Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

Help me come up with a new and effective split

It's time to change things up, my current routine is getting really stale and i'd like to revamp it. I'll lay out my current routine below, then the changes i'm thinking of making - i'd like your feedback on my changes, and if you can recommend anything better/more effective. Keep in mind that I can only go to the gym Monday through Friday. I am currently taking off Wednesdays, and would like to keep it that way but it's not necessary - if I have to go back to 5 days a week, i'm willing to do so if you think it will help.

Current Split

Monday - Chest, Tri's
    Tuesday - Back, Bi's (I do shrugs on this day, only exercise I do 2x a week)
    Wednesday - OFF (cardio and abs only)
    Thursday - Legs
    Friday - Shoulders (shrugs again on this day)

I am thinking of chaning it up to the following - this will allow an extra rest day in between shoulder and chest day:

Monday - Legs
    Tuesday - Chest, Tri's
    Wednesday - OFF (cardio and abs only) - will use this day as a gym day if necessary based on your feedback
    Thursday - Back, Bi's
    Friday - Shoulders

What do you think?

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like that change.

It also allows you to hit the two big days (Legs/Back) when you are fresh.

Five days a week can be taxing if you are training hard, or not on a cycle. Two on one off keeps the CNS fresh...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    I like that change.

It also allows you to hit the two big days (Legs/Back) when you are fresh.

Five days a week can be taxing if you are training hard, or not on a cycle. Two on one off keeps the CNS fresh...IMO
    I didn't think of the benefit of hitting those 2 big while i'm fresh, good observation Terraj!

Agreed about the CNS - that was the main reason I wanted to take that rest day right in the middle of the week. I think i'm going to start this Monday.

6ft5 is offline Member
    I like the change too. Maybe sat AM do fast walk and alittle plank work to keep the bf on the low(if your puttin to much on) was gona ask if you updated your avi lately? cuz your shoulders, traps, tri, chest look a little thicker. or have I been here way too much and seen n sht. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft5 View Post
    I like the change too. Maybe sat AM do fast walk and alittle plank work to keep the bf on the low(if your puttin to much on) was gona ask if you updated your avi lately? cuz your shoulders, traps, tri, chest look a little thicker. or have I been here way too much and seen n sht. lol!
    I should be able to get some cardio in Saturday - I want to stay away from the gym on weekends, but with the summer right around the corner I can certainly do something outside.

I did update my avi - thanks for the compliment! I actually like my original avi better - the current one was taken right after running a keto diet for a few weeks, so i'm looking really small there IMO. I mainly changed it because I was so frigging pale in my original avi, I couldn't stand seeing it anymore!

I should take a current pic - i'm all bloated from the extra 1000 calories i've been taking in. I am worried about fat gain, but I think it's mainly water retention right now as I can still 'pinch' the same amount of fat as before.

Thread Information