G Lock is offline Banned

Wink Elbow Pain when Benching?

Over the past months I've had elbow pain in my left elbow when benching, I was wondering if this was the cause.
    Okay I workout in my own house because I have alot of equipment but I have a feeling it is my bench that is causing my elbow pain?
    Now I don't know if you guys ever seen benches in side of peoples homes but you can buy different ones

The bench I have seems very narrow, like in a normal gym you have lots of room to move your arms around because the two poles that hold the weight up are very wide apart. My bench however seems like its more narrow the two poles seem two be way more inward than a normal bench.
    Now what happens is I'm forced two use a more inward grip on when benching which sucks. I know when trying to building a wide chest you want to have a much wider grip but you can't on my bench because obviously the damn poles are to narrow and in the way.
    I feel like my grip should be a tad furthur than what my bench allows and thats bad cuz im short lol.

I seen benches online that are way wider than the one I have. Also since i have to use a more narrow grip that means when unracking the weight its kinda hard sometimes without a spotter and I was thinking maybe that is causing my elbow pain from the narrow grip while trying to rack and unrack teh bar.

Other than that I was thinking about just taking a week off of lifting all together because I havent taken a break in so long.

You think I should just buy a new bench?
    I noticed when I get a spotter to unrack the weight it doesnt hurt as bad so i think its my shitty bench.
    I take fish oils btw so idk I guess ill have to save up for a new bench, and heres what i do

I don't stretch because I feel it takes away from my strength, I do pyramids and then reverse pyramids on my bench
    So it looks like this
    10reps
    8reps
    6reps
    4reps
    1-2reps
    3-5reps
    8-11reps
    11-15 or till failure

Now I consider my first 2 sets like a warm up set because they are pretty easy, ive seen great gains off that routine so its not the routine. You think its my bench? Dont know if you guys ever had a shitty bench thats narrow like I have

Darkness is offline Member
    How much weight are you moving?

Thread Information