monstr85 is offline Banned

how to build bigger arms

Hello, i been working out for over 7 years...i am a large frame person who is lean and cut in my chest, traps, lats, and back, what i lack is bicep, tricep, and forearms...i work out biceps and triceps once a week after a days of rest of back...totaling 4 sets 8-12 reps per bicep and triceps so total of 8 sets for arms day. I am very veiny and i have semi- cut arms, but nothing compared to my other muscles....any help to increase mass and defenition...also my shoulders could be bigger....my split is as follows one each day: chest, legs, back, core&cardio, arms, 2day rest then repeat. I want the head of my biceps to be huge, and my triceps to be ripped.... help.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    What's your arm routine?

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    What's your arm routine?
    Curl machine 4 sets 8-10 reps, standing preacher curls 4 sets 8-10 reps, independent cable side curls 4 sets 10-14reps, sideways hammer curls 4 sets 8-10 reps....tricep pull down 4 sets 10-12, dips 4 sets 15-20 reps, tricep fix machine 4 sets 10-12, 30s 4 sets. I try to go 85-90% on all exercises and push to the max as far as rep failure, but im thinking of maybe droping weight and doing more sets or reps, and maybe upping arms and shoulders to two a weeks??? Any advice would be great.

jypoll is offline Member
    i find anything with dumbells will work increase arm size

DanB is offline Banned
    Weighted chins and weighted dips are best builders of bi's and tri's I.M.O

Close grip bench press or floor press is also excellent builder for triceps

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i'd suggest overtraining..

low reps heavy weights to increase size and strength..

I'd suggest that you split them as well since this is your normal routine, and do not work tri and bi on the same day..

also, to grow we need to eat enough protein to cause mitocondria and myofacial material to grow..

another way to make arms grow... grow your legs, yep..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    post a pic of where you are now

i try eating 1.5-2 g of protein per lbs, so im around 375-400g of protein a day, which should provide good enough growth, plus plenty of bcaas, and the gear should have no prob growing. ill post a pic in a few when i get home. Wizard when you say overtraining do you mean like 2-3 arm work outs mixed in with my other work outs, i feel that before my cycle i was doing almost anything like chest and back on moday, arms and shoulders on tuesday, leggs on wed, chest and back again on thursday, and arms and shoulders again on friday and i was fine, i could lift and didnt feel tired or sore, i wasnt doing it as heavy as i am doing my work outs now but i was going like 60-70% back then, ever since the beginning of the cycle people told me to only do one body part per day, which i do pretty heavy like i said 85-90% till failure but im sore all week and dont feel like i am getting the most out of the gear, i went from 183lbs after a cutting before my cycle, to 201lbs which i am today at 13-14% bf.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20120306_123650.jpg 
Views:	1308 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	120960

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    You look in proportion judging by your photo, no matter how big your arms get you will always feel they could be bigger. And feel smaller than they actually are, what do they measure ?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    You look in proportion judging by your photo, no matter how big your arms get you will always feel they could be bigger. And feel smaller than they actually are, what do they measure ?
    What doesn't look proportional is that phat ass in your avy pic! Then again, being proportional is overrated

Thread Information