blazerelf is offline Associate Member

Muscle soreness lasting for days??!

I'll start by apologizing by any grammar msitake you may see ad if this is the wrong forum (was not sure if in this one or injury one)

I had 4 months away from the gym and I recently began to workout back and well i did my workout as always (did bicepsand chest) but the next day i feel a hard sorness on the muscle worked, ntohing to wory about i said, iwas even happy about it.
    3 days passed and the soreness is still their and is a little painfull to stretch completely my arm which is not normal I usuallly recover by the time 3 days pass since after chest/biceps i did 2nd legs and 3rd day rest so i did give it 3 days rest and usually i do recover within 3 days of soreness.

right away when i saw this happening i had 2 theory's
    1)overtraining (2)because i had a long while without training so my msucle was nto ready for too much intensity.

I had doubt about overtrainign because usually you feel no disire to workout, ur lazy,stressed, Ill but with me everything was fine exept for the sore, mentally i was really pomped and i i could (literally) feel the energy flowing across my body so i had doubts about it being it also the routine i did was teh exact one i did 4 monthd ago and I have done it several time in my life and it always gave me good result and never this soreness so why was this time different, by the way i just train 1 hour so i was not training too much..
    Also next day when i did leg assuminjg it was overtraining beleaving the casue was too many sets for small mucles (biceps) i did my leg workout with 16 sets (which researched was ok that much for legs) and im seing legs are going the same path.

My muscles are taking longer to recover from soreness, my diet is dicent i eat 2g prot per lb which i measure and weight myself,i sleep atleast 7 hours a day if not more I did not do anything i have neever done in my 2 years of workingout, so will teh cause be becasue i had to mcuh time without workout and began to strong?if so what can i do to avoid these long lasting pains?andhow can i treat it?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You will usually experience the most soreness a few days after training. This is called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. (DOMS) It should reduce each week of consistent training ultimately being reduced almost completely by week 3 or 4 of training, provided that you are getting enough rest and proper nutrition between bouts of exercise. The soreness itself from training can last days to even weeks. I recently changed up my leg routine and my legs were sore for almost a week. I have been training pretty consistently for 15 years. Baring injuries and things of that nature of course.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

thewarrior8845 is offline Junior Member
    if you've been away from the gym for four months your obviously gonna be pretty sore after your first workout after the layoff.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Happens to me any time I take time off.

GetSwole83 is offline Associate Member
    Be happy that you were sore...it means you did a job well done.

Next time you won't be as sore.

As I said in my story I was actually happy about it but when i see it was alsting more than 3 days it was no more something to be happy about, why? because it affects my otehr workout days today i had to do shoulder and some abs but forearms are too painfull so idk if may make it also tomorow im doing back triceps (2 muscles i really need to work on) aNd my biceps are to sore so idk if i may be able to even do pullups without risking or injury, thats why im not no more happy some msucle will gorw (hopefully) but others will be pooly trained if not totaly untrained

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    You will usually experience the most soreness a few days after training. This is called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. (DOMS) It should reduce each week of consistent training ultimately being reduced almost completely by week 3 or 4 of training, provided that you are getting enough rest and proper nutrition between bouts of exercise. The soreness itself from training can last days to even weeks. I recently changed up my leg routine and my legs were sore for almost a week. I have been training pretty consistently for 15 years. Baring injuries and things of that nature of course.
    So basically I may have several weeks where some muscle will be worked while otehr will not because of such extreme soreness? damn..

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerelf View Post
    So basically I may have several weeks where some muscle will be worked while otehr will not because of such extreme soreness? damn..
    Take it easy the first few weeks and you will not get extreme soreness. A few set of each body part for the first week or two then you can increase the intensity. That would be the preferred way to do it.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thread Information