bjpennnn is offline American Psycho

My bud wants to know how to develop your chest?

I dont really know how to respond when he asked me because we work out together and my chest is nice and big and his is not. Anyone have any recommendations on what they did, and what was successful for them? he has a great physique except his has no thickness in his chest at all. thanks guys.

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    Wish I could tell you. My chest is probably my slowest developing group.

However, I have started seeing better results since adding bb drop sets and additional db sets about 90 days ago.

thanks man any advice would be great, he is having a rough month with personal and everything so this would pump him up.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Try and use dumbells instead of barbells. Make sure you squeeze the chest each rep. Make sure you get that mind muscle connection going.

wordd i will let him know.

MayTryIt is offline Junior Member
    +1 on what rex said. I was training with a newbie the past week. When he was doing close grip rows, I put my finger on his spine and said "pretend there is a grape here and try to crush it", his form instantly got better.. I do the same thing when I do chest...pretend Im trying to crush a grape between my pecs....works great.

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357 View Post
    Try and use dumbells instead of barbells. Make sure you squeeze the chest each rep. Make sure you get that mind muscle connection going.
    agree i found dumbell use really help developed my chest coz it took pressure off the triceps since they dont lock out with dumbells

i also find rep ranges of 5-8 really effective aswell

also focus on the negative, go down slow with the dumbells and then force them back up

personaly always found decline bench was good also since it places more emphasis on ur chest and away from your shoulders, never used dumeblls for this since 60kg dumbells would be abit diffcicult to get into that position lol

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Dumbells - come down slow.stop at the top and bottom for a split second. dont bounce the weight up or drop the weight down

bigchapa is offline New Member
    My last 8 weeks i've been using DB for chest and seems to wrok really well for me. when doing decline DB just make sure to drop the weight before coming back up with it are could be ghard on the back. just foucs on the squeeze. Good luck!

bigjoe30 is offline Associate Member
    chest is my problem area also. the bottom part of my chest is soft i cant do dips but i can do decline , i'v been using db's mostly i think it's been helping but not as fast as i would hope for. any have a good chest routine that really hits the bottom but also still hits the top?

Thread Information