soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member

How many of you guys do regular deadlifting?

I stopped doing it about a year ago... I just do SLDL during my leg routine to hit my glutes and hams... but lately I've been thinking about returning to heavy deadlifting on back day...

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    Been deadlifting for 15 yrs straight, I've never been injured doing them, and chiropractors tell me my back is fantastic with zero problems

BPack10 is offline New Member
    I've been deadlifting for 26 years. I just turned forty. The last few years I've only deadlifted every other week which works well for me...

Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    Been deadlifting for 15 yrs straight, I've never been injured doing them, and chiropractors tell me my back is fantastic with zero problems
    Ya I have never had any problems myself except some muscle strains here and there and my dead lift at one point was 525 for 2 if I remember correctly... it was a decision based more around reducing my overall workload.. as I was doing SLDL with legs and then heave deadlift with back... recently I have been thinking I might throw it back in for that really heavy weight stimulation of the glutes/hams and lower back as right now with SLDL I'm restricted to around 335lbs maximum

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Hmm my new workout I have got now has excluded deadlifting which I found weird, because I believe deadlifting is a vital workout. I will prob add my deadlifts in between a day again, because it does help with total strength.

rmalouf is offline Associate Member
    i go through phases...i live by them for like 3 months n then stop them for like 3 months..im currently doing once a week now n loving it..its more of an ego exercise for me..after moving a shit ton of weight, im just mentally ready for anything!!!!

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    Ya I have never had any problems myself except some muscle strains here and there and my dead lift at one point was 525 for 2 if I remember correctly... it was a decision based more around reducing my overall workload.. as I was doing SLDL with legs and then heave deadlift with back... recently I have been thinking I might throw it back in for that really heavy weight stimulation of the glutes/hams and lower back as right now with SLDL I'm restricted to around 335lbs maximum
    now sometimes I only hit them eo wk though, I rarely hit them and rows on the same day, its just too taxing

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I do them with different phases in my training throughout the year. If I am cutting then I dont do them because I have problems recovering. But if I am in maintenance or bulking then I know of no other exercise that makes my back and hammies grow that much.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Little Herc is offline Associate Member
    I don't do them right now because i'm dropping some weight but I do them every week 8-9 moths a year.

tballz is offline Senior Member
    I deadlift and love it!

pjpogz is offline Junior Member
    i never take off deadlifts in my back workout regardless if im dieting or bulking.

i also train mma so i do it to develop my core strength...a thicker back is certainly a plus too.

nothing's more satifying than hauling some heavy ass weight lol

Thanks for the input guys... I'm going to throw them back in this week...

Dave_chameau is offline New Member
    To me deadlift is one of the best exercise around. I perform it every other week. I think this exercise really is the no 1 back builder if not the no1 muscle builder.

LiftedDuramax2007 is offline Associate Member
    I have some type of small injury in my upper ass/waist area. I used to do deadlifts all the time and when I stopped doing them to heal I've lost a noticeable amount of size from my back, traps and shoulders

Thread Information