results.

Thread Information