Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    1. chin-ups
    2. EZ bar curls
    3. db hammer curls
    4. db incline curls (sitting on an inclined bench and let your arm stretch all the way to the bottom)
    5. climbing ropes

jcp2 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    Agreed^^ Heavy straight Barbells are my money for Bis.
    i don't think thier is going to be much other than these and chins that are going to put any real size on your bis. If you do heavy compound work your arms usually get pretty big as it is. And whoever said benching is not good for the tris, my arms were at their biggest when my bench was in the mid 400's and i did no direct arm work whatsover. That being said, if you put 100 lbs on your bench dead and squat i bet your arms get bigger.

protrac231 is offline New Member
    Another one i picked up was, laying cable curls, and standing cable curls were the cable is through your legs while curling. Ive had great success with these, when my routine gets stale. The pumps are amazing.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    have you tried negative concentration curls take your max curling weight with a dumbbell add 20lbs to that and see if that dont get your bis pumped i know its worked for me and a few of my friends

just a pre warning after your second set youll be asking your friend to lift your jug of water and youll fell a whole new kinda sore i know i did lol

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    They're not that popular for some reason but the ez bar preacher curls give me an insane pump and good growth.
    It must be geographical, now that I live in Florida this is all I ever see people doing!

I also have noticed that MOST men seem to overtrain biceps and as a result never get the size they want. As far as compound movements, I do believe they can help shape a serious set of arms. Granted, biceps are secondary on back movements but an experienced lifter can emphasize the muscle to a greater extent than a novice. When you take into account large weights sometimes those secondary muscles are being overloaded with more resistance than isolation moves can ever obtain. I personally feel that throwing a couple hundred pounds on a T-bar is a lot harder on my biceps (secondary) muscles than any hammer curl could ever be and I am not the only one. The great Ron Coleman also rarely trained biceps in part because he felt they got worked so well on back day.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBuck6 View Post
    It must be geographical, now that I live in Florida this is all I ever see people doing!

I also have noticed that MOST men seem to overtrain biceps and as a result never get the size they want. As far as compound movements, I do believe they can help shape a serious set of arms. Granted, biceps are secondary on back movements but an experienced lifter can emphasize the muscle to a greater extent than a novice. When you take into account large weights sometimes those secondary muscles are being overloaded with more resistance than isolation moves can ever obtain. I personally feel that throwing a couple hundred pounds on a T-bar is a lot harder on my biceps (secondary) muscles than any hammer curl could ever be and I am not the only one. The great Ron Coleman also rarely trained biceps in part because he felt they got worked so well on back day.
    Biceps should be trained separately IMO. The secret to bigger biceps is to hit the inner head and the outer head of the muscle. Try close grip preacher curl thats a good example.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Biceps should be trained separately IMO. The secret to bigger biceps is to hit the inner head and the outer head of the muscle. Try close grip preacher curl thats a good example.
    no shit batman

BUTTERYGOODNESS is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Oh! ive always heard them called scott curls for some reason, or am i thinking of something else?

Hack da Squat is offline Junior Member
    Close grip chin ups with added weight bro apply reverse slingshot method with it and i bet yourl grow

The Rock! is offline Junior Member
    Hammer/preacher. 5 sets, finish with a superset.

After that, my bi's are shot to hell.

Larry Scott was a big fan of Spider curls. He said those are for getting a peak on the biceps like arnold and incline curls are for getting it thick like sergio for example. I saw in a video of his photos from when he was younger and his arms looked like sergio's, then a picture with him older and he had a very nice peak like arnold.

gingerjock is offline New Member
    good input

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Look at that, I posted this^ right before my elbow shat it's self from doing Heavy straight Barbells ....

My favorites and the ones that have helped me the most are

SBCurls
    Incline DB curls
    Crossbody hammers no lockout
    Incline ezbar curls
    preacher curls
    I dont know how to explain this one,but i use an ez bar,i lean up against a flat pole in the gym i extend my legs outward,sorta a little squat,where you cant cheat with your back and burn out,its amazing how it works
    Also i alternate crossbody hammers,regular hammers and supra bar hammers

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwkw View Post
    1. chin-ups
    2. EZ bar curls
    3. db hammer curls
    4. db incline curls (sitting on an inclined bench and let your arm stretch all the way to the bottom)
    5. climbing ropes
    surprisingly chin ups have a 90% bicep engagment. Chin ups are awesomwe for the guns! We dont think of that traditionally tho

apacheman75 is offline Junior Member
    completely agree

Benton is offline New Member
    I am beginner want big biceps and this thread is very help full for me that posting all the
    exercise that can prove helpful for getting big biceps. I am going to add these exercise in my routine.

Chino physical therapy
    Last edited by Benton; 08-27-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information