Tbound is offline Junior Member

Strong Biceps weak Back.

Title says it all really, just wanted some opinions on how to get the most out of my Back workouts with such strong biceps. My thought at first is to just pre fatigue my biceps by starting my workout with them and then move on to the back portion of my workout. I work them on the same day so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    You need to learn how to pull with your back rather than your biceps

This may mean you need to drop the weight down and really focus on good form

Full contractions for back with a good pause on each rep...

Having strong biceps when training back is not too much of a problem if your training back properly with tight form... In fact it may be an advantage
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Strong biceps = great back workout... I don't follow. If you pre-fatigued your biceps then tried to work back your biceps would give out and your back would never get worked properly. You are at an advantage.

So true.....I've made a few attempts at this very thing.....lessened weight, used some sweet form and I'll be damn if not only my biceps but forearms also get swole to the hilt.
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    You need to learn how to pull with your back rather than your biceps

This may mean you need to drop the weight down and really focus on good form

Full contractions for back with a good pause on each rep...

Having strong biceps when training back is not too much of a problem if your training back properly with tight form... In fact it may be an advantage

Well, I'd be prefatiging in order to demand the back muscles step up.....think about it, by not being able to use them(as much) you put the onus on the entire back region and only have the arms as a means of steadying the weighted bar or cable. I've done this ,with great results, by mashing out my Tri's with french presses and some kickbacks....Then going into a chest routine. The results were one hellaciously weak(poundage wise) sets of presses but ended up having to pound down mega doses of Advil the next day due to my tearing some damn chest fibers all to hell...(so same theory on Back/Bi's)....Ya see, no tri's and your chest has nothing to do but buck up!......but this shouldn't be your staple or anything......just from time to time to add some variance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Strong biceps = great back workout... I don't follow. If you pre-fatigued your biceps then tried to work back your biceps would give out and your back would never get worked properly. You are at an advantage.

Sorry bro but it still doesn't make sense. I get the theory. I pre-fatigue my quads before squats sometimes, and I pre-fatigue my back before pullups. But if you make your biceps weak, they will give out before your back does.
    Take a pull up for example:
    If your biceps are tired and you try to do a regular set of pullups (say 10), but your biceps give out at 6, then your back still has 4 more reps before it is 'worked' but your set is done anyway.

May I ask why exactly it is you think your biceps are so strong and your back is so weak? Further, why is this a problem?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Sorry bro but it still doesn't make sense. I get the theory. I pre-fatigue my quads before squats sometimes, and I pre-fatigue my back before pullups. But if you make your biceps weak, they will give out before your back does.
    Take a pull up for example:
    If your biceps are tired and you try to do a regular set of pullups (say 10), but your biceps give out at 6, then your back still has 4 more reps before it is 'worked' but your set is done anyway.

May I ask why exactly it is you think your biceps are so strong and your back is so weak? Further, why is this a problem?
    I agree - its impossible to prefatigue the smaller muscle group in order to better work the larager one.

3 things made the world of diff when it comes to back for me:
    1- mind muscle coinnection
    2- envision chains at elbows and hooks on hands
    3 - focus on stretching then squeezing ahoulder blades togeter. So to start say a row let shoulders kind of roll forward stretching shoulder blade - when pulling back i imagine elbows pulled back with chains and i focus on squeezing shoulder bnlades tother - almost like trying to squeeze a poencil between the at the finish of the rep.

^ You use the exact words I use when talking to clients, down to the pencil. I even put my finger there to get them to squeeze. That's funny.

OP: I think you have weak biceps and you think you have strong ones lol.

Fellas, thanks for your opinions. Twist, when I get this sight figured out and can get an avatar up of myself, I'll let you decide....thanks, tho.

gmantheman is offline Associate Member
    As Twist and Jimmy suggested don't prefatigue the smaller muscle group-in this case bis before working back and concentrate on using good form. When working back, think your arms as hooks. You could try starting your back workout with straight arm pulldowns. This exercise doesn't have any bi involvement.

Thread Information